Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I've been following Falkirk for approaching 50 years yet I had Farid in my all-time favourite team after just playing one season for us. I'll be gutted if you guys sign him!

He left us and signed for Brentford and scored a load of goals for them before suffering an injury that almost ended his career. I don't think he's been the same player since and seems to be a wee bit injury prone now. If he's fully fit however and you play to his strengths he'll certainly help get you to the play-offs.

In all my time watching us I've not seen a better player for attacking cross balls in the air although he's better on the deck than most folk would probably give him credit for too.

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I've been following Falkirk for approaching 50 years yet I had Farid in my all-time favourite team after just playing one season for us. I'll be gutted if you guys sign him!

He left us and signed for Brentford and scored a load of goals for them before suffering an injury that almost ended his career. I don't think he's been the same player since and seems to be a wee bit injury prone now. If he's fully fit however and you play to his strengths he'll certainly help get you to the play-offs.

In all my time watching us I've not seen a better player for attacking cross balls in the air although he's better on the deck than most folk would probably give him credit for too.

This is my concern. Can we get him back to the way he was playing at Falkirk? How many times have we seen good footballers suffer bad injuries and never fully recover? It'd be a gamble, but, like you say, if we can get him fully fit and playing the way he was, surely he will have fun in this league?

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Don't forget, Moff runs about really well. 

And holds the ball up really well. Does nothing with it, but holds it up really well. 

3 minutes ago, steely59 said:

Looks like you are going bust again if you sign him . Good luck but he is not as good as McManus COYR

Remember that time when we went bust? Nah, me neither, unlike a certain team from Glasgow claiming to have won 54 trophies in 4 years. 

16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Why not give Farid a shot on Sat as a trialist?

Other than him being ineligible, it's a cracking idea.

AJ was pretty cutting in pre-match comments. He's usually relentlessly positive, so saying we're conceding too many goals means he's raging at the defence. Also enjoyed him saying Farid has mobility, which is good as we don't have that at the moment. Poor Moff. 

He did say Hutton has "done well" which is one of the biggest lies I've ever read.

AJ's comments about losing goals makes me think Williamson or Martin (or both) could drop out, Talbot back in. Am I right in thinking Fordyce and Ashcroft can also play at full back?

Edited by JF-DAFC

24 minutes ago, JF-DAFC said:

AJ's comments about losing goals makes me think Williamson or Martin (or both) could drop out, Talbot back in. Am I right in thinking Fordyce and Ashcroft can also play at full back?

He spoke after the Rovers game about how good Williamson was so would be surprising to say the least to see him drop out. Talbot in for Martin seems like a sensible swap though.

I'd also give Ashcroft and Fordyce a try together. Not saying Ben is done but we're conceding far too many and need to try something else at the back.

Got to drop Rhys McCabe as well, he's shite. Problem is Wedderburn is constantly breaking a nail or some shit meaning he's no fit. The release of Falkingham has been a terrible decision by AJ.
Moffat has to start with Reilly as nobody else really to come in. Some folk seem to have forgotten how bad Hopkirk is.
I'd start wi Fordyce tomorrow, BRE was rotten last week so would replace him.
Quite like Martin as full back but would bring in Talbot as gives a better balance by being left footed.