Walking Down The Halbeath Road

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Our squad is a mess, dropping Williamson or mccabe geggan whatever we're in deep shit. We do have a half decent eleven but with the injuries and bad management we might never see it.

AJ is out his depth.

lol who is injured that would have made a difference yesterday? Cardle or Clark weren't changing that from a defeat.

Credit to McCall, he'll be on very limited resources compared to the vast majority of teams in the league but he looks to be making the most of it.

33 minutes ago, smpar said:

Credit to McCall, he'll be on very limited resources compared to the vast majority of teams in the league but he looks to be making the most of it.

I'm definitely surprised by how poor your side has been; I will however leave any possible gloating until the end of the season. Things can turn around pretty quickly in this league and we have a run of games (Morton away, Hibs home, Raith away, Falkirk home, Dunfermline away, Dundee United home) which is pretty tough. You look at those fixtures and think you could easily struggle to win any! 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

lol who is injured that would have made a difference yesterday? Cardle or Clark weren't changing that from a defeat.

I thought we were physically dominated by a bigger hibs side who were conning the ref into winning soft fouls.

We were naive and we were dropping too deep. I thought we needed an out ball and some possession. Seeing as Higginbotham likes to hold onto the ball we could've move him forward and taken off Reilly. If we had Herron instead of Geggan we could've shut down McGynn more maybe?

Too many ifs and buts though.

23 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Higgy is an absolute charlatan. I wish he was close to as good as he thinks he is. Paton also had a disaster.

Shock that dropping Williamson didn't fix everything.

I don't think we'll see Higgy perform unless we start playing him in hist strongest position tbh.

If we do play him there and he's shite there as well than fair fucks.

6 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I thought we were physically dominated by a bigger hibs side who were conning the ref into winning soft fouls.

We were naive and we were dropping too deep. I thought we needed an out ball and some possession. Seeing as Higginbotham likes to hold onto the ball we could've move him forward and taken off Reilly. If we had Herron instead of Geggan we could've shut down McGynn more maybe?

Too many ifs and buts though.

Upon what are you basing Herron being a better defensive minded midfielder than Geggan?

It's a very Potter-esque team and squad just now. Just like in his time in charge we signed a lot of players without any real plan of where to play them, chop and change all the time yet don't seem to try and go back to basics, being organised and hard to beat. 

Still, we could get El Bak back on loan in January and mount a late title charge.  

When's the tipping point for AJ?

Dunfermline should be doing better than this. It's first season back at this level for a few years, granted, but also there will become a point (on current form) when it will become a real relegation fight

Relegation would be a disaster. Question is, how long do you give him?

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Dunfermline should be doing better than this. It's first season back at this level for a few years, granted, but also there will become a point (on current form) when it will become a real relegation fight

He will get to the point where we are right at the precipice. I can't see anything happening before March. 

The squad balance is terrible, how we ended up without a very experienced 30 year old defender who can lead and organise people around him I will never know. 

31 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I don't know if there is a definite 'tipping point' for AJ, but he is under a bit of pressure. Everyone recognises that we should be doing a lot better than we are given our (suspected) budget and with our squad which, on paper, is better than we've shown. This week's game at Dumbarton is a big one, however, and the fans will lose patience. If we win then things could look a bit more promising and the pressure will ease on him. 

As said above, it might be the case that we just aren't in a position to be sacking and hiring management staff. 

Edited by smpar

Depends who you ask I suppose, ny tipping point was against Morton when I lost all hope he had it.

As a club we run to a tight budget and I'm guessing we aren't in the position to be paying a two year contract off.

Worked for us with Stephen Kenny who has a better record in this division than AJ currently does.

Edited to add:- Again though it matters not unless we have the money to pay him off, which I'm guessing we won't.

How much will a manager be on at this level? 30-50k? Somewhere in between?

I can't see him resigning unless we're absolutely goosed. It would be bizarre for him to walk away before Christmas without any sign of a fight.