Walking Down The Halbeath Road

• 2 weeks later...

At least Fordyce looked back to his old self last week. The position is now his to lose...with undoubtedly another howler against Ayr.

It'll be interesting what sort of line-up AJ puts out tomorrow. With fringe players like Hopkirk and BRE injured, we don't have too many options. I reckon he'll go:

Hutton

Martin
Fordyce
Ashcroft
Talbot

Paton
Geggan
McCabe
McMullan

Moffat
Clark

Think it's important to keep the same back four as last week - if they can avoid injuries and get settled, it can only be a good thing!

Hopefully guys like Spark, Duthie, Smith can get a run out from the bench as well depending on how the game goes. The way we've been with injuries so far this year, I think we'll have to rely on at least a couple of them at some point so the more experience we can give them the better.

Despite the conscious effort to avoid all patronising, AJ still knows this genuinely will be a tough test. It's a big cliche, and an overused one at that, but we do need an early(ish) goal. The pressure is all on us if we get close to half time and it's still goalless, or worse.

I really do think it will be tight, and I'd go with our two best strikers in Clark and El Alagui to start.

Anybody else want to add to my list of cliches there?

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Despite the conscious effort to avoid all patronising, AJ still knows this genuinely will be a tough test. It's a big cliche, and an overused one at that, but we do need an early(ish) goal. The pressure is all on us if we get close to half time and it's still goalless, or worse.

I really do think it will be tight, and I'd go with our two best strikers in Clark and El Alagui to start.

Anybody else want to add to my list of cliches there?

With all due respect (we don't respect them) to these sheep shaggers, The Moff has a few quid on himself as first scorer (cliched Moff joke) and this is the sort of team he likes to score against (many a true word spoken in jest). With the quality we've got we have to be confident (I know fek all about tactics but I signed a load of forwards that should see us squeak through against part timers). We've had them watched (I stopped wanking to Babestation for a few minutes to flick over to Sportscene when Buckie were on) and we know they are dangerous (they are part time pish but if that boy who scores all the goals scores against us I will try and sign him in January). It's a hard place to go (I hope the bus driver knows where he's going as I don't have a clue where it is).