Walking Down The Halbeath Road

AJ hoping to get Herron and McMullan tied down until the end of the season, great news.

Our record with and without Herron in the league is pretty startling.

without Herron we've got P:10 W:1 D:2 L:7 Pts:5

With Herron we've got P:10 W:5 D:4 L:1 Pts:19

I'm not saying we're a one man team, but if Herron doesn't play we've not got a midfield.

AJ hoping to get Herron and McMullan tied down until the end of the season, great news.
Our record with and without Herron in the league is pretty startling.
without Herron we've got P:10 W:1 D:2 L:7 Pts:5
With Herron we've got P:10 W:5 D:4 L:1 Pts:19

I'm not saying we're a one man team, but if Herron doesn't play we've not got a midfield.

Can you do that analysis with the other players. I think there may be others that are just as interesting.

1 minute ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Can you do that analysis with the other players. I think there may be others that are just as interesting.

David Hutton's would be a good laugh, though slightly unfair as we have generally improved throughout the squad since around the time Murdoch came back.

I would expect I can't be arsed sadly, I'm sure another poster will step upto the mark though.

Our record in games McMullan has started would also be good I'd imagine.

I think what we're seeing now is what AJ envisaged. Big Nat being a big replacement for wee Falky. Nicky Clark being the new El Bak and Higgy and Herron adding an extra layer of quality. 

Being able to add Martin or Morris to the defence if required is good strength in depth. Wouldn't mind losing/loaning/not re-signing any of Reilly, Hoppy, Farid or Spence if we could bring in another forward and another midfielder. 

Farid is good back-up if Moffat and Clark aren't available, and we know Reilly has the potential. It's just a question of what we're paying these guys and if we could get better value for money elsewhere. Can't see any use for Spence and unfortunately for Hopkirk either. However those two players, I'd imagine, will be on 2 of the lowest wages in the squad.

10 hours ago, smpar said:

we know Reilly has the potential.

We do?!

9 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Saw a few things that Celtic want to put Çiftçi out on loan if we could would you ditch Reily for him if the wage contribution was the same?

I'm going to take a wild swing here and say that Nadir Çiftçi is getting paid a bit more than we could afford.

Looking at the squad now, I reckon the main business needed for AJ now is to keep Herron until the end of the season. Losing him would be a big blow.

Is McMullan already signed to the end of the season? If not, AJ needs to get him signed up as well.

The only other business will be if players leave. I'd keep Farid as back-up, but it all depends on his wages and whether AJ has identified someone else who could take his place. I wouldn't lose sleep if he left, but we would need a replacement in.

I'd be surprised if Spence and Hopkirk are still here at the end of the month - reckon they both could leave permanently, or at least out on loan. Also think Williamson will go out on loan - with a recall clause should we pick up a few injuries/suspensions. I really like Williamson but he's struggled this year and needs regular game time, and he's now third/fourth choice.

Reilly is the only other who could move on - would be no great loss, but it depends on the terms of the loan and whether Cathro actually wants him back!

Overall, if we end the month with the current squad still here, I'd be delighted.