Walking Down The Halbeath Road

17 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Agreed, I do realise this. In an ideal situation.

AJ was a bit naive in thinking that four or five players were up to championship standard. BRE, Williamson, Hopkirk, Spence and Hutton should not have been signed on. McCabe and Moffat have came up to a decent standard recently but initially struggled.

Fair play to him for turning it around though and the signings of Herron and McMullan saved the day.

I'd missed your Williamson bashing. You must be feeling in need of attention so hope this reply helps <3

Brechin haven't done as well without Spence I think, however he's not good enough for us. I think Brechin is the best place for him.

I'd see about getting Hopkirk out on loan purely to get a run of games. I'd definitely have a recall clause in there as he has bags of potential, it's just a shame he's made of chocolate.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/spfl/scottish-championship/mark-burchill-on-dunfermline-strikers-signings-promotion-hopes.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=sports&utm_campaign=news_football_What%20we%E2%80%99re%20seeing%20now%20is%20the%20real%20Dunfermline_MM

Nice to see Mark Burchill say so many good things about the club. I'm interested, however, as to how he thinks EEP was "almost full every week" when he played for us. Wouldn't we have been getting an average of 4,000 with the exception of games against the ugly sisters (roughly 9,000) and Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen who'd normally bring it up to somewhere between 5 and 7 thousand?

14 minutes ago, smpar said:

http://news.ladbrokes.com/spfl/scottish-championship/mark-burchill-on-dunfermline-strikers-signings-promotion-hopes.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=sports&utm_campaign=news_football_What%20we%E2%80%99re%20seeing%20now%20is%20the%20real%20Dunfermline_MM

Nice to see Mark Burchill say so many good things about the club. I'm interested, however, as to how he thinks EEP was "almost full every week" when he played for us. Wouldn't we have been getting an average of 4,000 with the exception of games against the ugly sisters (roughly 9,000) and Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen who'd normally bring it up to somewhere between 5 and 7 thousand?

Definitely a bit of rose-tinted glasses in terms of the crowds. Agree with him that we have to go for it from the start tomorrow - with young players and new faces it would be big test of character for St Mirren if they go behind. 

Burchill was a superb striker in a not very good team. Him and Allan McGregor (on loan) were the main reason we stayed up one year. 

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Correct. In fact he was also with us in the First Division when crowds were even lower, so he's talking even more shit.

Correct. In fact he was also with us in the First Division when crowds were even lower, so he's talking even more shit.

I thought that too, just couldn't be arsed googling.

Signing news at 5pm..

1 minute ago, smpar said:

I thought that too, just couldn't be arsed googling.

Signing news at 5pm..

He scored our first league goal of the season, an equalizer at New Douglas Park. I missed it though, along with loads of other Pars fans, as there were huge queues to get in. I did not miss the winning goal sadly.

He was also involved the amusing 'Zippygate' saga where he did the zipping motion with his mouth after he scored at Firhill to some of our fans, who, like the precious little hypocritical arseholes they are, went mental about.