Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 2016-8-21 at 23:30, steely59 said:

Very quiet from the so called big team. Could it be possible that they got well beaten by a far superior "wee" team who weren't even close to being at their best COYR and roll on November for the second part of the humiliation of our most loved rivals lol ha ha hee hee

1450506278304.jpg

On 2016-8-22 at 16:29, steely59 said:

Said before season started Townies would struggle as league is far harder than it was when they were last there. As usual they brag when there is nothing to brag about. Below average championship team at best COYR

1450506278304.jpg

On 2016-8-22 at 17:17, Poet of the Macabre said:

Most Pars expected to be a mid-table side. From what I've seen so far, that's exactly what we'll be. I don't remember any Pars fans bragging about our current side at all. Although I suspect that was the 'wee' chip on your shoulder talking.

Shock that I was 100% correct.

On 2016-8-22 at 18:14, Grant228 said:

We'll still finish above Raith tbh.

Tip of the hat to you as well, sir.

What a season. Cowden going to make it three-in-a-row as well. Glorious.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

Finishing 5th and coming quite close to a play-off place would be a good first season back, especially after our horrific start.

Confident going into next season. Add a few quality players, retain our core squad and we should be challenging at the top of the league. Will be interesting to see what happens in the play-offs. If Falkirk stay down it could be between ourselves and them for the title. And I'll tell you something: I would LOVE it if we beat them. LOVE IT. I jest, of course. There will be a few challengers next season, one would suspect. Not looking forward to Livingston or ICT though. Ugh. 

On the face of it it looks like we did come reasonably close to the play off spots but I suspect if Morton hadn't built up such a comfortable cushion they may not have downed tools quite so early. 

Overall fairly happy with how the season has panned out. A couple of derby victories and relatively comfortable mid table finish. Certainly would've taken that at the start of the season. 

Replacing Hibs with Inverness is unacceptable. Livingston instead of Ayr is also a shocker. All we need now is Hamilton instead of Falkirk and Airdrie for Rovers to make a truly appalling division.

Someone made a list of the possible stadiums we might have for next season and it made me want to take a year out of football.

Looks like the head greenkeeper at Carnoustie is playing a part in getting the pitch at EEP ready for next season.

We haven't even started the off-season yet and I'm already bored out my tits.

A bit of confusion over Ashcroft's contract; 2018 or 2019 as some people thought he had signed a 2 year deal last summer. I can confirm it is 2018 that Lee has signed upto. Last summer he signed a 2 hear deal - a 1 year deal with an extension clause until 2018. Today's announcement is confirmation that the extension clause has been triggered.