Walking Down The Halbeath Road

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hoping El Bak plays tonight. He enjoys a goal or few at Brechin

If there's one man who loves a goal against Brechin more than Nicky Clark it's El Bak. Looking forward to seeing that big smile of his again when he scores. 

Think Faiss will be on the bench tonight. Save his first start for Saturday.

Wonder when we’ll take Williamson and Higgy out the team, to get their replacements used to the roles they’ll need to play at Tannadice? For that game, I’d expect Martin to play on the right and Faiss up top with Hippolyte, L Longridge dropping back to play off the front 2.

57 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I hope we see a front pairing more representative of what will start the season. I doubt we'll play Hippolyte and Longridge upfront at the same time very much this season.

Hopefully Vincent, Beadling, Faissal can get some much needed game time.

Think Beadling is still injured so won't feature.

53 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Think Faiss will be on the bench tonight. Save his first start for Saturday.

Wonder when we’ll take Williamson and Higgy out the team, to get their replacements used to the roles they’ll need to play at Tannadice? For that game, I’d expect Martin to play on the right and Faiss up top with Hippolyte, L Longridge dropping back to play off the front 2.

Wait, what?! Are they suspended for that game?

Wait, what?! Are they suspended for that game?

That doesn’t usually stop us tbh, but aye they are.

Bit shite for Williamson, he played every minute of the league last season and he’ll miss the first of this one :lol:

Whilst Higgy is more or less a key player for us, his role can be filled by a few others throughout the squad. Williamson, on the other hand, is a much harder player to replace. Can see us using 4 at the back for the United game, Lewis Martin really isn’t a wingback.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

That doesn’t usually stop us tbh, but aye they are.

Bit shite for Williamson, he played every minute of the league last season and he’ll miss the first of this one :lol:

Whilst Higgy is more or less a key player for us, his role can be filled by a few others throughout the squad. Williamson, on the other hand, is a much harder player to replace. Can see us using 4 at the back for the United game, Lewis Martin really isn’t a wingback.

That's a shitter. How did Williamson get suspended? He's one of the least offensive/aggressive players I've seen!

Williamson is probably the nicest player to have played with the Pars.

Good to see him exibit some level of controlled aggression on the field though. 

He's certainly not so easily dispossessed now and his tackling has improved somewhat. 

1 Lee Robinson

2 Ryan Williamson

3 Jackson Longridge

4 Danny Devine

5 Mark Durnan

6 Lee Ashcroft (c)

7 Kallum Higginbotham

8 James Craigen

9 Faissal El Bakhtaoui

10 Louis Longridge

11 Myles Hippolyte

Tis a most fantastic array of natural skill and cunning guile on display at the Hedge tonight.

3 minutes ago, Potted hOuGh said:

1 Lee Robinson

2 Ryan Williamson

3 Jackson Longridge

4 Danny Devine

5 Mark Durnan

6 Lee Ashcroft (c)

7 Kallum Higginbotham

8 James Craigen

9 Faissal El Bakhtaoui

10 Louis Longridge

11 Myles Hippolyte

Tis a most fantastic array of natural skill and cunning guile on display at the Hedge tonight.

Those two would give me the fear as a pairing though.