Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Its Brechin they didn't win a game last season 
 Bo.ness Kelty Hearts and Crossgate got more points than them 
My wife has more points on her driving licence than they had last season 

Nah, it’s Brechin who, until tonight, were unbeaten this season and were 2nd in the group.

It has to be said that AJ is capable of putting together attractive attacking sides who play watchable football. Last season he got lots from a squad that ultimately was just a bit light in terms of numbers in the centre of the park. I really think this season he's possibly cracked it and if Beadling comes back soon along with Murdoch we are going to have a very talented and deep pool of players to chose from.

It also looks like we will have to very decent attacking full backs and he is developing a different formation other than the bog standard 4-4-2. Ross County, Partick and United look strong on paper but I reckon we will make at least the playoffs.

I haven't been yet this season and can't wait to get along on Saturday. Hopefully we will get a wee run in the cup for a change.

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

It also looks like we will have to very decent attacking full backs and he is developing a different formation other than the bog standard 4-4-2. Ross County, Partick and United look strong on paper but I reckon we will make at least the playoffs.

He's recruited really well in the end. Clearly had a plan of how he wanted to team to play and Jackson Longridge replacing Talbot fairly early in the summer was a signal that this team will be playing differently from last season.

Possibly felt he was limited in options by the playing squad during our bad spell last season. I've never been one to turn on the manager like some did last season but my one criticism was how he often seemed reluctant to changes things when it wasn't going well. Looked a little bit like he just picked an 11 and hoped. He's got options now to go to different systems throughout the 90.

I'm genuinely excited about the coming season, win or lose, we are going to be exciting to watch.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

Bit frustrated with AJ at times last year. Thought he'd left us a bit short up front and had an abundance of samey players. He could muck about with the starting 11 without it really having much impact. A couple of good winter signings and starting to play Aird really helped (as did Nicky Clark starting to score after a barren spell). 

Look to have much more variety this year and a change in the coaching staff freshen things up. There's a variety of lineups and formations and none of them are crying out for any of the players who departed. He was absolutely gushing about El Bak last night too. Managers usually try and not single out individuals too much but he couldn't contain his joy at having bagged the wee guy and the impact he makes. He raises the bar for those around him.