Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I think Enigma raises a good point. Until Macnamara's role is properly defined to us, it is left open to insinuation.

Consultant to the board, not consultant to the first team manager.

Whilst the role itself is indeed open and not clearly defined, I'm confident in ruling out 'undermining the manager and making signings he will personally profit from'.

I'm even confident in ruling out 'having a say in signings'.

15 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I think Enigma raises a good point. Until Macnamara's role is properly defined to us, it is left open to insinuation.

Best to ask at the supporters council meeting, should be one in the next few weeks.

Andy Ryan would be a useful squad player. I'm just hoping we can get something out of him for the investment that was put in.

Excited yet nervous for the rebuild. As part of that rebuild I'd obviously like a new manager but I think it's clear we're stuck with Crawford until he relegates us.

Consultant to the board, not consultant to the first team manager.
Whilst the role itself is indeed open and not clearly defined, I'm confident in ruling out 'undermining the manager and making signings he will personally profit from'.
I'm even confident in ruling out 'having a say in signings'.

Think recruitment/scouting was one of the main reasons McNamara was brought in so wouldn’t say he’d have zero say in things.

As for the Andy Ryan stuff, he’s only acceptable as a squad player if the budget is being cut again.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Think recruitment/scouting was one of the main reasons McNamara was brought in so wouldn’t say he’d have zero say in things.

As for the Andy Ryan stuff, he’s only acceptable as a squad player if the budget is being cut again.

From what I understood McNamara is there to advise the board when they ask for it. I suppose he can make recommendations to Crawford and Shields, but it will be Crawford who has the final say.

Not sure who is doing the scouting.

Edited by DA Baracus

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

From what I understood McNamara is there to advise the board when they ask for it. I suppose he can make recommendations to Crawford and Shields, but it will be Crawford who has the final say.

Not sure who is doing the scouting.

Not sure who's doing the scouting either. 

My mate was saying to me that we'd been scouting players for a while with regards to next season and had already made movements, in that regards it seemed better than AJ who left it quite late,and due to his way of acquiring players a bit different. AJ would only really want to sign a player he had seen play multiple times, really only trusted his own judgement. Before this season that was a pretty solid way tbf. 

He also said we'd been looking at players from outwith Scotland, at that point I got all sweaty and started envisioning a Falkirk scenario. I got reassured that Falkirk had been signing players they'd never even watched and that wasn't the case with us. So someone must be scouting somewhere, hopefully. 

Didn't get told any names or anything close to being that specific. I've also got no idea what role McNamara has but I'll genuinely be shocked if he isn't involved in the scouting side of things. 

Stevie was on the same train as me coming back from Edinburgh last year. This was before he got the job, but he said he had been down in Scarborough( I know they  went bust, but must be another team close by) looking at a player.  Apparrently the player had decided to move else where by the time he got down there.

Does appear that we have been exploring that market though. 

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

Andy Ryan would be a useful squad player. I'm just hoping we can get something out of him for the investment that was put in.

Excited yet nervous for the rebuild. As part of that rebuild I'd obviously like a new manager but I think it's clear we're stuck with Crawford until he relegates us.

Stuck with him until he gets the sack Oct/Nov [ If he f*cks up ]

Stevie was on the same train as me coming back from Edinburgh last year. This was before he got the job, but he said he had been down in Scarborough( I know they  went bust, but must be another team close by) looking at a player.  Apparrently the player had decided to move else where by the time he got down there.
Does appear that we have been exploring that market though. 
Crawford went to Scarborough fair.
Can he f**k up our team one more time?
Remember when he scored against bear
For once he was a true love of mine.

16 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:
Crawford went to Scarborough fair.
Can he f**k up our team one more time?
Remember when he scored against bear
For once he was a true love of mine.

Why are you doing this?

Why are YOU doing THIS?

6 hours ago, DaveDAFC90 said:

No surprises there. Could be an exciting pre-season with a load of new players due to arrive. Crucial we get this right though.

Not had a clear out like this since our last pre-season in League 1

I’ve seen this play out before...