Walking Down The Halbeath Road

23 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Is there a release date for the new kits?

Might be an issue with them being manufactured so maybe unable to give a date at the moment.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Iv got a few friends who are pars fans and they said the same. We're all one when it comes to playing the of.

Eta: the night we beat them in the final I was in occonels with the team and when everyone started singing "the raith are having a party" Joe looked shocked when we sung "the **** are in their bed" good guy though even with his townie leanings. I think he still stays in dunfermline aswell.

The challenge Cup means nothing to me so I found it terribly hilarious. 

Aye he still stays in Dunfermline. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
3 hours ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:
Is there a release date for the new kits?

As soon as Cardle's contract is penned and they can get him pictured in them.

If it falls through, don't despair, I have heard Mark Burchill and Jim Hamilton are available.

To be serious, I can't see the club making any signings just now.

In fact I would be absolutely against them making any signings just now. The squad should be pared back to only players under contract and those out of contract next month should not renewed.

We don't know when the league will start again and in what format. If it's, for example, October and in empty stadiums until January*, then the club should only be making signings in September time and should be keeping costs as low as possible.

We might not even have a 20/21 season, so any signings would be absolutely crazy when the club will be struggling to survive.

*Obviously I have no idea if/when football will begin next season and if/how long it will be played in empty stadiums.

Edited by DA Baracus

Wee Joe played when we punted Partick out of the cup in February, and it saddened many of us to see a former Raith player so far off the game. All this talk of signings, including the funster who had Regan Hendry in his midfield line up....I'd hate to see you spend foolishly again, particularly when we have no idea what football is gonna look like or when it's gonna come back.

No, hang on. Spend! Spend! Spend!Screenshot_20200510-211015_Chrome.jpeg

Doesn't mean much to anyone unless you play in and then win the final. By the end of the hangover the next day we all move on and pretend it didn't happen. We at least got to beat sevco in a packed Easter road and had a good day out in the process though.

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Wee Joe played when we punted Partick out of the cup in February, and it saddened many of us to see a former Raith player so far off the game. All this talk of signings, including the funster who had Regan Hendry in his midfield line up....I'd hate to see you spend foolishly again, particularly when we have no idea what football is gonna look like or when it's gonna come back.

No, hang on. Spend! Spend! Spend!Screenshot_20200510-211015_Chrome.jpeg

One person says he likes Hendry as a player.

Some fans say they'd love to see Cardle back at East End.

That's the extent of signing 'talks' yet you somehow have from that that the club will spend massively and well beyond its means.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Doesn't mean much to anyone unless you play in and then win the final. By the end of the hangover the next day we all move on and pretend it didn't happen. We at least got to beat sevco in a packed Easter road and had a good day out in the process though.

I like the Challenge Cup and wish we would win. 

Loved your team's defeat of Sevco. Was brilliant to watch, especially since the pub we were in had an increasingly fuming Sevco fan who ran out the door at full time.

That's the extent of signing 'talks' yet you somehow have from that that the club will spend massively and well beyond its means.
These two plus yet another former Raith player, Paul Watson. But apart from these 3, aye you're right.

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

These two plus yet another former Raith player, Paul Watson. But apart from these 3, aye you're right.

What relevance does that have to anyone overspending? 

Right enough I'm sure if you go on the Raith page there will be talk or summer movements, whether that's releasing players or bringing in more what's the difference? 

And if we want Hendry, we'll take him, you can't stand in the boys way. 

12 minutes ago, grumswall said:
3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

We got to the final before but it just means absolutely nothing to me. The circumstances you won them in were as good as they could get I reckon. Would've been a great day out. 

Was firmly behind Raith winning, would've been funnier if it was on penalties but you can't have it all. 

I'd rather get an away day in England, Wales or over in Ireland than win the Cup tbh, I reckon you'd have better memories as a fan which is as much as the challenge Cup can give to me. 

I like the Challenge Cup and wish we would win. 
Loved your team's defeat of Sevco. Was brilliant to watch, especially since the pub we were in had an increasingly fuming Sevco fan who ran out the door at full time.

You should have seen the fuming sevco fans run out the stadium when bairdy scored...
I'm not a big fan of the "foreign" teams being in it, but we've not had an away day with them yet. Its a money pit for most clubs unless you do get to the final aswell so, aye it was nice to win it and I would have been at the final this season, but it's not one I'm overly fussed about.

A tongue in cheek post about Hendry and suddenly I’m suggesting the club spend big on this guy. I’ve never even seen him play!

Oh, and we didn’t have to spend that big to sign your two best players last season ya tit.