Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Is he? Wasn’t playing for them in the Cup tie last night.

Is there not two sides from Bo'ness? Our guy plays for the shite one. 

I'm absolutely overreacting but I'm genuinely really annoyed at that signing, we bleed the fans dry with regards to bringing in fund, you have the centenary lifeline, ticket prices have went up, season tickets are amongst the most expensive in the division, and there's even an option to donate more when you buy a ticket. 

Then we absolutely pish money up the wall on appointing shite managers like Peter fucking Grant, who then runs a squad with 7 first team centre backs? What in the f**k is going on min. Your man Thomas Meggle apparently watched the Rovers game with Grant last week, I refuse to believe this wasn't brought up, and despite that Meggle has sanctioned it? It's going to be more of the same shambles under the new owners, brilliant. 

Shower of c***s. 

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

It’s gone totally under the radar but that wee begging bowl asking for extra money when you buy a ticket is just a terrible look.

As if you haven’t already been mugged of £20 to watch absolute pish.

And then spend about 200 bangers on young 'uns in the shop on shite like Sammy the Tammy bears, scarves, shirts etc. Well I just WONDER how a good chunk of our fans have pretty much found something else to do on a Saturday.

It’s gone totally under the radar but that wee begging bowl asking for extra money when you buy a ticket is just a terrible look.

Wait, we have a ‘donate’ button when you buy match tickets? Surely not? I knew they had it for season tickets, which was bad enough, but that would just be ridiculous.

This board constantly beg for donations and plead poverty, bleeding the fans dry and expect us to just accept mediocrity and act as if there’s nothing wrong with their (mis)management of the club. No issue with the lifeline, but we should really be capable of operating within our means by now, without constantly asking for donations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Wait, we have a ‘donate’ button when you buy match tickets? Surely not? I knew they had it for season tickets, which was bad enough, but that would just be ridiculous.

This board constantly beg for donations and plead poverty, bleeding the fans dry and expect us to just accept mediocrity and act as if there’s nothing wrong with their (mis)management of the club. No issue with the lifeline, but we should really be capable of operating within our means by now, without constantly asking for donations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52CC1D29-BE1E-4D54-91F8-A5058B18859A.jpeg

The wording of that is tinpot as f**k.

What the f**k is going on at the club just now? Even when we had poor spells under AJ and Crawford, at least the club felt somewhat unified, well run, social media engagement was good and fans were still turning up in good voice. None of that really exists for us at the moment. The club, from top to bottom, all just feels a bit disjointed and stale. The longer this all goes on, i.e. Grant’s employment, the harder it’ll be to repair.

3 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Heard it from an ex player, is a shame considering he was our longest serving player. Nice of the club not to even bother announcing it either.

I'm sure the club will bother to announcing something when there is something to announce. Doing anything before then would be an entirely pointless excerise.

47 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Supporters asked for a means to donate to the managers funds the club would be insane to turn down donations during a period of suppressed match day income albeit that is over now.

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

I'm sure the club will bother to announcing something when there is something to announce. Doing anything before then would be an entirely pointless excerise.

It's very odd we've given an injury update on Wilson and McCann but not Martin. 

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Which supporters? When?

Numerous supporters have since the pars family came together in March 2019 to set up the "Support the Pars" Campaign.

51 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It's very odd we've given an injury update on Wilson and McCann but not Martin. 

I agree but perhaps there is nothing to report.

Taken on its own, a draw at Starks isn't a terrible result. However, when taken in the context of our season, as it should be, it's a poor result. Are we going to keep 'building' on draws and draw our way to the title* or a playoff place? Is this another 'encouraging' performance, despite yet again not winning?

Only some poor finishing by Rovers in the first half kept us in the game for the second. They should have been at least two or three up by the end of the first 45. They passed it around and through us with ease, always having a man available and always having space to exploit. Comrie got absolutely roasted first half. It's almost as if a manager did some scouting on an opposing team, recognised a weakness and exploited it, rather than arrogantly not apparently bothering to find out about the opposition and just assume all will be well. Rovers clearly targeted attacking down our right, and got their reward with the goal. Comrie got far too easily turned/beaten for that too and struggled all half against Zanatta and Dick. Rovers also got a lot of success putting in crosses from our left. It might be that they again recognised that they would get the opportunities to do this (rather than the cutting in of Zanatta and the low driven crosses from the right). The unmarked header should have been a goal. We've been done with that far too often this season and it's crazy that it hasn't been sorted. 

We had almost nothing going forward and struggled to put passes together. Think we had maybe 2 attempts at goal, neither of which produced a save from Macdonald.

Second half we were much improved and got the equaliser. I was very disappointed to see us sit back immediately after that though, rather than press for a winner. What 'encouraging' signs were there to take from that? Terrible management.

Dow looks still not up to pace, so he has to not be playing Thomas out of spite. I struggle to think of another reason. Only having three wide players could be an issue in general. Macdonald could possibly play wide, but I doubt we'll see him again under Grant unless circumstances (injuries and suspensions) force him. Kennedy can f**k off with that shitebag diving. No heart, and I fear a lack of final product in general, although his cross for the goal was great. 

Connolly had an alright game tonight. He had a part in their goal however, as well as the glaring chances they had in the first half. His signing though still baffles me. I still think it's a really poor one. I've seen people fall over themselves to defend Grant by reasoning that he is an improvement on what we already have. He might be, but why then was Grant allowed to sign a load of other centre backs if they weren't good enough? Why was he allowed to sign a load of players not up to standard? What sort of message does this send to a younger player like Jones? The message here is that he WON'T get a chance. Instead, Grant will just bring in someone he thinks is better. The message is that younger players won't get a chance to play and develop. Jones is only on a 1 year contract. If he isn't getting the chance now, when will he get one? Might younger players think twice about signing for us if they think they won't get an opportunity? Going back to Macdonald, he can play wide, but even with an unfit Dow and out of favour Thomas he won't get a look in. 

Is he making signings for the short term to save his job, rather than to build a team longer term? Is part of his remit not to try and help bring through younger players? If not, why not? 

Anyway, get Grant so far to f**k. Fire him immediately. Four goals and four points from seven matches, with zero wins, is abysmal. He showed, yet again, that he is awful when the team shat it after equalising and did not go for the winner. He was the dog who caught the car.

As I said, are we to expect a load of cautious draw now, and be expected to buy that it is 'encouraging' and 'something to build on'? Nah, bin this jester.

Incidentally, I got a good chuckle out of the two commentators and the presenter and pundit all wondering why our league record is so bad, yet not one of them even hinted at the correct answer, with Loy even saying that Grant is "a very good coach".

*Title has long gone. Best we can maybe hope for is a playoff place, but Grant needs to be punted for any chance of that.

Edited by DA Baracus

Listened to the slaving shite's interview there.

Strangely calls Craig Wighton,  WIGton. Does he not hear other people pronounce it properly?

He mentions not being able to give players a bag of confidence again. How about the old fashioned way of setting your team out properly and getting some victories. With the players and budget he was given, it shouldn't be too much of problem in this league.  His daft bag of confidence shite is him hiding from responsibility for 0 wins in 7. 

Sounds like Paul Watson won't be seen again. He initially makes it sound like Paul was injured and then the guy interviewing him doesn't let it go. He then states he won't be available at the moment and can't talk about it., in a way that didn't sound injury related. Connolly is a replacement for Watson IMO. Watson has seen right through the cunto from the start.

Thought the team set-up was totally shambolic first half last night. Not sure why he insists on playing Dow at the moment. Dow is way off the pace and he then put him in central midfield when Pybus was doing OK.  

He is keeping this team back big time. The players are giving the effort to be fair but the shite manager is the reason we can't win games. McGlynn was finding flaws everywhere. Even after our goal we completely fell out the game. I know Dorrans got injured but our lack of credible central midfield options is obvious. Why has he done nothing to address this.

He came over to applaud the fans last night and was basically told to f**k off by a number of folk. There really is no point in keeping this going. The board are hiding away from the situation and it doesn't reflect well on them. 

Edited by Chubbychops

Comrie got absolutely roasted first half.

Kennedy can f**k off with that shitebag diving. No heart, and I fear a lack of final product in general, although his cross for the goal was great. 

why then was Grant allowed to sign a load of other centre backs if they weren't good enough?

Anyway, get Grant so far to f**k. Fire him immediately.

Comrie struggled so badly because Dow wouldn’t track his full back, leaving Comrie having to pick up both the winger and the full back. Kennedy was just as bad on the other side, but they didn’t have quite as much success with that. Isn’t that pretty much the exact reason Grant has publicly given for Thomas not being involved? I’m sure he had the same criticism of Wighton earlier in the season too. Funny how everyone else gets away with that lack of effort defensively. Clearly more to it.

Kennedy’s dive was pathetic. His whole performance was poor, contributed nothing. His cross for the disallowed goal was good. Edwards got the cross for the goal, which was a better ball than any of our wingers played into the box all night.

This was my thought, regarding the centre halves. Why did we sanction signing another centre half, so that Grant didn’t have to select any of the 3 he already signed? That’s just mental. Got 2 young CBs here as our players and he’s avoiding playing them. They will not progress here, if that’s the attitude we are encouraging and that will undo the last few years’ hard work in helping them progress and trying to encourage players to come here as a stepping stone.

I agree, he has to go. His management last night was terrible. Initial game plan was to play to Berra and Benedictus’ strengths. A quick look at who plays CB for them, would see anyone who understands football try and get guys with pace/mobility up against them.

10 hours ago, 101 said:

Okay, the constituent parts of the club with community interest and significant numbers of volunteers, but it's a bit more wordy way to describe it.

Or 'Pars supporters'.