Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Surely we can offload the following…

Connolly (end of loan), Kennedy (end of loan), Graham (end of loan), Cole, Breen, Jones, Pybus, Mehmet, MacDonald, and Todorov/Wighton/or O’Hara.

Get rid of the fucking lot and try and sign some players that are Championship standard, at least.

We must get Gaspuitis back in. He's better than Connolly. I wouldn't bother trying to keep Connolly tbh.

Todd and Allan in midfield are nowhere near good enough. Breen is absolute guff. McCann hasn't kicked on since his promising performance against Ayr.  We must change things for Wednesday.

I would go with O'Hara and Wighton as two strikers. Get Kennedy and Dow in wide positions and bypass the midfield. 

1 hour ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Rhys Breen is even worse than Ross Graham, I didn’t think that was possible.

Nah, too far. Although both have now scored an own goal in a 0-3 loss to Arbroath at East End!

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Surely we can offload the following…

Connolly (end of loan), Kennedy (end of loan), Graham (end of loan), Cole, Breen, Jones, Pybus, Mehmet, MacDonald, and Todorov/Wighton/or O’Hara.

Get rid of the fucking lot and try and sign some players that are Championship standard, at least.

How can we pay off the guys not on loan? Maybe some can be punted but the club must already be losing cash this season. They said season ticket sales aren't at target levels (their fault for appointing the worst manager in our history) and walk ups are pish too. In addition there have been games fucked by COVID, especially today where hospitality would have done good business. 

I imagine the club would have budgeted some cash for January though (surely that's standard practice?), so we'll see at least a couple.

f**k knows though. 

8 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Could you do an Ayr? Go for your third manager in o e season?

Absolutely no point in judging Hughes before he’s been able to make any changes to the squad.

Could still be a total failure but everyone deserves the chance to build something.

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah, too far. Although both have now scored an own goal in a 0-3 loss to Arbroath at East End!

How can we pay off the guys not on loan? Maybe some can be punted but the club must already be losing cash this season. They said season ticket sales aren't at target levels (their fault for appointing the worst manager in our history) and walk ups are pish too. In addition there have been games fucked by COVID, especially today where hospitality would have done good business. 

I imagine the club would have budgeted some cash for January though (surely that's standard practice?), so we'll see at least a couple.

f**k knows though. 

I know it’s unrealistic but I genuinely feel under private ownership the BOD should be funding the costs for their mismanagement,  if they are not going to do that why the f**k are they here?

Edited by parsforlife

11 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I know it’s unrealistic but I genuinely feel under private ownership the BOD should be funding the costs for their mismanagement,  if they are not going to do that why the f**k are they here?

That's not really realistic. A club could have a run of three or four good seasons for example, but then one bad season and fans would demand that the board spend their own, personal money. 

Can't agree. They're there to manage/oversee things, not be made to spend their personal cash. If you f**k up at work, are you expected to pay for it out of your own money?

Edited by DA Baracus

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's not really realistic. A club could have a run of three or four good seasons for example, but then one bad season and fans would demand that the board spend their own, personal money. 

I don't think that's the responsibility of a board. They're there to manage/oversee things, not be made to spend their personal cash. If you f**k up at work, are you expected to pay for it out of your own money?

I don’t own the company I work for.

If I was self employed tho and fucked up it would land on me to pay for the damages,  unless I had properly covered myself.

31 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I don’t own the company I work for.

If I was self employed tho and fucked up it would land on me to pay for the damages,  unless I had properly covered myself.

The board are not self employed either when it comes to the club. They'd all need to be minted to be paying their own money for multiple seasons where we didn't go up. They'd all have to chuck hundreds of thousands of their own cash in every single year except the rare one in ten year where we win promotion. Not feasible and frankly ridiculous to expect.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The board are not self employed either when it comes to the club. They'd all need to be minted to be paying their own money for multiple seasons where we didn't go up. They'd all have to chuck hundreds of thousands of their own cash in every single year except the rare one in ten year where we win promotion. Not feasible and frankly ridiculous to expect.

I‘m not asking for funding over failure to go up,  that’s not an unusual situation and promotion is not something we should financially planning for. 

It’s more about the 1 in a generation times where the Board make a series of monumental  f**k ups that significantly cost us more than expected income(for this year I’d say approx mid table championship) 

A couple of things to make clear, in a situation where we build up small profits and then take a gamble that doesn’t pay off(see the year Johnston got sacked) then I’d not be of the same opinion.

Secondly I’d feel different if it genuinely felt like(if not completely in a legal sense) that the BOD were individually those from the ‘pars family’ stepping up as custodians.  But that’s not the situation we’re in,  we’re privately run from a group of individuals who have no history with the club and come from absolutely nowhere to take charge.     That directly means they have a bigger responsibility and need to be under more scrutiny.

I don’t know any combination of players available that is anything other than complete dross. I’ll say it again, we need massive changes in January. It needs to be something like Jack Ross did with St Mirren in 2017. Something like 8 players out and 8 players in. Needs to be seriously drastic.

How we do that, I have no idea. Perhaps tell players to look for new clubs and they can be sold for a 0 transfer free just to free up wages? I imagine the loanees will have a January clause where they can be sent back to their clubs. That needs to be acted on for the 3 we have just now.

Fair enough! But as a neutral, I fear for you.

I would say we at least look like we have a plan of sorts compared to the Grant era, but it’s just the overwhelming majority of this squad are utter mince, complete relegation fodder, and needing punted.

I have no faith that Yogi can sign x amount of decent players and implement tactics to turn things around, however. He hasn’t got a good transfer record and some of the things he has been saying are eerily similar to Raith in 2017.

The fans are behind him as he done it with Ross County in similar, dire circumstances, so there is reason to be hopeful that we can stay up. But it’s going to take a hell of a lot in January. St Mirren were dead and buried in 2017 before making massive changes. We need to do something similar to have any chance at all.