Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, da_no_1 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you but I'm not seeing this. I'd say it's 50/50

Seriously? Do you actually know people that want him next season? I know folk that are maybe a bit, meh, but would prefer a change. The rest are ardent he should be gone. 

44 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Seriously? Do you actually know people that want him next season? I know folk that are maybe a bit, meh, but would prefer a change. The rest are ardent he should be gone. 

Yes, seriously.

Probably more to do with the fact that most are scared of who we could appoint if Yogi leaves/gets pumped.

I'm of the opinion that managers in general should get more than 7 months in charge at a club before they're judged but as Rob says if he relegates us he'll be gone regardless of what we think

4 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Yes, he is. But that doesn’t change the fact that he’s our player and didn’t progress in that first part of the season, under Grant or Hughes. He was our player for the first 23 league games of the season, so it’s not like he’s been on loan all season. The fact Yogi then loaned him out, despite not having any other natural full back cover available certainly suggests he isn’t deemed to be good enough. He also only seems to have 5 appearances for Airdrie, not sure if he’s been injured though.

In his time here, it probably didn’t help that Yogi tried to make him a winger and then dropped him. But, again, that seems to back up my point about mismanagement/poor coaching being a bit of an issue, no?

Yeah MacDonald's been injured for the last 5-6 weeks and Saturday's game was his first game back. He's done fine when he's played but from a small sample size he doesn't look any better than he did when left Airdrie over a year ago. He's a solid right back for upper League One level, has his moments defensively but gets up and down the park and tries to support the attacks, but he doesn't seem to have added too much to his game since leaving. We only had him for a couple of months but given the impact he made, it's fair to say we got the better end of MacDonald being recalled and us getting Kyle Turner on loan last season. 

15 minutes ago, smpar said:

Letting Kyle Turner go is still one of the biggest mistakes the club's made in the last year or two. 

He wanted to leave, didn't he? Not sure he was forced out.

If a player doesn't want to be at the club then I don't care how good he is, I'd rather he fucked off.

Although he's clearly improve our disaster of a central midfield, Turner really isn't that good. Being better than Dan Pybus does not equal pler.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

He wanted to leave, didn't he? Not sure he was forced out.
If a player doesn't want to be at the club then I don't care how good he is, I'd rather he fucked off.
Although he's clearly improve our disaster of a central midfield, Turner really isn't that good. Being better than Dan Pybus does not equal pler.

I think the rumour was he an Crawford had a falling out, no idea what the actual story is though. A real shame we didn’t hold on to him though, he’s head and shoulders above any of the shite we’ve had in midfield this season.

Turner could have been better than Stephen Bell when he was getting onto a game. 

Both of them needed a season out of the way to step up from part time to full time and Turner was starting to really push on before whatever happened, happened. 

37 minutes ago, smpar said:

I think the rumour was he an Crawford had a falling out, no idea what the actual story is though. A real shame we didn’t hold on to him though, he’s head and shoulders above any of the shite we’ve had in midfield this season.

Heard some gen dit which made it seem like Crawford and his lack of experience/man management let him down a bit. Apparently that is. 

Our season seemed to start falling apart a bit when Turner was jettisoned. 

30 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Think the rumour was that Dom Thomas had had a falling out with Crawford as he disappeared from the squad altogether but it turned out he had Covid.

This sort of shit rumour happens all too often with us, as if there are people in our support who have nothing better to do than to jump in and start bullshit rumours.

This sort of shit rumour happens all too often with us, as if there are people in our support who have nothing better to do than to jump in and start bullshit rumours.

I don’t really know why people like to make up ‘in the know’ bullshit to feel relevant. For me, there’s no harm speculating on signings/reasons players aren’t involved. However, there’s nothing at all that can be gained from making up stories about a fallout or anything like that. Even if these things aren’t made up, the people who have been told about internal events should have more respect for their ‘source’ than to post it on a public forum/social media.

For example, I don’t see any harm in people speculating that Thomas will be away at the end of the season. Personally, I doubt he’ll be happy about the fact Yogi took so long to put him back into the team, or the fact he was benched at the weekend for such a crucial game. But if someone was to make up nonsense about a training ground bust up/fallout with Yogi, that’s where it makes no sense to me.

The only way I’d see Thomas staying is if we stay up and the (preferably new) manager quickly promises him he’ll be a key player in a coherent, challenging team.

I’d put the chances of all that at less than 1%. He’ll most likely be away at the end of the season.

5 hours ago, smpar said:

The only way I’d see Thomas staying is if we stay up and the (preferably new) manager quickly promises him he’ll be a key player in a coherent, challenging team.

I’d put the chances of all that at less than 1%. He’ll most likely be away at the end of the season.

He'll be gone. He is fed up here. Obviously loves the club etc etc, but think it's just been year after year of pure shit for him. Should be playing a ta better level than he is, certainly.