Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Hoping we might at least see the new kit this week. Sounds like it’s been done and dusted for a long time.

I was in the club shop on Saturday morning and they were getting rid of the Joma stuff pretty quickly. Two training shirts and a pair of shorts from the away kit for £13. Suppose they can’t have any of that on sale when the new manufacturer’s stuff is on the shelves.

Edited by The Toun Clock

9 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Hoping we might at least see the new kit this week. Sounds like it’s been done and dusted for a long time.

I was in the club shop on Saturday morning and they were getting rid of the Joma stuff pretty quickly. Two training shirts and a pair of shorts from the away kit for £13. Suppose they can’t have any of that on sale when the new manufacturer’s stuff is on the shelves.

I’d imagine the Joma deal is up at the end of May or something. So wouldn’t be surprised if the club release/announce something on Thursday/Friday.

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

New kit will get unveiled at St Pauli game.

Doubt it mate, Dave Cook said the other week he wanted it on sale in the club shop by mid-June. Of course this could change but that was his official plans as of the meeting a couple of weeks back. I'd be shocked if we don't hear who the new manufacturer is (almost certainly Errea by the sounds of it) and also an image of the kit. 

I think in an ideal world they'll want it on sale pre-St Pauli. The way things are going, if this kit is a really good one then it'll sell like hot cakes, even our lesser liked kits sell well these days.

45 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Hope that 3rd kit is never seen again.  They wore that strip way more than I expected it to appear. The 2nd strip was much nicer.

Yeah, that was awful. Don’t think there was ever any need to wear it. But we wore it 4 times. Think we only wore the away kit 5 times and I’d much rather we saw more of that.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Hope that 3rd kit is never seen again.  They wore that strip way more than I expected it to appear. The 2nd strip was much nicer.

I actually really liked it, we seemed to do well in it too. Away shirt this season could have been so much better, we've not remade with the original colours and what did they do, picked the exact same shirt as the home but in a different colour, utter shite.

On 18/05/2023 at 16:53, Salvo Montalbano said:

I was driving past Crossgates Primrose's ground today and noticed that they had "NEXT GAME: July 11 v Dunfermline Athletic". Not sure if that's a Fife Cup (1997/98 semi final) or friendly game.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I was driving past Humbug and they're advertising that they're playing Dunfermline on the 11th or July. 

Only 2 weeks ago, aye... 😏

12 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Mehmet three year deal.

Interesting that we're going for three year deals. Certainly shows we mean business but of course it could also go horribly wrong!

Can’t lie I’m a bit worried about this. The 3 year deal for KRH was great news but if we are going to be throwing long term deals at a lot of players it’s inevitable some come to bite us on the arse.
See the Falkirk thread for discussion about Brad McKay for a prime example.

Deniz had a great season of course but didn’t look up to it last time at the level above. He’s not irreplaceable or a great coup like KRH. I really hope being too loyal to the group who won league 1 doesn’t hold us back next season.