Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Now that the dust has settled and we’ve had time to calm down… how bloody good is that signing? It’s a real sign of intent. I know he’s unproven at championship level, but he was far too good for league 1. Really looking forward to seeing him at East End for the next few years.

I’ve commented a couple of times on this, but Dunfermline feels like somewhere that players want to be right now. McPake, the coaching staff and the board deserve immense credit for that. We now have the manager/assistant, Todd, Hamilton and KRH on long term deals. Quite a few players recently signed 2 year deals as well. In the last 4/5 years, very few first team players have signed extensions to their initial contracts. It’s great to see that changing.

I also don’t think we can underestimate the influence of the section NW guys. They’ve created an atmosphere home and away and get behind the team. The connection between fans and players is very strong right now and I hope that continues for a long time yet!

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Now that the dust has settled and we’ve had time to calm down… how bloody good is that signing? It’s a real sign of intent. I know he’s unproven at championship level, but he was far too good for league 1. Really looking forward to seeing him at East End for the next few years.

I’ve commented a couple of times on this, but Dunfermline feels like somewhere that players want to be right now. McPake, the coaching staff and the board deserve immense credit for that. We now have the manager/assistant, Todd, Hamilton and KRH on long term deals. Quite a few players recently signed 2 year deals as well. In the last 4/5 years, very few first team players have signed extensions to their initial contracts. It’s great to see that changing.

I also don’t think we can underestimate the influence of the section NW guys. They’ve created an atmosphere home and away and get behind the team. The connection between fans and players is very strong right now and I hope that continues for a long time yet!

Might be coincidence but our upturn started when David Cook took over.  The appointment of the manager was good, something we had got wrong too many times before.  Targeted low ST prices for the Section NW demographic having identfied what that section bring on and off the park.  Both these things played a huge part in our turn around this season.

Agreed. The fans adoration and connection with KRH from that section must have also played a part in him signing. 

As an older fan I'll admit to scoffing at it, but it's true, it's helping the club as a whole massively.

Edited by Heaton

Some of the names i'm seeing on here this morning are just beautiful.

I'm being lazy here but is McMullan, Byrne, McGhee & Jakubiak all out of contract? Would be buzzing to have Fisher back too. 

31 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Byrne still under contract, would say you have no chance of getting Fisher. Hopefully we keep McGhee and Jak, you're welcome to McMullan.

Thank you.

Fisher is pretty much a done deal I think. 

I thought McMullan had done well for Dundee, what’s changed?

44 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Byrne still under contract, would say you have no chance of getting Fisher. Hopefully we keep McGhee and Jak, you're welcome to McMullan.

Thank you.

Out of interest, why do you think we have no chance of getting Fisher? General consensus around Dunfermline is that he is a ‘done deal’.

Not to mention he only featured in 6 league games for Dundee when he went back in January. So don't see him being played more now that you have gone up? Could all be down to who their new manager is I guess.

13 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Does anyone have our up-to-date squad list?

The club site is up to date other than Mehmet and McGowan from what I can see

Just listened to McPake’s interview - interesting to hear that it was agreed as part of the loan deal that we’d have an option to buy/make it a permanent deal. Another example of some good planning/negotiations from those in charge. 

1 hour ago, kdypar said:

Fisher is pretty much a done deal I think. 

I thought McMullan had done well for Dundee, what’s changed?

Would be surprised if we punt Fisher, McMullans a good Championship player, not good enough for the step up though.

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

The club site is up to date other than Mehmet and McGowan from what I can see

Still got Mochrie and Mahon as well. Contracts usually don’t expire until 31st May, so most websites will include players who have left until then.

16 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Would be surprised if we punt Fisher, McMullans a good Championship player, not good enough for the step up though.

He'll be out of contract though, and as long as the development fee isn't outrageous I'd imagine we'll just pay that and get him in. Obviously easier for us if you don't offer a contract to him mind you. 

Looks like Dundee Utd will be in the league next season. Currently 2 down at home to Killie which would mean they’d be in the playoffs at least, however 11th placed Ross Co have just came back from 2 down at home to St.Johnstone to gain a point which would almost certainly put them at straight down. Would need a 7 goal swing on the last day.