Walking Down The Halbeath Road

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gary Mackay-Steven was apparently there last night.

Hoping its more a you signing than an us signing.

It’s a name that had been speculated about before, tho i think just random fans more than anything significant.

Berra was there as well, wonder if he’s back helping mcpake or if he was there in another role

20 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Sure I read that he was sitting next to a St Johnstone employee.

Aye, im just hoping it was coincidence inside the hospitality seats or something.

Hes the opposite of what we're (apparently) trying to build.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, im just hoping it was coincidence inside the hospitality seats or something.

Hes the opposite of what we're (apparently) trying to build.

On the flip side, I think he’s the kind of player we should be looking for. We need experience. Our second oldest player that started last night was Comrie, at 26. If we use that system, it’s likely that he will be backup to 20 year old Kane Ritchie-Hosler, so our starting 11 will get even younger/less experienced.

Youth got us through League 1. But I think we’re going to need some more experience for the championship. However, the challenge is that it has to be an experienced player that has the right attitude, won’t disrupt the harmony and will enhance the squad. That’s not easy to find at all.

8 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Lastly, does anyone see what Paul Allan offers? IMO he's just not good enough for Dunfermline

Low cost versatility I guess, probably not a player we would sign but given he's never really had much of a run I'm happy enough for him to stick around next year given he can fill in in defence and midfield.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gary Mackay-Steven was apparently there last night.

Hoping its more a you signing than an us signing.

I would be happy enough with that, will have to fence off the burn in Rex Park, Townhill loch and Loch Fitty so he could be an expensive signing 

9 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Lastly, does anyone see what Paul Allan offers? IMO he's just not good enough for Dunfermline

I like him. Neat and tidy on the ball, quite calm and a good squad player who can come on and keep things ticking over. It's funny that he was seen as being ahead of Todd in terms of youth prospects but that injury hasn't helped him. 

Granted I've seen limited time of him but he needs to bring something extra to his game, be it goals, assist or something else that gives us an edge. 

He's fine but there's nothing particularly stand out. He's at an age now where he needs to show it.

Best game was probably away to Edinburgh start of last season, did well that day. 

Think Paul Allan is in last chance saloon this season.

Keeping things ticking over is not enough for me personally.  He doesn't like tackling and he doesn't go forward. I would rather fill a shirt with a player that offers more than passing the ball 5 yards once they receive it. He's not even that young anymore.

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Might just be that he was there as a ‘supporter’ of ours, but Michael O’Halloran was there last night too. 

He's been doing bits of training with us but not been involved in any of our 3 friendlies so far.

If GMS was fit then I'd be happy with that. Been very up and down at Hearts with injury and would be a reasonably big wage I'd imagine, against the risk that he's injury prone.

I'm not sure, maybe the Saints fans can tell us more but I think O'Hallaron seems like the billy big baws, bad apple type. I could be wrong but whenever I seen him for St J, Rangers or Killie he looked torn faced and a bit of a liability.

11 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

If GMS was fit then I'd be happy with that. Been very up and down at Hearts with injury and would be a reasonably big wage I'd imagine, against the risk that he's injury prone.

I'm not sure, maybe the Saints fans can tell us more but I think O'Hallaron seems like the billy big baws, bad apple type. I could be wrong but whenever I seen him for St J, Rangers or Killie he looked torn faced and a bit of a liability.

Nah I don’t think he was to be fair, also he’s never played for Killie so it would just be us or Rangers. Certainly at saints in his first couple of spells he was absolutely electric, but he’s a player who needs an arm around the shoulder and made to feel happy, which Davidson was never going to do, so he probably did look unhappy towards the end of his spell with us and with justification. He’s certainly never come across as a bad apple in the dressing room, not sure he’s smart enough to think like that to be honest. 

If he looked annoyed at Rangers, he probably was. Try having 45 thousand people hating you because of your religion and past, let alone when they’re your own fans. 

For what it’s worth, I’m not sure he’s got the drive or application to play at a decent level again. He’s still quick as hell and on his day a defenders nightmare, but those days are few and far between and unless a manger can cuddle him into some form it’ll stay that way. 

10 minutes ago, Widge said:

Nah I don’t think he was to be fair, also he’s never played for Killie so it would just be us or Rangers. Certainly at saints in his first couple of spells he was absolutely electric, but he’s a player who needs an arm around the shoulder and made to feel happy, which Davidson was never going to do, so he probably did look unhappy towards the end of his spell with us and with justification. He’s certainly never come across as a bad apple in the dressing room, not sure he’s smart enough to think like that to be honest. 

If he looked annoyed at Rangers, he probably was. Try having 45 thousand people hating you because of your religion and past, let alone when they’re your own fans. 

For what it’s worth, I’m not sure he’s got the drive or application to play at a decent level again. He’s still quick as hell and on his day a defenders nightmare, but those days are few and far between and unless a manger can cuddle him into some form it’ll stay that way. 

Can't work out why I thought he played for Killie after Rangers for a bit. That's good that you lot don't think he's a bad apple, not sure why but I just thought he came across like that.

KRH out for 8-12 weeks, according to Mackay. Ankle requires surgery after a collision with Matty Todd in training. If it wasn’t Matty Todd, I’d probably be annoyed with the player that crocked him…

Big loss to the team for the next few months, but I’m sure he’ll come back fighting fit.