Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If we go with Tod and O'Halloran, I might be tempted to give McCann and Wighton a half each as the central striker.  

Leaving our Benedictus (if he is even available) makes sense too, as does giving Fenton a run at left wing-back.  A start for Paul Allan would also seem logical, albeit that is probably guaranteed by default if Otoo is moving back to defence.

Hopefully we’ll hear today just how long this injury is due to keep Matty out for. This kinda shite was always going to happen. Has an absolute worldy season, probably beyond what any of us imagined, scored loads of goals, 80% of them absolute crackers, that good he could have had his own goal of the season competition, gets a new deal, is given the #10 jersey and now this. Feel for the kid, not only is he injured but (I’m sure it wasn’t his fault) he was involved in KRH getting his injury in training. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

Hope it's not a Steven Bell situation all over again.

We find a gem of a midfielder that scores great goals and boundless energy then gets hit with an injury curse just as they are taking it to the next level.

Absolutely gutting for Matty Todd, especially with the the well documented hard work he has put in to get himslef to the level he is at. Huge blow to the team at the start of a big season. I just hope it's not as bad as we fear.

Guess the good news for all involved is the security of the 3 year deal. It’s rubbish for this season, if we’re looking at the short term. But we can afford to be patient, knowing that he still has another 2 years after this one - not a case of reaching the top of his game next season, then leaving for free. Matty himself will also know that he doesn’t have to push himself back to earn a new deal or anything like that.

Even if it’s a really bad one (obviously hope it’s not!), we have to hope that this is just a small hurdle on his way to the top.

All of the above also applies to Kane’s injury/situation. We can’t be rushing these guys back, no matter how tempting it may be.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

Getting on for 800 more season tickets sold this year compared to last year which is decent considering the financial situation in the UK.

Might still be more to come, I personally still have to get my one plus another in the next few days.

It’s no surprise at all that we’re shifting more season tickets compared to last year considering the absolute state of the club 12-14 months ago, but an additional 800 is pretty remarkable. It’s so refreshing and exciting to have a club that is doing more than just surviving, something which a full generation of our fans will only have known. 

Also, the club must be shitting themselves for random drug testing. Whatever they’re giving some of these youth players can’t be legal. 

21 minutes ago, 101 said:

Getting on for 800 more season tickets sold this year compared to last year which is decent considering the financial situation in the UK.

Where are you getting the figures from, out of interest? Don’t doubt you, just be interested to know the figures for last year/this year. I’d imagine an increase of 800 must be an increase of around 30%, which is a brilliant effort - regardless of the feeling around the club 12-18 months ago.

The club have fantastic pricing/initiatives for those under 21, who are, undoubtedly, the future of the fanbase. There’s a number of areas that there is ‘room for improvement’ but they deserve a lot of praise for the pricing structure of season tickets and the focus on encouraging younger fans to get along to games.

Also, their support of Section NW has resulted in the best atmosphere in a long time. The fact that clubs like Raith and Falkirk are now trialling organised singing sections is not a coincidence. Other clubs are taking notice of what’s going on at East End.

36 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Where are you getting the figures from, out of interest? Don’t doubt you, just be interested to know the figures for last year/this year. I’d imagine an increase of 800 must be an increase of around 30%, which is a brilliant effort

Club emailed those stats not too long ago.

I would agree around 1/3 increase.

Also if the NW sells out that would mean over 800 new seats sold. 

Couple of meaningful signings could sway folk on the July pay day.

Going back to recruitment, are we limiting ourselves within Scotland? There seems to be a decreasing pool of decent players available every year, or maybe it's just that the Premiership clubs are continuously furthering the back financially. 

Not sure if it was mentioned in here or not (I didn't see it) and only seen the info for myself this morning but PMcG has officially signed with Cove for the upcoming season. Thought that was an odd one but forgot he worked with Hartley at Dundee. A proper pre-season and playing week in week out, Gowser will skoosh that league. Him playing balls through to Burrell to score against Falkirk... 🤣

20 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not sure if it was mentioned in here or not (I didn't see it) and only seen the info for myself this morning but PMcG has officially signed with Cove for the upcoming season. Thought that was an odd one but forgot he worked with Hartley at Dundee. A proper pre-season and playing week in week out, Gowser will skoosh that league. Him playing balls through to Burrell to score against Falkirk... 🤣

The desire to keep trolling McGlynn was just too strong for McPake to resist. Gets Gowser fit then packs him back to League One. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Neither had Lewis McCann until last week*.

*still not sure if he has or not.

If he has I stand corrected. And I take your point onboard about McCann.