Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

We can’t go in to the first game of the season with a squad this thin. Surely no. Expecting a body or two in tomorrow or I can see the simpsons meme’s returning. 

JKyI.gif.920e64f56df349d3b0f07a6b48752b3c.gif

Spoiler

Obviously from a footballing rivalry point of view, I took some enjoyment from the Pars' relegation, but I genuinely enjoyed that Simpsons meme thread more. Some truly inspired content. 

12 minutes ago, SRB said:

It seems over complicated from that courier article. They said they wanted to do business early but like last season have left it late again.

I fear will be in relegation fight again this season and they will only have themselves to blame.

this quality over quantity line is wearing thin with the fans. Have to take a risk at some point on a player.

teams around us strengthen with overseas and players from down south and we don’t, what’s the point in a German connection if we can’t benefit from the players over there.

How do you know no contracts were offered until recently? How do you know no contracts were offered to players who play in England?

14 minutes ago, SRB said:

It seems over complicated from that courier article. They said they wanted to do business early but like last season have left it late again.

I fear will be in relegation fight again this season and they will only have themselves to blame.

this quality over quantity line is wearing thin with the fans. Have to take a risk at some point on a player.

teams around us strengthen with overseas and players from down south and we don’t, what’s the point in a German connection if we can’t benefit from the players over there.

I feel this as well, teams needing a couple championship jobbers in the mould of a Grant Gillespie or Blair Spittal.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

How do you know no contracts were offered until recently? How do you know no contracts were offered to players who play in England?

The truth is nobody knows when or who contracts were offered to. 

The facts also show either we are not as appealing as other clubs. Be naive to think that we haven’t been turned down by players. 

Edited by obiwanyouknowme

50 minutes ago, SRB said:

Too many folk involved in the transfers on our side in my eyes. Squad is paper thin and still no signings before season starts on Saturday worrying times I think

Genuinely think the manager, sporting director and CEO is the minimum that should be involved in some capacity. 

Otherwise you end up in a ridiculous situation of players signing contracts that aren't affordable to the club. So I'm not sure who else you want to chop out the process?

I'm pretty content tbh, windows still open for a while, our starting eleven is still pretty decent so I don't see the point in panick signing jobbers to fill the bench until Todd comes back. 

We lost one game last season, cruising to the title against Falkirk, the process deserves trust IMO. 

26 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Convinced we'd have kept Macdonald and Todorov if they'd known it would be this difficult to get players in. They 100% should have anyway.

I'll judge when the squad is complete, both those players and O'Hara getting released was the right decision IMO. Think that's been proven by the fact 2 have dropped down a league and one has went to a side that failed to beat us all last season. We will sign a striker before the window shuts.

Macdonald - not good enough for where we’re going. Todorov is extremely limited on a high wage. Plenty of time to get the signings in but it is frustrating with these injuries. 

Doesn’t sound too serious about Den

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/4610407/james-mcpake-dunfermline-david-wotherspoon/

Also, McPake is a realist and it’s reassuring to hear him “making a plan for Airdrie with the players we’ve got”. You can guarantee assistant Dave will have been scrutinising Airdrie for any weaknesses at corners, free kicks etc. It’s not a Grant or Hughes scenario where they’ll blindly try and play “the right way”.

Update on East End Bounce forum from folk who attended a meeting with board tonight.

Goes a bit more into transfer policy, possible signing tomorrow. Fletcher is not a thing.

Then some boardroom vision for the future where players don't dive or fake injury All fluffy sounding stuff that I personally couldn't give a hoot about.

Edited by Chubbychops