Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They've signed 5 players so far and have said they're trying to sign more.

We have, and that’s great. Three promising talents that we had on loan - great start. Next one player that’s not kicked a ball because he’s not fit enough then goalie and only because we had to due to injury - not so great.

The squad is still miles off in terms of numbers of where it should be at this stage, and then you’d like to add one or two towards end of window/loan window. Whereas we’re like a guy who needs to do all his Christmas shopping by heading into town centre at 3pm on Christmas Eve.

33 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

We have, and that’s great. Three promising talents that we had on loan - great start. Next one player that’s not kicked a ball because he’s not fit enough then goalie and only because we had to due to injury - not so great.

The squad is still miles off in terms of numbers of where it should be at this stage, and then you’d like to add one or two towards end of window/loan window. Whereas we’re like a guy who needs to do all his Christmas shopping by heading into town centre at 3pm on Christmas Eve.

Number 11 for the Pars, the box of Maltesers.

More I think about it, if we have offered Wotherspoon a contract and he is mulling it over in hope of another offer elsewhere. 

Get him in the bin. 

Canny believe it’s nearly 8pm and nothing - sleep walking into a storm. 

Get beat tomorrow and the board will have questions to answer as the next 2 games against United and Raith could leave bottom with 0 out of 9

54 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Lads, it's Airdrie. 

If they sort out their leaky defence, they’ll be a threat to anyone in the league this season. Do not underestimate them, although it is hard to give praise to a team filled with utter scum for supporters. 

Away from signing talk. I'm trying to think how we will lineup for today and who will play.

I think the 3-4-3 that we have played in pre-season. 3-5-2 as another option but there no Matty Todd to play AM and we haven't signed any back up after Mochrie went back to United. Perhaps Andy Tod could do that role.

Sharp

Fisher                      Benedictus                 Otoo

Comrie                     Hamilton                         Chalmers            Edwards

Tod                                     Wighton                            McCann           

Subs----Little, Breen, Allan, T.Sutherland, Hoggan, O'Halloran                                         

6 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Away from signing talk. I'm trying to think how we will lineup for today and who will play.

I think the 3-4-3 that we have played in pre-season. 3-5-2 as another option but there no Matty Todd to play AM and we haven't signed any back up after Mochrie went back to United. Perhaps Andy Tod could do that role.

Sharp

Comrie                     Hamilton                         Chalmers            Edwards

Tod                                     Wighton                            McCann           

The classic 2-1-4-3 formation 

Edit - that will probably be the team, he's got a decision to make as to whether he sees Otoo or Breen as first choice LCB. Have no faith that O'Halloran will be fit.

Edited by VinnyPar

10 hours ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

Why have we been flirting with David Wotherspoon all summer? Bored of it. Going into the first game of the season with a piss thin squad like this is bonkers. This is annoying my peace as a 30 year old adult. Away to pick up the dug shite in the garden. 

I think you could argue that most teams in our league have thin squads with the exception of Dundee United and maybe Partick? Seems to be the way of most championship teams that they don't have a full squad until the end of the transfer window and other teams decode whi is going out on loan.

19 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

I think you could argue that most teams in our league have thin squads with the exception of Dundee United and maybe Partick? Seems to be the way of most championship teams that they don't have a full squad until the end of the transfer window and other teams decode whi is going out on loan.

Stop talking sense! 

13 hours ago, DAFC. said:

If they sort out their leaky defence, they’ll be a threat to anyone in the league this season. Do not underestimate them, although it is hard to give praise to a team filled with utter scum for supporters. 

Don't worry we have a few injuries to key players so we have managed to get Kenny Black and Paul Jack back for a game, let's hope they have had enough sleep,  I hear they were up all night sharpening their boots sorry that should be polishing..   interesting day beckons.....

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Sharp

Sharp

Fisher Benedictus Breen

Comrie      Edwards 

Chalmers  Allan 

Tod Wighton McCann

Is how I think we'll play it. Hamilton or Otoo perhaps instead of Allan, or Otoo instead of Breen being our only other options realistically. Hoping O'Halloran is fit enough at least for the bench otherwise we're relying on Sutherland being a difference maker if we need to change things up.

Edited by Salvo Montalbano
Putting McCann and Tod on the correct side, as well as Breen and Fisher!