Walking Down The Halbeath Road

26 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

O'Halloran is starting to look an utter dud of a signing. 

Edited to add, I don't think we put out a weaker squad than that all last season. 

Alloa at home, first game of the season. No Mochire, KRH, Fisher, Otoo etc.

7 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

If I walk into the stadium today and find out Allan is starting ahead of Hamilton I’ll walk back out. No disrespect on PA but cmon, Hamilton one of our better players last season, vice captain. 

Paul Allan likes this 😜

Lewis McCann man of the match for me. Very good team performance and a hard-fought win against a team we couldn’t beat at home last season.

Airdrie played well in parts, but it took a rebound from a brilliant striker for them to score. Thought Sharp looked decent enough in goals.

Chalmers had the best game I’ve seen him play at this level and dictated play when we were on the ball. Delighted for Paul Allan, hopefully he can kick on from this and prove himself - it’s an important season for him.

Also, is Michael O’Halloran a real person, or some kind of myth?

29 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Lewis McCann man of the match for me. Very good team performance and a hard-fought win against a team we couldn’t beat at home last season.

Airdrie played well in parts, but it took a rebound from a brilliant striker for them to score. Thought Sharp looked decent enough in goals.

Chalmers had the best game I’ve seen him play at this level and dictated play when we were on the ball. Delighted for Paul Allan, hopefully he can kick on from this and prove himself - it’s an important season for him.

Also, is Michael O’Halloran a real person, or some kind of myth?

Joe Chalmers btw.  Some of his direct play was fantastic.  He’ll always have a slack pass in him - nature of midfielders at this level, but he had a superb game up to the sending off then had to drop deep with the rest of them.

Shows you how we all see different things, as I was frustrated as hell with Chalmers all too often. The break where he moved into the inside right position, ignored Comrie's run, turned into bother then had to do a swivel to get back onto his left foot was just poor play. It's like he doesn't have his head up sometimes. 

Otoo and McCann were great though. And superb goal from Allan.

Also, what was that awful music we played when we scored? If they’re not playing Glad All Over, I’d rather that just scrapped goal music. I think they also played some weird song when the team came out? Reminds me of the Sunderland documentary, with that clown that changed the music and got slated for it.

Tannoy was also far too loud. Have they upgraded the PA system?

Bene was absolutely fantastic btw. He doesn’t get the credit because he makes potentially difficult situations look quite simple but he was a major reason we won today.

McCann has also improved so much from last season. His work off the ball is so impressive.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

26 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Also, what was that awful music we played when we scored? If they’re not playing Glad All Over, I’d rather that just scrapped goal music. I think they also played some weird song when the team came out? Reminds me of the Sunderland documentary, with that clown that changed the music and got slated for it.

Tannoy was also far too loud. Have they upgraded the PA system?

Tannoy was ridiculous. The music at the start seemed to be a mix of Seven Nation Army (the original), Seven Nation Army (some pish remix) and the Dunfermline song. But it wasn't mixed, it wasn't a mash-up, it was just played on top of each other and they clashed something rotten. The count down was botched, twice (thought they were doing the flag first time but then the team came out then they made Airdrie line up alongside while we did it which was very odd, then they botched the countdown again - and while we're at it, can we please just get back to the chairman or whomever giving the string a wee pull then the flag unfurls on the actual flagpole rather than this overthought Americanised pish?). Then when we scored it sounded like some kind of happy hard-core shite like they play at Hampden for Scotland games. But I couldn't make anything out because the tannoy was turned up to eleven. Think I heard Glad All Over at Allan's goal before that drowned it out. 

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Do you still play 'Into the valley' that was cool.

Thank you.

That’s what I’m moaning about. We changed it for today’s game, for no obvious reason, and replaced it with some utter garbage mash up of a few different songs.

Just now, CallumPar said:

That’s what I’m moaning about. We changed it for today’s game, for no obvious reason, and replaced it with some utter garbage mash up of a few different songs.

Are these people insane? It's the perfect walk out tune, just about.