Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I think with Wotherspoon because the rumour came about quite a while ago that he'd been training with us etc that people concluded a deal would've come about fairly quickly one way or another. McPake also confirmed interest and an offer, not sure if he was the one that they thought was close to signing but that hasn't helped fans' frustration 

He's a good player and I'd take him, this sort of thing happens in the transfer market all the time, players have to look out for their best interests as any person does. Agents will also be looking to see if they can drum up interest to get a better deal, so there's that as well. 

If the club feel they've made a strong offer then that's all you can do, if another target pops up who they like then they'll probably move onto them instead if Wotherspoon hasn't decided his future.

Surely we'll hear today or tomorrow regarding at least 1 or 2 additions before Saturday? Feel like we've been saying that the last 4 weeks though...

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Yeah that's true! A player I'd very much like to see at East End.

What's everyone's feelings over Wotherspoon now as the saga goes on? Bin the idea completely or still want to see him sign if he wants to. I'd rather he p*sses off to Canada than goes to Airdrie.

If he wants to come and all the stuff in on social media has been nonsense then happy to have him. However, if he really wanted to sign he'd have signed.

I'd still take him and leave the offer open (only if it doesn't disrupt other moves we're made for other players).

I really wanted to sign him previously but the whole thing has dragged on that much that I couldn't care one way or the other now.

Edited by Chubbychops

45 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

What's everyone's feelings over Wotherspoon now as the saga goes on? Bin the idea completely or still want to see him sign if he wants to. I'd rather he p*sses off to Canada than goes to Airdrie.

I'd still take him, but time is of the essence now and if he's had a chance and not taken it then onwards and upwards. 
Unless it becomes clear it was him holding the deal up though, I won't be holding it against him.

Was it not mentioned that there were a number of players who were interested on loan moves based on the success we had in the loan market last season? There must be decent quality options out there willing to give us a try... just need that market to become more available.

Problem with loans I guess is the big squads that Premiership clubs can have on a match day. Probably easier as a League One club getting a young player who isn't ready for the top league but who should he able to do a job in the third tier. Clubs might not be so willing to loan out prospects who will ge good Championship players since they'll also probably be good enough to sit on their enlarged benches. 

Shaun Byrne situation was also to be decided "in next 24 hours" late last week so thought we might have heard something on that. Believe it was ourselves, Raith and Thistle interested. Thistle can beat it, they've not long had their wee begging bowl out and been signing plenty.

16 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Summers would be good, think some of the Open Goal guys were bigging him up last season after Broomhill played Celtic B or watched one of their games. 

If they are saying he's decent I assume he is coming to be a ball boy?

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Shaun Byrne situation was also to be decided "in next 24 hours" late last week so thought we might have heard something on that. Believe it was ourselves, Raith and Thistle interested. Thistle can beat it, they've not long had their wee begging bowl out and been signing plenty.

According to who? Just more baseless nonsense.

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Byrne was getting his photo taken with Rovers scarf aloft at Starks Park this morning. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

According to who? Just more baseless nonsense.

What's more baseless nonsense? 

On Byrne - It was reported in the paper last week.

Second part was for all to see a matter of weeks ago.

Edited by The Toun Clock

20 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Byrne was getting his photo taken with Rovers scarf aloft at Starks Park this morning. 

Good luck to him he's a good lad, hope he has a nightmare against us though.

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Somebody on .net saying Ben Summers on loan from Celtic an attacking midfielder.

It’s .net, so I’ll believe it when I see it. Be fairly happy with that though - hopefully it could be similar to KRH/Otoo loans, where there might be an option to buy if the loan spell is a success? Think I saw he has a contract to 2025 though, so not sure that would be the case.

Just now, CallumPar said:

It’s .net, so I’ll believe it when I see it. Be fairly happy with that though - hopefully it could be similar to KRH/Otoo loans, where there might be an option to buy if the loan spell is a success? Think I saw he has a contract to 2025 though, so not sure that would be the case.

I can't recall if it was Summers or not that was getting rave reviews on a podcast last season, but if it was him I think he'll be more in Celtic's plans than Otoo was or even how much KRH was with Rangers. Still, a potential to have him for a year would be great.