Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Did we lose out on Wotherspoon to Airdrie? What is our plan here? 

Argument would be that Byrne would not be guaranteed a start by any stretch so maybe Starks is better for him. Wee club, more minutes. Maths. 

47 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

McPake either has someone better lined up or reckons he isn’t better than what we have. If we really wanted him, he’d have came to us. Simple as. 

It's not really mcpake's call how determined we are to get a player,  he's involved in identifying players and agreeing on targets, but once the decision is made its all on Meagle what we're willing to offer to get a player.  and as soon as he see's the player is over 21 his efforts to get them are cut drastically.  We have signed 1 player over 30 and he'll consider that more than enough.

Agree with above.

We have four players that can play Byrne's position but one centre forward, and no attacking midfielders whilst Todd is out.  Would've taken him as an option but hoping we spend our remaining budget further up the pitch where it's needed.

Yeah, the problem is and has been consistently elsewhere. 
Was made very clear we need more goals in the team, and whilst Shaun Byrne is a good addition to any championship side, and no doubt strengthens Raith even more in what has shaped up to be quite an impressive window for them, my worries about the squad would not be all that sated if we'd brought him in. 

Saying that, at least I'd not have withdrawal symptoms from the severe lack of pen gif.

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Raith must have wanted him more, I can't say I'm very sad to be missing out on him. 

Are your board wanting many of the same things McPake is though? McPake definitely would have wanted Byrne and he would have desperately wanted McGowan and he sauntered off to a League One team. Appreciate that McGowan might not have been integral to you lot but there's not a chance McPake wouldn't have wanted him signed up.

2 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Pot kettle black, you usually tell me when we are making a signing before it’s announced 😂😂

Aye? Okdoky then

At least I'll resist the temptation to label Byrne a "dud". Now imagine someone doing that not once, but twice and it coming back to haunt him. 

😉

Had a dip in here and your pars.net or whatever it’s called these days to see the reaction to Byrne signing with us.

Wooft! Ranging from irritation to full blown hysteria with your current squad / lack of signings. 

Still time in the window but genuinely surprised that you’ve had players train and trial for you then went elsewhere. Bit of a red flag to me TBH. 

German mob trying to do the championship on the cheap? 

I’ll not gloat as it wouldn’t be a surprise to see us on the wrong end of a result in a couple of weeks at EEP.

It’s an unforgiving league where the difference between 2nd and 7th is a standout player or two (think Akinyemi at Ayr last season). Maybe your going at SPL players in the loan market once clear who’ll be available..

Interesting few weeks coming up.

Edited by RAITHROVERS84

10 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Had a dip in here and your pars.net or whatever it’s called these days to see the reaction to Byrne signing with us.

Wooft! Ranging from irritation to full blown hysteria with your current squad / lack of signings. 

Still time in the window but genuinely surprised that you’ve had players train and trial for you then went elsewhere. Bit of a red flag to me TBH. 

I’ll not gloat as it wouldn’t be a surprise to see us on the wrong end of a result in a couple of weeks at EEP.

It’s an unforgiving league where the difference between 2nd and 7th is a standout player or two (think Akinyemi at Ayr last season). Maybe your going at SPL players in the loan market once clear who’ll be available..

In fairness, it's widely acknowledged by most Pars fans that .net is filled with total drivel. Pretty sure in the run up to their admin, the guy that runs it was deleting anything critical of their board. 

24 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

In fairness, it's widely acknowledged by most Pars fans that .net is filled with total drivel. Pretty sure in the run up to their admin, the guy that runs it was deleting anything critical of their board. 

Aye dotnet is a total bin fire.

It’s not been a brilliant window. Started very well re-signing everyone we wanted to, then getting KRH, Otoo, Fisher etc all on permanent deals following successful loans.

The main issues irking the fans at the moment is the injuries. Matty Todd, KRH are two of our most important players, plus Mehmet the keeper. All out for a number months. Secondly the lack of transfer activity - in all of our pre-season games we fielded one trialist, Paul McGowan. He split opinions but he’s incredibly experienced, good head in the dressing room, he features in all pre-season games, scored and then continued to train with us whilst we played in the league cup, before eventually signing with Cove. Lastly, we’ve been linked with Wotherspoon for what must be 5/6 weeks now, since he was away with Canada. Then he came back and came to our game, McPake said there was nothing in it, then he was training with Airdrie, then he was training with us, then the papers last week said it was a done deal and now I think it’s dead.

It’s not that the Germans want to do it on the cheap, they just have a way of doing it. KRH was rumoured to be on £3-4K a week at Rangers and we managed to land on a 3 year deal. They want young players that can be improved and resold which is fine, everyone in Scotland is a selling club, including Celtic. 

The only other signing has been Michael O’Hallaron, 30+ and apart from 20 mins off the bench at your place he’s not featured. That’s adding to frustration, the one experienced player we sign and he’s not played for a month because “he’s feeling a bit tight from the increased workload”. 

We’ll be absolutely fine. Signings will be made, we’re just doing things in a manner that are incredibly frustrating for the fans. We also did the same last year, early signings of Benedictus and Hamilton. Then four loans who all turned out to be pretty special. 

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Indeed.

In fact, a member of the EEP office staff would regularly trawl through the forum for “unacceptable” content and contact Brian directly to demand the posts were removed.