Walking Down The Halbeath Road

16 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The content itself doesn’t appear to have changed much, just a bit too much all over the place for me

The content seems to be missing manager interview and player interviews. About the only thing I go on there for.

8 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Normally we've got a manager update on the official site on a Thursday night. Nothing but selling stuff the last few days.

The official site has gone backwards this season. The new facelift is a bit of a mess and the content is crap. Find myself going on there less and less.

Exactly this for me. I'd normally go onto the site once a day to check for anything new. Was simple and everything was easy to access.

Now? It's an unmitigated mess. Articles all over the place, pushing hard on buying stuff,  it looks far too messy and many sections are more difficult to navigate. 

8 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

The content seems to be missing manager interview and player interviews. About the only thing I go on there for.

You’re probably aware of this, but “old cows” is still available. I don’t know how to do a link but if you scroll down to the bottom of the new site, you’ll find an archive link, hit that and you’ll get the old version 

The only reason they’ll have even attempted to update the website will be because it was felt they weren’t driving enough income through the old version.

If they feel this is helping to sell more tickets, kits, match sponsorships, club events etc then it’s doing the job.

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

You’re probably aware of this, but “old cows” is still available. I don’t know how to do a link but if you scroll down to the bottom of the new site, you’ll find an archive link, hit that and you’ll get the old version 

https://archive.dafc.co.uk/

12 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Kai Kennedy just doesn't fit what our club/team are all about.

He's a diving cheat for a start. Not a team player. Won't track back and just massively overrated.

Like Heaton alludes to, KRH is a player that came from a background of Man City & Rangers with not near the same hype as Kennedy. Due to that, he's grounded and realises that he needs to work hard to make the most of his talent.  

The comparison of Kennedy and KRH is a good one, as it refects the kind of decision making we've been making in the last year and a bit compared to the howling mistakes under Grant and Yogi.

Good post.   Shows we’re reaping the rewards of being more diligent on character than just “talent”.  

Glad Kennedy is getting found out and continues to drop down the levels.  Not been more raging at a Pars player than I was at him against Hamilton with his pathetic diving.  

As for Pybus, again finding his level.  

13 hours ago, CallumPar said:

2 years ago, Rangers were turning down bids from West Ham. Now he’s left for free and ended up at a national league side.

Still far too high a level for him.

Interesting to see people continue to comment on Kennedy in this light, when there's a few players from that period who were similarly scapegoated for being passionless shitebags that couldn't bother their arse, who are now rightfully being lauded for how much they've improved under McPake and co's tutelage. Part of me wonders if it could have been a different story for him, had he been given that same clean slate.

Was Kennedy a big diver that frustrated most of us? Aye. Was it glorious to see him continue to not be the answer at Falkirk last season? Absolutely. 

However, I really do think a big part of his troubles with us are a bit more complex than "He's not good enough". The horrid management we had over the course of the season speaks for itself, and his complete refusal to pass to anyone else most of the time stems largely from that, plus what appeared to be a total lack of trust in the squad... which I can't really blame him for. It feels a world away now but bloody hell we were tragic back then. I can't say it's all that surprising that a character as uninspiring as McGlynn also failed to get the best out of him in the big moments.

Don't get me wrong, no danger I'd take him here again, and he's not fit to lace KRH's boots. I still think there's a world where someone finds a player in him though.

2 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

when there's a few players from that period who were similarly scapegoated for being passionless shitebags that couldn't bother their arse,

Utter shite. There was plenty of effort. It's always far too easy to say players didn't try and that they didn't care. Are we to believe that had they just tried harder and cared harder that the team would have been fine?

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Utter shite. There was plenty of effort. It's always far too easy to say players didn't try and that they didn't care. Are we to believe that had they just tried harder and cared harder that the team would have been fine?

You've completely misread me. I'm not saying the effort wasn't there, I'm saying players were lambasted on the regular for not putting in enough regardless of whether they did or not. 
Chalmers is a perfect example. You're having me on if your suggesting that folk didn't question his workrate that season. I saw folk come out with crap like that almost every week.

To reiterate, I'm NOT saying Chalmers didn't work hard enough. I'm saying people scapegoated him for not working hard enough. There's a difference.

The point being, McPake and his team turned that perception around, by bringing the best out of Chalmers. I'm not convinced Kennedy isn't capable of the same under the right circumstances, and the right circumstances was never going to be under McGlynn.

22 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

However, I really do think a big part of his troubles with us are a bit more complex than "He's not good enough". The horrid management we had over the course of the season speaks for itself, and his complete refusal to pass to anyone else most of the time stems largely from that, plus what appeared to be a total lack of trust in the squad... which I can't really blame him for. It feels a world away now but bloody hell we were tragic back then. I can't say it's all that surprising that a character as uninspiring as McGlynn also failed to get the best out of him in the big moments.

Don't get me wrong, no danger I'd take him here again, and he's not fit to lace KRH's boots. I still think there's a world where someone finds a player in him though.

See that bit about not passing to others, that’s his problem.   I suspect no matter who was playing with him he still wouldn’t pass the ball.  It was always about him - the antithesis of a team player.  Maybe someone does find a player in there - but in reality he’s dropped and dropped and dropped in levels, demonstrates I’m not alone in thinking he’s just not going to improve.

*edited to add - I get what you’re saying about McPake as coach how would he react, I suspect that would still need serious attitude adjustment from Kennedy, and even then, I’m not convinced.

Edited by parsboi

2 minutes ago, parsboi said:

See that bit about not passing to others, that’s his problem.   I suspect no matter who was playing with him he still wouldn’t pass the ball.  It was always about him - the antithesis of a team player.  Maybe someone does find a player in there - but in reality he’s dropped and dropped and dropped in levels, demonstrates I’m not alone in thinking he’s just not going to improve.

*edited to add - I get what you’re saying about McPake as coach how would he react, I suspect that would still need serious attitude adjustment from Kennedy, and even then, I’m not convinced.

100%, can't argue with any of that

51 minutes ago, Heaton said:

As eluded to, Kennedy's issue is likely an attitude one, stemming from his head being filled with the hype he was getting. KRH seems like a far more humble lad who just loves and wants to play football. 

Gid honest laddie

Why? Just why? Nightmare fuel before the game tomorrow. Come on, man.