Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

I don't understand the claim we didn't have any chances at all,

Again, I don't think anyone has said that. What people have said - rightly, IMO - is that we didn't create many chances and those that we did weren't of the clear cut variety. Certainly not enough very big changes to say we had enough to win two games.

44 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

But you didn't have enough chances to win 2 games.  In all honesty how many saves did Dabrowski make. 

The keeper making a save doesn't necessitate whether a chance was, or wasn't a good one. 

51 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

But you didn't have enough chances to win 2 games.  In all honesty how many saves did Dabrowski make. He claimed a few crosses and tipped a shot in the 1st half round the post. I do agree you lack numbers or real quality up top but that will be a struggle to resolve this week. I hear you have 2 creative players that are due to come back in but we also have a goalscoring right winger to come in, a left back to come in instead of a midfielder and have options on the bench.

I mean there was at least four decent chances from the highlights. Two goals on Saturday would have seen us win, two goals next Saturday could see us win, there’s two games. The maths isn’t that hard.

Anyway, who actually give a f*ck, we didn’t score and that’s all that matters.

So what team would you play with KRH back in the squad.  Judging by that performance and embarrassing dive from oHalloran I’d be dropping him to the bench, play McCann and Wighton up front with KRH in midfield 

5 minutes ago, Wacky said:

So what team would you play with KRH back in the squad.  Judging by that performance and embarrassing dive from oHalloran I’d be dropping him to the bench, play McCann and Wighton up front with KRH in midfield 

Hmmm. Depends on the formation McPake wants to play, Saturday seemed to be a 523, in that instance it's a straight swap of O'Halloran for KRH. However when Todd comes back we'll play a 532 I'd imagine. 

I beleive our strongest lineup (if everyone was available) would be 

Mehmet

KRH - Fisher - Bene - Breen - Edwards 

Todd-Hamilton-Chalmers

Wighton - McCann

Mehmet 

Fisher         Bene         Otoo

KRH                                                     Edwards

Hamilton Chalmers

Todd          Wighton           McCann 

Subs;

Sharp, Comrie, Allan, Tod, O'Halloran, Summers, Breen

Would be my starting team if everyone was fit. It's unfortunate Todd/KRH were out on Saturday as they are the creative flair that can get on the ball in midfield and take players on but the squad lacks those sorts of players in depth just now. O'Halloran still looks miles off it and McCann struggled to have the same impact as he has for other games this season. 

Ideally we get at least 1 more striker to offer something different to wighton (I'd argue we possibly need 2), as well as some sort of other pacy attacking player for when O'Halloran/McCann aren't playing well/or are out. Summers has talent but will need to adapt to this level to have an impact. 

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

How's Sharp getting on?

I'd say he's done decent enough. Seems like a pretty solid shot stopper and has a rocket of a boot, but accuracy of kicking is a lottery and he likes a run up on back passes which has nearly caught him out 2 or 3 times. Couldn't blame him for the goal at Tannadice or the one on Saturday I don't think.

I imagine McPake will still favour Mehmet when he returns but Sharp should push him if he doesn't perform. 

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

How's Sharp getting on?

Eh he's been alright, hasn't made any saves that you wouldn't expect a keeper to make, hasn't had any clangers. His command of the box isn't as good as Mehmets but he's a tad shorter so it's to be expected. 

41 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Eh he's been alright, hasn't made any saves that you wouldn't expect a keeper to make, hasn't had any clangers. His command of the box isn't as good as Mehmets but he's a tad shorter so it's to be expected. 

The one on one on Saturday was pretty good. Not every keeper is keeping that out. That said a better finish could have scored.