Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not wanting this to sound like one of those "just seen so and so at Stephens so must be signing" posts but I was just at the Co-op on Linburn Road and a man who very much looked like Joe Mumbongo wearing the yellow Errea training top got into a big Range Rover and drove away. Wasn't sure if the big fella was still with us, perhaps getting a run out today? I assume we can play trialists in reserve games?

Edit - I don't think he was in getting a Bridie btw. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

28 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not wanting this to sound like one of those "just seen so and so at Stephens so must be signing" posts but I was just at the Co-op on Linburn Road and a man who very much looked like Joe Mumbongo wearing the yellow Errea training top got into a big Range Rover and drove away. Wasn't sure if the big fella was still with us, perhaps getting a run out today? I assume we can play trialists in reserve games?

He’ll no have a Range Rover for long if he keeps shopping in there. Comfortably the most expensive shop I’ve ever been in. 

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I was effusive in my praise of the team after our game at Tannadice.

Not my fault you’re having an extended hissy fit because someone doesn’t agree with you.

Aye fair enough. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I honestly think we’ll get Wotherspoon and either Jakubiak or Mumbongo signed this week. Not based on any kind of inside info, just a feeling. Both strikers would be great, but I’d be happy enough with either.

I do wonder if Wotherspoon’s agent has tried to get more money out of the club, as suggested above - worth noting we started discussions with him before Todd’s injury. Agent could have then said they want more money, knowing there was a much more urgent need for us to add that creativity. Again, pure speculation, but it’s a possible scenario. Ultimately, if Wotherspoon wants to be here, he’ll sign. It can’t be good for his own stock to be unsigned and lacking match sharpness/fitness at this stage.

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Was the story of Jakubiak being sat in our directors box on Saturday a lot of nonsense, then? 

I believe Jakubiak was sat with Mumbongo at the back of the directors box - which is where we tend to put guests. Away directors get the front 2 rows at the side nearest the Norrie.

Maybe he had spoken to the Rovers directors in the boardroom pre-match and/or at half time and congratulated them on their win/shook their hands at the end of the game and it’s been taken out of context, I don’t know. But Mumbongo and Jakubiak were both at the game as guests of Dunfermline.

21 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I honestly think we’ll get Wotherspoon and either Jakubiak or Mumbongo signed this week. Not based on any kind of inside info, just a feeling. Both strikers would be great, but I’d be happy enough with either.

I do wonder if Wotherspoon’s agent has tried to get more money out of the club, as suggested above - worth noting we started discussions with him before Todd’s injury. Agent could have then said they want more money, knowing there was a much more urgent need for us to add that creativity. Again, pure speculation, but it’s a possible scenario. Ultimately, if Wotherspoon wants to be here, he’ll sign. It can’t be good for his own stock to be unsigned and lacking match sharpness/fitness at this stage.

I agree with this. I think DW realises he's not going to get a Premier League gig, the teams that could probably afford his wages in the Championship all seem okay in that area (Dundee Utd, Raith, QP, Thistle) so makes sense for everyone to give their heads a shake and get it done.

18 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Was the story of Jakubiak being sat in our directors box on Saturday a lot of nonsense, then? 

I'm not 100% as I wasn't there. Is there anyone in the RR directors box that he would have a connection with, BOD, injured players etc? Craig Cairns from the Courier did say there was more to his article than just seeing him there, he has it from someone at the club that the Pars are interested.

I did see on Twitter that David Wotherspoon had been doing coaching badges and John Potter was leading the group. Hope he's not been whispering in his ear promising a conservatory.

On a separate note - 

Team lines out for the reserve game with Dundee, Hamilton captains the side. Kane starts, as does Paul Allan and Ben Summers. Rest is made of the guys you'd expect, Sutherland, Tod etc. Bench has 6 kids on it. One name that stood out is John Tod, is this the other son of Andy Tod Snr that we have in the academy?

Edited by The Toun Clock

4 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Team lines out for the reserve game with Dundee, Hamilton captains the side. Kane starts, as does Paul Allan and Ben Summers. Rest is made of the guys you'd expect, Sutherland, Tod etc. Bench has 6 kids on it. One name that stood out is John Tod, is this the other son of Andy Tod Snr that we have in the academy?

He is another son of son of God, yes. There's another younger one who is also coming through I think. Callum maybe? 

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

He better have been getting a Stephens product otherwise I'm not keen on him coming in.

43 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

He is another son of son of God, yes. There's another younger one who is also coming through I think. Callum maybe? 

There's another one! We all dream of a team full of guys called Tod(d).

35 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Bean and tattie pie man is he? 

Frog cake.

20 minutes ago, 101 said:

He better have been getting a Stephens product otherwise I'm not keen on him coming in.

He may well have, I just didn't want the post to sound like complete nonsense, ach I seem Mumbongo buying a bridie at the Co-op haha. By time I seen him he was at the car door so didn't really see what he had in his hands.

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Another cool nonsense rumour to add on! 

I'd place that even worse than the usual nonsense these accounts put out. 29, already at an ok level compared to scottish champ. Nobody is taking a punt on him and even if they would its almost certainly unaffordable.