Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I don’t use any social media platforms other than P&B, but I sincerely hope that there’s a campaign to remove that 7 kings advert from our legends wall. 
Perhaps even a campaign for Pars fans to boycott the 7 kings until it’s removed 

I’m all for the club hoovering up every penny of sponsorship money they can, but unless it’s an absolute fortune we can surely live without the revenue from that? 

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

I don’t use any social media platforms other than P&B, but I sincerely hope that there’s a campaign to remove that 7 kings advert from our legends wall. 
Perhaps even a campaign for Pars fans to boycott the 7 kings until it’s removed 

I’m all for the club hoovering up every penny of sponsorship money they can, but unless it’s an absolute fortune we can surely live without the revenue from that? 

It's an overrated shitehole as well.

Only making a couple of games a season, with Saturday's game against Morton being the first this season, just wanted to note that it genuinely feels like something special is being built at the Pars. On and off the field, I was genuinely impressed with a lot of what I could see. The atmosphere was good, the team look excellent, the general vibe in and around the stadium was very, very positive - it's worth remembering that despite the odd misstep (such as Legends wall, etc), there's been massive progress on and off the field. Stuff that's wrong can and looks like it will be fixed.

Took both my boys along who are all-in on Scotland national team (for obvious reasons at the moment), but have required more persuasion on club football, and both came away genuinely having enjoyed the day, the football and the atmosphere. As I looked around at the young team in the stands, especially the fantastic tribute and atmosphere in the North West stand, our club is in a great place at the moment and it felt like we are starting to build something special. I'm not bothered if we don't go up this year as long as the club can continue to make the steady, small increments toward a sustainable club, playing at a higher level.

I hope anyone involved in anyway at the club, on or off the park, or involved in supporters initiatives, etc realise that the changes and improvements are making a difference. Well done all round!

I agree with all of that, but it's been achieved from a very low starting point both on and off the field (so easier to make improvements) and with a backdrop of 2 league defeats in 42 matches, which is arguably unlikely to continue...

On a more positive note, we now look like a side which is good fun to watch and, continuing on from last season, give absolutely everything over the 90 minutes.  Hopefully, that will keep the vast majority onside whenever the next rocky patch of results comes along.

That is disrepectful. Bert Paton removed from the legends wall and replaced with a QR code for the 7 kings. I'm pretty annoyed about this. Great positivity at the club right now, then some twit sanctions this monstrosity.

We should be naming a stand after him not removing him from the legends wall for that hideous thing.

Scratching my head as to why this was given the thumbs up. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Screenshot_20230925_201059_Opera.thumb.jpg.4bb75a80f8c7a2f2d16b188b67c0dcf7.jpg

Has someone genuinely signed off on Dunfermline removing Bert Paton, Jim Leishman, Hamish French, Stevie Crawford and Istvan Kozma from their Legends Wall, so passers by can scan a giant QR code to find out the terrible food selections on the Seven Kings menu? That's remarkable if so. 

I'd imagine they've taken a bit of cash and just not given it much thought really. I'd imagine it'll get rectified fairly quickly. I've not been hesitant to stick the boot in to this board but this is a non-issue IMO.

I may be wrong but I’m sure someone said during the close season that the who legends wall was being taken down/replaced but a new one was going up. It may well get relocated or something. They could maybe have it on the fence that separates the Norrie and Aldi, or somewhere it’s only viewable during matches. Then save the bit outside viewable to passing cars for advertisement.

It looks daft but I’m sure the board didn’t think nothing of it, I’d not be shocked if those making the decisions contacted those removed just to give a heads up. Every single one of these guys is in the Hall of Fame, that’s where it matters. This was just a place for kids to get their photo on the empty chair.

I mean Leishman is still in hospitality every home game, it’ll have come up, he’ll be joking about being replaced by a QR code, googlemehen!

10 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Has someone genuinely signed off on Dunfermline removing Bert Paton, Jim Leishman, Hamish French, Stevie Crawford and Istvan Kozma from their Legends Wall, so passers by can scan a giant QR code to find out the terrible food selections on the Seven Kings menu? That's remarkable if so. 

And to think this has probably not even made the top 3 most supporter alienating decisions by Fife football club boards in the last couple of years eh? 🫣

Recieved a reply from David Cook a short while ago.

Basically says that the wall had graffiti, was in bad shape and had some out of date Lifeline benefits mentioned. The plan is to update this appropriately with a new graphic and that because it's a huge space, it'll be split 50/50 between that and commercially.

Also, the new music will be binned. 

Fair play in replying to him. 

To be fair, whilst Raith trying to sign Goodwillie in the dying embers of the transfer window - and hoping no-one would notice - is hopefully a low that we will never usurp, it doesn't mean that their celebrity fan isn't allowed to comment on a mis-step by our board.  Especially, in this case, where he's agreeing with us.

Having said that, it is a non-issue in wider scheme of things if Cook & co sort it out as alluded to above.  They should have foreseen the discontent however, and issued some sort of update prior to the Morton match.

Folk noticed on Saturday. Some complain online. Some write to club. Club replies explaining what's happening within hours.

Reasonable chain of events & outcome is fine by me.

I hope the Raith "celebrity fan" is happy too.

Edited by da_no_1