Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Much like the game at Tannadice earlier in the season, if you disagree with the pricing of a game then don’t buy a ticket.

Crying about the cost but purchasing a ticket anyway is just a complete waste of time.

Agree, I didn’t buy the Tannadice ticket, they even knew and  even reduced the price! I don’t think to ICT was more expensive despite the extra 100 miles 

I did go to the challenge cup though.

As a father with a U16 there are huge changes in prices something that needs to be set across all teams!.bought my Kirkcaldy already.

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Much like the game at Tannadice earlier in the season, if you disagree with the pricing of a game then don’t buy a ticket.

Crying about the cost but purchasing a ticket anyway is just a complete waste of time.

Some of us did that though and still managed to collectively (alongside those who refused) moan enough to shame Dundee United into dropping the price. 

I would agree that £24 is too much for a Scottish Championship game. However, a higher adult price allows us to offer free under 12 tickets to encourage the younger generation.

For a example, a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children under 12) would be £48 at Starks as opposed to £56 at East End Park. Even one parent and a child of any age would work out overall cheaper at Starks.

Obviously if you are just paying for an adult ticket it’s a bit much but if you have a family the pricing is better than most in this league.

16 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

To be honest, I've no issue with clubs categorising games and increasing prices when it is expected there will be more demand. The fact that we had our biggest attendance in 10 years against Dundee United a couple of weeks ago confirms that it hasn't dampened demand and if it creates more revenue for the club then struggling to see the down side.

Pretty much every other form of entertainment tiers prices according to demand so not sure why football should be any different.

Suckling at the teat of Fifes biggest team since The Pars were formed. 

30 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I would agree that £24 is too much for a Scottish Championship game. However, a higher adult price allows us to offer free under 12 tickets to encourage the younger generation.

For a example, a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children under 12) would be £48 at Starks as opposed to £56 at East End Park. Even one parent and a child of any age would work out overall cheaper at Starks.

Obviously if you are just paying for an adult ticket it’s a bit much but if you have a family the pricing is better than most in this league.

That might be true but there's no danger your board are thinking along those lines. They want full paying adults, who are the majority of fans on the day of these 2 games, to be paying more for their tickets 

Rovers are at it - pure & simple. I'd almost have more respect for them if they raised the price to £24 for the whole season, but to do it for games where they know the crowd will be big is poor & no amount of "whataboutery" will change that.

Keep plugging them holes, lads.

35 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

“Encouraging the younger generation” I’m sure was nowhere near the list of considerations on what to charge adult away fans.  😂 

Any club, including my own, charging more than £20 for an adult to watch lower level Scottish football is quite frankly taking the utter piss out of fans.   They are dependent on the nature of the “fan” relationship to drive behaviour, while if this was any other industry, the “customer” would just say nah, bolt.   

£24 therefore, is just profiteering.  Anyone attempting to defend that with “logic” just looks silly in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

That might be true but there's no danger your board are thinking along those lines. They want full paying adults, who are the majority of fans on the day of these 2 games, to be paying more for their tickets 

Rovers are at it - pure & simple. I'd almost have more respect for them if they raised the price to £24 for the whole season, but to do it for games where they know the crowd will be big is poor & no amount of "whataboutery" will change that.

Keep plugging them holes, lads.

Any second now a Rovers fan will be here to argue…

23 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Suckling at the teat of Fifes biggest team since The Pars were formed. 

🤣

I don't think you want to go down the rabbit hole of discussing management of clubs finances. Wee team pays its debts.

Rovers fans had the chance to vote with their feet regarding the increased price at the recent Dundee United game and, despite quite horrendous weather, we had our biggest home gate in over a decade. I'm not sure I heard any gripes about ticket costs. 

I get why it boils your piss that Pars fans attending will be boosting the Rovers coffers, but the club exploiting games where there will be significant extra demand to increase the clubs revenue is not something that particularly bothers me. 

22 minutes ago, parsboi said:

“Encouraging the younger generation” I’m sure was nowhere near the list of considerations on what to charge adult away fans.  😂 

Any club, including my own, charging more than £20 for an adult to watch lower level Scottish football is quite frankly taking the utter piss out of fans.   They are dependent on the nature of the “fan” relationship to drive behaviour, while if this was any other industry, the “customer” would just say nah, bolt.   

£24 therefore, is just profiteering.  Anyone attempting to defend that with “logic” just looks silly in my opinion.

You have to make a profit first surely?

3 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Fail to see what that's got to do with anything but FWIW I haven't decided yet? Will decide towards the end of the week.

If you're needing the extra £2 to make it to the game let me know 👍

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Depends, if you can be arsed you can get a season ticket for an u12 that would you get you in for a pound a game.

23 minutes ago, Raithie said:

If you're needing the extra £2 to make it to the game let me know 👍

Just send 24 quid to my PayPal mate, I'm not going to the game but the extra cash would be good, cheers. 

At a time when for some times are rough as f**k financially, I'd argue football clubs should be doing everything they can to keep football affordable, and while that £2 might not be allot for you (and it's an extra £3 compared to EEP) it might well be the cut off point for some. 

The logic of "well if you don't want to pay then don't come" is fucking daft aswell, you can use that logic if you're selling out stadiums and you've got a supply that can't meet demand, but unless I'm mistaken no club in this division is struggling with that. 

It's shite of Raith Rovers to bump up prices for the games, fans are quite right to complain about that whether they go to the game or not. 

Edited by HoBNob

1 hour ago, parsboi said:

You trying to tell me there won’t be a gross profit from ticket sales at your club?  

Posting profits is not something we've done much of recently. 

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Cool story, Tory boy

Being happy at the billy big baws big city team subsidising the poor town wee team isn't really tory behaviour, but whatever... cool story as you say 🤣

5 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Depends, if you can be arsed you can get a season ticket for an u12 that would you get you in for a pound a game.

Just send 24 quid to my PayPal mate, I'm not going to the game but the extra cash would be good, cheers. 

At a time when for some times are rough as f**k financially, I'd argue football clubs should be doing everything they can to keep football affordable, and while that £2 might not be allot for you (and it's an extra £3 compared to EEP) it might well be the cut off point for some. 

The logic of "well if you don't want to pay then don't come" is fucking daft aswell, you can use that logic if you're selling out stadiums and you've got a supply that can't meet demand, but unless I'm mistaken no club in this division is struggling with that. 

It's shite of Raith Rovers to bump up prices for the games, fans are quite right to complain about that whether they go to the game or not. 

Bang on bud

Dont agree with this tiering system not just at our club but football generally.As far i,m aware this seems to be in place at many grounds

13 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Bang on bud

Dont agree with this tiering system not just at our club but football generally.As far i,m aware this seems to be in place at many grounds

Aye it is,  there's every chance Dunfermline will eventually implement it, as you said it's becoming more commonplace. I just think it's a bit shite.