Walking Down The Halbeath Road

30 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Thanks. You know nothing about me but cheers.

I just don't see the point. Even when we're on a good run I don't think there's any guarantees we'll win any game. Ever

Apart from United and Raith, how is every other team doing form wise?

I don't think the manager will be focusing on games we played in September either.

Knock yourselves out if you want tho.

I don't think we're guaranteed to lose against Inverness, far from it. I was just saying that if we were to lose we'd be in the midst of some worrying form. 

I fully belive McPake will be taking everything into account, context matters. When we lost to Montrose last season I doubt it troubled McPake enormously, it was only 1 loss in x amount of games, there's no need to be thinking too deeply into it and changing much, if at all. It happens. 

If you lose 5/6 games though you probably need to change something, whether it's personnel or formation, your tactics, something is probably amiss. I trust McPake to find a way through it because I think he will certainly care that we've lost a few in a row. 

I'm not saying he won't care. I just don't think he'll lose sleep over it. We were awful against Ayr in the first half but in every other game we've competed quite well in my opinion.

As you say I'm confident the management team see what we see and will hopefully take steps to sort the squad issues in January 

I think we'll come good. I know it's all if's and buts but in the 4 games against Raith and United there's genuinely been nothing in it, just the way it goes sometimes.

It is incredibly frustrating that the goal situation wasn't addressed in the summer though, even last season 2 teams scored more than us and Edinburgh City scored 3 less than us all season. No point in dwelling but I hope we offered Paton a decent deal. 

Even in April when the league was wrapped up McPake done an interview with PLZ where he acknowledged we struggled in the final 3rd and it's disappointing we never addressed it. Obviously we signed Jabuiak but his goal record speaks for itself.

Edited by VinnyPar

The one, the only, and the original Super Joe is apparently training with the Pars first team. 
Any Pars fans think we could/should sign him up again? 
I think he would only have half a shift in him nowadays, but it would be a superb half shift. He would be a luxury player to have. Personally I think any cash we have should be used on a finisher 

What do other Pars fans think? 

18 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

I think we'll come good. I know it's all if's and buts but in the 4 games against Raith and United there's genuinely been nothing in it, just the way it goes sometimes.

It is incredibly frustrating that the goal situation wasn't addressed in the summer though, even last season 2 teams scored more than us and Edinburgh City scored 3 less than us all season. No point in dwelling but I hope we offered Paton a decent deal. 

Even in April when the league was wrapped up McPake done an interview with PLZ where he acknowledged we struggled in the final 3rd and it's disappointing we never addressed it. Obviously we signed Jabuiak but his goal record speaks for itself.

There was no verbal or formal offer to Paton, or Queen of the South or his agent. He is on record as saying that Dunfermline is a great club, one of the best pitches in Scotland and are a club with a Premiership fan base and Premiership facilities. His great Uncle John Paton was at Dunfermline in the 1960's so it all looked promising at that time during April to June 2023.................but categorically no offer was made at any time. Bottom line was Queens Park wanted him (several English L2/L1 clubs were also interested), Dunfermline didn't make an offer so there was no choice to make. 

Drove past training about an hour ago, was far too far away to tell if Cardle was there but Deniz certainly looked like he was with the goalies. Not that I thought Friday's injury was going to keep him out long term but certainly looks like he was well involved with training.

In the summer someone mentioned JC's name and I think we all disregarded it. But see the way things have gone this year with injuries, I wouldn't be totally against him being part of the squad until the end of the season, getting 5/10 mins here and there. Nothing more than that unless absolutely necessary, but purely based on how bad injuries have hit. He came on in the second half for Kelty against us last season, we were defending a one goal lead and he very nearly equalised and had some all-around nice play. I would think this would be his last one before he retires.

53 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Would mean playing him as a winger, or inside winger whatever. 

McPake seems utterly set upon his 3 at the back now, I don't see any room for a player like Cardle.

This for me is another source of frustration, he seems pretty reluctant on going to a back 4 even with poor form and a raft of injuries.

Couldn`t go on Friday night.

Just watched highlights for the first time. Game looked pretty even to me as the commentators suggested. I was expecting 2 huge gk blunders for their goals so was quite surprised upon seeing what actually transpired. Moffat’s finish was so composed (again) and how good was it seeing Matty Todd back? Looked a penalty for the push on McCann.

United will win this league and Raith will probably finish 2nd and we`ve pushed them both all the way in recent weeks. Much to look forward to in the coming weeks