Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, da_no_1 said:

I didn't.

Facts right there.

I'm OK with that to a point, to be fair. We've chucked money at it in the past and it didn't end well. Raiths "strategy" looks out of this world because they're winning most weeks. If and when their form dips fans will start to question everything. 

Can you honestly see a big increase in budgets since they came in. If and when we start to have a dip in form I'm sure our fans will not question everything. Considering this is not a 1 year plan, it's longer term.

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

This 18 year old, with the way you've mentioned him must be a key player who's played lots of games right? I mean if he was a youth player who's not played many, if any minutes it would look very silly of you to give that signing so much relevance. 

I mean, no team who has ever had significant funding from there owner has ever signed a youth player! 

There'll be no concerns over the clubs future, Dean McKenzie left Kelty in a much better place than what he left them, but christ there were no questions about how he got them there, and it wasn't the increased attendances and commercial activities that led to the likes of Dylan Easton, Nathan Austin etc signing for the club. And dare I say it, if you had asked a Raith fan during that time why Kelty were rising through the levels and signing these players the answer wouldn't have been "Oh well they must be selling more hospitality". f**k knows why they're now trying to claim that after posting losses for years, that the slight increase in attendances has offset the off, and on the field spending. They've every right to enjoy it because as I said, I don't think there's any risk of Dean McKenzie leaving them up shit creek, but the whataboutery about their obvious increase in player budget, when they were already spending more than they could afford on players is making some posters look silly. 

The only concern I would have for the playing side is if Murray left, they consistently appointed pretty poor gaffers during their tenure at Kelty, they've came to the club with a good manager in Murray, they'll be hoping he lasts the season. 

Sorry the relevance to the 18 year old is we as a club have been accused of over spending when we run a tight squad with youths in the squad that won't be on big money.

I've also heard how you have a young squad. The example I'll give is Ethan Ross. A young guy we signed from Aberdeen, who was seen as a player, went down south on trials with Championship clubs and ended up with us. We all believed we has signed a great player yet it never really worked out and now it looks like he's away permanently as he's on loan to Falkirk till the end of the season. KRH, Matty Todd and others could go the same way and if you don't get any success. 

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Sorry the relevance to the 18 year old is we as a club have been accused of over spending when we run a tight squad with youths in the squad that won't be on big money.

Absolutely no one was saying you were overspending on the back or signing a youth left back who's played 45 minutes in the challenge Cup, who as it turns out you'd rather play with no recognised left back than give him more minutes last night. 

Dunfermline have given minutes to Liam Hoggan and Ewan McLeod this season so our budget must be tiny! 

28 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

This 18 year old, with the way you've mentioned him must be a key player who's played lots of games right? I mean if he was a youth player who's not played many, if any minutes it would look very silly of you to give that signing so much relevance. 

I mean, no team who has ever had significant funding from there owner has ever signed a youth player! 

There'll be no concerns over the clubs future, Dean McKenzie left Kelty in a much better place than what he left them, but christ there were no questions about how he got them there, and it wasn't the increased attendances and commercial activities that led to the likes of Dylan Easton, Nathan Austin etc signing for the club. And dare I say it, if you had asked a Raith fan during that time why Kelty were rising through the levels and signing these players the answer wouldn't have been "Oh well they must be selling more hospitality". f**k knows why they're now trying to claim that after posting losses for years, that the slight increase in attendances has offset the off, and on the field spending. They've every right to enjoy it because as I said, I don't think there's any risk of Dean McKenzie leaving them up shit creek, but the whataboutery about their obvious increase in player budget, when they were already spending more than they could afford on players is making some posters look silly. 

The only concern I would have for the playing side is if Murray left, they consistently appointed pretty poor gaffers during their tenure at Kelty, they've came to the club with a good manager in Murray, they'll be hoping he lasts the season. 

The 18 year old was signed as cover due to injuries/ suspensions. He's been on the bench and used sparingly as he's not ready for this level yet. Surely if we're throwing cash around as you claim, we'd have went out and signed an experienced player to cover that position instead no? If we're splashing cash, we wouldn't have lost Jamie Macdonald due to asking him to take a pay cut, lost out to George Stanger to Ayr United ( allegedly ) nor lost Tam Lang and Brad Spencer to Falkirk for more money but aye, we're splashing the cash.

Edited to add:

I'd love to know exactly who we're splashing the cash on... One striker from Livingston, A goalie freed from Hibs and a load of Championship/ league one players.

Edited by Toddy

47 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Can you honestly see a big increase in budgets since they came in. If and when we start to have a dip in form I'm sure our fans will not question everything. Considering this is not a 1 year plan, it's longer term.

No I can't but i never said i could. Can you actually read?

25 minutes ago, Toddy said:

I'd love to know exactly who we're splashing the cash on... One striker from Livingston, A goalie freed from Hibs and a load of Championship/ league one players.

You do know that money has to be spent on people who do stuff other than kick a ball about eh?

I heard a figure last night for one non-playing member of your staff. Eye-watering.

2 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Not just experts when it comes to our players wages now the off field staff too. Jealousy ripping right out of everyone of yous.

There's a bit of envy, agreed. I wish we were 2nd in the league playing good football. Things are looking good along the road. Just disagree that you're doing it on a shoestring budget, that's all.

4 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Not just experts when it comes to our players wages now the off field staff too. Jealousy ripping right out of everyone of yous.

Jealous of what? A couple of wins and 2500 home fans. Let’s see how the next few seasons pan out. 

The wee team fans are first taught to hate the Para before even starting to like their own team. It’s hilarious and pathetic. 

8 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

You do know that money has to be spent on people who do stuff other than kick a ball about eh?

I heard a figure last night for one non-playing member of your staff. Eye-watering.

Anyone could make a figure up out of thin air and claim to be in the know. Truth is nobody knows apart from the people within the club.

6 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

A few off your off field staff are based around Dunfermline, Andy Barrowman has a buisness in Rosyth and John Potter is from here with most of his family still residing around here, it's not exactly surprising that such information gets out. In much the same way allot of our wages have came out over the years. 

Some Raith fans are wild man, spend years moaning about Dunfermline getting cash injections and the amount we spend on players. As soon as you say that they might be spending a bit of coin they start acting like they're prime Queens Park and everyone's there on an amateur contract. 

There's more than one way to skiin a cat, and our owners are spending money, KRH won't be here for free and the training ground is going to cost a bomb, at the moment I'd much be in Raiths position, last night and the Fife Derby at Starks would've been class. However in 5/10/15 years time? Who knows. 

Maybe we'll be in the 4th tier with a decrepit training ground in Rosyth, maybe we'll be moaning about not being top six in the premier, but I don't think it's any secret that the German owners have taken a very long term approach, while the Dean McKenzie consortium is hoping for a more instant impact. Either set of fan making out that they're respective owners aren't putting some hefty cash in though is wild. 

Even when they win they are a slavering mess. 

I genuinely believe Raith fans are brought up to hate Dunfermline more than support their club. Must be true, because hardly any c*nt goes to Starks Park, even during a title race. 

37 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

A few off your off field staff are based around Dunfermline, Andy Barrowman has a buisness in Rosyth and John Potter is from here with most of his family still residing around here, 

Aye right enough. I suspect they are in and out all the local boozers telling any punter who will listen how much coin they are making along the road at the Rovers.

47 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

There's a bit of envy, agreed. I wish we were 2nd in the league playing good football. Things are looking good along the road. Just disagree that you're doing it on a shoestring budget, that's all.

No-one claiming we are doing it on shoestring budget. We will have a similar budget to recent seasons. McGlynn was well backed in his last two seasons.

This year our home attendances have been sometimes double what they were in same fixtures last year, record shirt sales, and its been said our hospitality and sponsorship incomes have increased. 

We've just shipped out one of our highest earners for rest of season when we can't even fill our bench so clearly there is some effort being made to balance the books and new owners are not just throwing money at a title push

Wooft.

After being ridden live on national tele what have the pars fans got to say today I wonder..

Ah yes, we’re throwing money at it. You know zero facts about our total salary and expenditure. DEFLECT, DEFLECT, DEFLECT.

Plenty I could respond on that however there’s zero point. You should concern yourself with your squad looking like absolute dross with literally ZERO of them would make our starting 11. Sh1tehawks who can’t play with speed or get stuck in. Felt like we were playing Montrose or the likes last night.

Semis of the challenge cup, fair chance of final and more lovely cash entering the till.

4th round of the Scottish with either a potential payday or a winnable game to advance.

2nd in the league and right on United’s coattails. It’s a lovely time to be a Rover.

Home crowds up a 1000.

Merch constantly sold out.

Increased hospitality, regularly sold out.

Fantastic social media above anything in the division.

Raith TV non comparable to anything in the division and better than some SPL sides.

Worry about your own team and inability to win or even score a goal.

Crying about our transfer dealing reeks of not being able to accept you are levels below your neeburs and face reality which is…well… your a bit pish. 

Things change in life, Rovers are on top and rather than struggling to come to terms of that ask the Germans where the Nisbet dough has went as it ain’t went on that shambles of a squad.

3 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Give it to January, if Raith keep winning there’ll be Premiership clubs making changes and Murray will be high on the list. Did he not want to or actually apply for the Dundee gig in the summer? Even if not Scotland, could may well be suitors down south.