Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Taylor Sutherland recalled from Bonnyrig

ETA not recalled. He was only on loan til January. So he's returning now his loan has ended

Edited by da_no_1

12 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

No manager interview ahead of today's game but one with Sam Fisher has been released on the official website. From his point of view, it sounds like Hammy and Otoo should be involved today.

I have a bad feeling we'll line up with a Fisher/Hamilton/Otoo back three, when in reality one of Hamilton or Otoo should be in midfield helping out Allan and Chalmers. 

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

I have a bad feeling we'll line up with a Fisher/Hamilton/Otoo back three, when in reality one of Hamilton or Otoo should be in midfield helping out Allan and Chalmers. 

100%. I can't get excited about Otoo and Hamilton being back after Saturday, because they're not playing where they do their best work.

In other news, I noticed St Johnstone have signed a new striker this morning, I wonder if that adds any value to the Stevie May rumours.

Another pish result at home. Defensive errors costing us yet again. 

Is the penny finally dropping with McPake that Mehmet as well as Sharp are utter dung?

IMO we need a centre half and a goalkeeper pronto. Send Sharp back to f*ck and get a couple loans in that won't break the bank. 

We seemingly don't panic buy. But I think now is defo time to panic. I'm not calling for McPake like the Rovers fans suggest we should on that game thread. This seems to me like a club issue and approach biting us hard in the arse.

Edited by Heaton

Put it in the match thread, but thought it was worth having a discussion on here too. How frustrating is this team?

A lot has been put down to injuries this season, but if the players/manager can’t spot that a one-legged keeper is a weakness for the opponents and seeing that players should be shooting on sight (particularly to the keeper’s right), when he couldn’t dive to his right or run, that’s really concerning. Balls in behind the Raith defence should have been an obvious tactic too, since the keeper couldn’t run and the defenders didn’t want to play it back to him, since he couldn’t kick the ball at all.

Thats not solely on the manager/coaching staff. One of the players also should have been able to work that out and pointed it out to teammates. But it’s really poor that absolutely nobody could work out a really obvious tactic. Instead we just set up and tried to do the exact same thing that’s now got us 2 points from 4 games.

Very poor today. We are far too slow to move the ball forward. The only time we did it today we scored. Mehmet is a bomb scare. The midfield has no fight in it and is over run at every opportunity.

jackubik is a player and does well but has no service off him. He’s sting and holds ball well but nothing around him to help. O’halloran would be aswell as calling it quits how he’s made a living out of football is unbelievable.

we need 2 cbs. A solid ball winning midfielder and a striker in January or we’re getting dragged into a relegation fight. 

I also noticed liam Craig was helping with the warm up today along with another coach. Don’t think we need any other coaches and surely our scout should be elsewhere looking for players not at our game? 

2 minutes ago, Heaton said:

We have a scout? Are they Tayside based?

Gary mantagani or how it’s spelt he’s at all the games no point in having a scout 

27 minutes ago, SRB said:

I also noticed liam Craig was helping with the warm up today along with another coach. Don’t think we need any other coaches and surely our scout should be elsewhere looking for players not at our game? 

Yeah, I’ve never understood the scout being involved in the match day stuff. It’s no wonder we’re struggling to identify recruits, when the scout isn’t actually able to watch any games not involving us. I’d be fine with another coach coming in, if it meant he can go and watch other games.

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah, I’ve never understood the scout being involved in the match day stuff. It’s no wonder we’re struggling to identify recruits, when the scout isn’t actually able to watch any games not involving us. I’d be fine with another coach coming in, if it meant he can go and watch other games.

I would too but and someone like liam Craig has experience too which should help. I don’t know why he’s at games tbh I’m sure I read a reason why not long ago but can’t recall why. 

the playing side needs addressed more than the coaching side. The club has shot itself in the foot this year imo.