Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Safe to say McPake was absolutely seething, accused the players of feeling sorry for themselves and not wanting to win the game as much as QP.

I can’t remember him chucking the team under the bus publicly before, which shows he’s very frustrated at the moment and possibly feeling a bit of pressure for the first time.

Also said that he didn’t know whether Jakubiak’s was an injury or not, which seems an odd thing to say as why else would you have subbed him? Maybe suggesting he wasn’t buying it? Could be reading too much into it.

So just to check that I’m getting this right ! A couple of years ago Raith made a monumental error and do something that caused the club and everyone associated with it great embarrassment and resulted in unending ridicule from everyone, including many on this thread,  and is still going on every other day with additional ‘reminders’ more  than two years later.

Then all of a sudden Mr Karma comes along chapping on your door  and your club are involved in an incident that also brings great embarrassment and the associated bad press with it that no one wants or to be associated with but it appears that the time scale for yous getting a bit of stick is less than a week.

Get off your high horse yous have no right to be on it.

There is a bit of a difference is there not? Your club and manager made a decision that brought it on themselves. Here we have a group of wee fannies jumping a boy after a football game. 

Two very different situations, one by association and the other self inflicted. Forget the fact the focus should be on helping the Raith boy and catching the culprits. 

Also we don't have Pars fans on here defending or downplaying the situation either. 

Edited by Heaton

Getting the uneasy feeling that your glad a young lad has been involved a very traumatic event just so you can try and use it as a stick to beat Dunfermline fans with. 

13 minutes ago, spot on said:

Then all of a sudden Mr Karma comes along chapping on your door  

That might be the worst way possible to describe this situation, fucking hell. 

16 minutes ago, Heaton said:

There is a bit of a difference is there not? Your club and manager made a decision that brought it on themselves. Here we have a group of wee fannies jumping a boy after a football game. 

Two very different situations, one by association and the other self inflicted. Forget the fact the focus should be on helping the Raith boy and catching the culprits. 

Also we don't have Pars fans on here defending or downplaying the situation either. 

15 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Getting the uneasy feeling that your glad a young lad has been involved a very traumatic event just so you can try and use it as a stick to beat Dunfermline fans with. 

That might be the worst way possible to describe this situation, fucking hell. 

The incidents are different but the consequences for the clubs and fans and all associated with the clubs are the same embarrassment and shame. I’m sorry you just see it just as ‘ a group of wee Fannie’s jumping a boy after a football game’, this was far more serious. No one wants their clubs associated with either incidents  but they have both happened and the fans of both sides with have to suffer the brunt of the aftermath as the Raith fans have and are still doing and as yous will do for a while too. 

Your suggestion Hobnob is  ridiculous. No one would ever wish any harm on any young lad like that. But the  stick you mention has been used on Raith and their fans for over two years now and you can’t expect not to get a shot yourselves for a wee while after the recent incident. I’m sure it won’t last the two years that it has lasted so far on our backs.

Edited by spot on

27 minutes ago, spot on said:

So just to check that I’m getting this right ! A couple of years ago Raith made a monumental error and do something that caused the club and everyone associated with it great embarrassment and resulted in unending ridicule from everyone, including many on this thread,  and is still going on every other day with additional ‘reminders’ more  than two years later.

Then all of a sudden Mr Karma comes along chapping on your door  and your club are involved in an incident that also brings great embarrassment and the associated bad press with it that no one wants or to be associated with but it appears that the time scale for yous getting a bit of stick is less than a week.

Get off your high horse yous have no right to be on it.

Knock yourself out big guy. You stick it to us as much as you like until you think the scales have been balanced. That'll teach us. 👍

9 minutes ago, spot on said:

The incidents are different but the consequences for the clubs and fans and all associated with the clubs are the same embarrassment and shame. I’m sorry you just see it just as ‘ a group of wee Fannie’s jumping a boy after a football game’, this was far more serious. No one wants their clubs associated with either incidents  but they have both happened and the fans of both sides with have to suffer the brunt of the aftermath as the Raith fans have and are still doing and as yous will do for a while too. 

Your suggestion Hobnob is  ridiculous. No one would ever wish any harm on any young lad like that. But the  stick you mention has been used on Raith and their fans for over two years now and you can’t expect not to get a shot yourselves for a wee while after the recent incident. I’m sure it won’t last the two years that it has lasted so far on our backs.

The fact you think the incidents are similar would suggest you're thick as f**k. How sad....

21 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

The fact you think the incidents are similar would suggest you're thick as f**k. How sad....

Can you not read? I clearly don’t say that. I said the consequences for the clubs of shame and embarrassment are the same. Who is the thick one ?

37 minutes ago, spot on said:

I’m sorry you just see it just as ‘ a group of wee Fannie’s jumping a boy after a football game

Genuine question, has anyone actually said that on here? 
I don’t think there’s a single Pars fan on here, or the other two Pars forums that haven’t voiced their disgust at what happened to the Rovers fan. 
Not that I really care what the guys that carried out that sickening and cowardly attack on the lad are thinking right now, but I’ll bet looking back they are ashamed of themselves too. 
I’d be stunned if you can find a single Pars fan that isn’t horrified by this, in fact I’d be disgusted if any football fan the world over showed anything less than contempt for these cowards 

I think you be best to step away from this forum for a wee while, coz I can only see one fanny on here right now. 

Goodwillie situation...

... endorsed by the manager and board of the club

... endorsed by a sizable number of the fans

... led to sponsors leaving, wide condemnation 

... ended with a mealy mouthed apology which was then undone in spectacular fashion by the chairman (who is still involved with the club) saying that there are 41 other clubs to support if you don't like it

Assault situation...

... nothing to do with anyone employed by the club

... condemned immediately by both clubs as well as individual players and supporters of both clubs

... Dunfermline supporters offered to help pay towards damaged hearing aids etc despite not being involved in the original assault. 

I can see why you'd think they were comparable situations right enough...

7 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Genuine question, has anyone actually said that on here? 
I don’t think there’s a single Pars fan on here, or the other two Pars forums that haven’t voiced their disgust at what happened to the Rovers fan. 
Not that I really care what the guys that carried out that sickening and cowardly attack on the lad are thinking right now, but I’ll bet looking back they are ashamed of themselves too. 
I’d be stunned if you can find a single Pars fan that isn’t horrified by this, in fact I’d be disgusted if any football fan the world over showed anything less than contempt for these cowards 

I think you be best to step away from this forum for a wee while, coz I can only see one fanny on here right now. 

Read Heatons post above you will find it there. 

12 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Goodwillie situation...

Tbf I disagree on this, the vast majority of fans were against it and it's impossible to not view the actions of various Raith employees/volunteers as significant in Goodwillies departure. 

1 hour ago, Heaton said:

This is the last post I seen from Heaton. I don’t see what you’re referring to. 
I also read your post just above his, and it would appear you dredged up the DG thing in that post, and Heaton was responding to it. 
then there’s this post which I’m sure sums things up for “almost” everyone. 

14 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Goodwillie situation...

... led to sponsors leaving, wide condemnation 

... ended with a mealy mouthed apology which was then undone in spectacular fashion by the chairman (who is still involved with the club) saying that there are 41 other clubs to support if you don't like it

Assault situation...

... nothing to do with anyone employed by the club

... condemned immediately by both clubs as well as individual players and supporters of both clubs

... Dunfermline supporters offered to help pay towards damaged hearing aids etc despite not being involved in the original assault. 

I can see why you'd think they were comparable situations right enough...

16 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Goodwillie situation...

Sorry but this is nonsense. Aside from a few idiots online I didn’t see any Rovers fans ‘endorsing’ the signing of Goodwillie. In fact the reaction of our supporters and volunteers ensured he never played for our club. Those in charge of the club at the time deserve every bit of flak going for that decision but the fans actually emerged with a lot of credit for how they rallied against it and prevented it being accepted like his time at Clyde.

Either way, both situations are horrible and any opposition fan using them for petty point scoring in a local rivalry is totally out of order. It isn’t done out of respect or thought for the actual victim in either case, it is just incredibly crass and childish.

Edited by R.R.FC

To claim a sizeable number of our fans were behind the Goodwillie signing is completely disingenuous. Much like the incident on Tuesday, the decisions of a handful of people don't reflect on the full support. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

Just now, R.R.FC said:

Sorry but this is nonsense. Aside from a few idiots online I didn’t see any Rovers fans ‘endorsing’ the signing of Goodwillie. In fact the reaction of our supporters and volunteers ensured he never played for our club. Those in charge of the club at the time deserve every bit of flak going for that decision but the fans actually emerged with a lot of credit for how they rallied against it and prevented it being accepted like his time at Clyde.

Either way, both situations are horrible and any opposition fan using them for petty point scoring in a local rivalry is totally out of order. It isn’t done out of respect for thought for the actually victim in either case, it is just incredibly crass and childish.

Many RR fans were asking why Pars fans didn’t say anything about DG playing for Clyde, this to me was RR fans trying to deflect/defend the situation.