Walking Down The Halbeath Road

19 hours ago, Parscelona said:

Any Dundee or St Johnstone fans reading the thread know whose likely to be leaving your club in January? Just to give us all a heads up, cheers.

Oludare Olufunwa, James Brown, Cammy Ballantyne, Ali Crawford, Stevie May, Luke Jephcott.

Think thats the only ones possibly leaving, some more likely than others.

Not sure any improve you.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Oludare Olufunwa, James Brown, Cammy Ballantyne, Ali Crawford, Stevie May, Luke Jephcott.

Do they have a pulse? If so, it'll improve us.

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Do they have a pulse? If so, it'll improve us.

I think your bar is a tad low. 

'Working limbs' is a better one.

1 minute ago, Coypars said:

Good to see Miller Fenton getting a chance on Friday, and was one of a few who had a decent game.

I’m not sure he did tbh.  I think if that’s a senior player coming on nobody says anything, especially if they were signed from another club.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Few names I don't know there tbh, any centre backs? 

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

Few names I don't know there tbh, any centre backs? 

Olufunwa is, but hes barely played any senior football and it shows. Either RCB in a back 3 or RB in a back 4 really, but youll get basic mistakes.

No issues with Fenton's performance, or Sutherland up top. Boys did fine given the circumstances. I'd keep giving them some game time to try and let some other guys recover - ultimately, you hope they step up but it's a balancing act between giving them the experience and protecting them from the pressure and expectation. Important fans support them regardless of performances. 

Big week this week. Hopefully everyone comes through training unscathed and we can get one or two in.

I can already hear the groans when our newly signed centre back goes down in the 40th minute on Saturday… 

15 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Big week this week. Hopefully everyone comes through training unscathed and we can get one or two in.

I can already hear the groans when our newly signed centre back goes down in the 40th minute on Saturday… 

As late as 40 minutes. You are such an optimist!

I normally drive past Pitreavie about 11:30 on a Monday morning and the team are usually training. Noticed there wasn't anyone about today. I wonder if they've been given a wee long weekend off or something?

I noticed Todd and Edwards were both down south going by there social media so maybe McPake has gave them all a bit of rest time after a busy couple of weeks. He's done things like that in the past, might also give some carrying niggles some recovery time and a chance for him, the coaching staff and board to really get to work on some new recruits.

Edited by The Toun Clock

If that's the case I'm happy to hear it. Some rest for the lads isn't a bad thing,  can come back in good spirits and focus again after a wee break. 

Must be a lot of pressure to be under and sometimes it's good to remove yourself from it. 

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

If that's the case I'm happy to hear it. Some rest for the lads isn't a bad thing,  can come back in good spirits and focus again after a wee break. 

Must be a lot of pressure to be under and sometimes it's good to remove yourself from it. 

Totally agree. Mentally, I'm writing off the next 2-4 weeks in the hope that some of the injured and tired players can begin finding form again through February and into March. The only concern is there are 4 home games coming up we would otherwise have looked to bring in a decent points tally - difficult balance between letting players rest and being competitive in key fixtures.

Difficult balancing act but hopefully some rest does the squad the world of good.