Walking Down The Halbeath Road

24 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I thought they’d taken the option on buying the ground and it was a done deal? I’m sure I read that during or around the end of lockdown? 

I think they signaled their intention to at some stage but it hasnt happened

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Did you not have something like a 30% sell on fee for Nisbet, who moved on for £2Million? If that’s vanished plugging holes that’s got to be a serious concern.

Especially when the wage bill for the squad this season won't be as much as what we've had in this league prior to 2022's relegation.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Did you not have something like a 30% sell on fee for Nisbet, who moved on for £2Million? If that’s vanished plugging holes that’s got to be a serious concern.

Think you should be more concerned with where the funding for your overspending will come from if rumours surrounding your conservatory (...........ahem) sales person are true

Just now, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Think you should be more concerned with where the funding for your overspending will come from if rumours surrounding your conservatory (...........ahem) sales person are true

It's a valid point he makes though?

Just now, da_no_1 said:

It was.....until his "concern" was exposed as blatant trolling.

Off you f**k Rovers bam

Of course I’m not concerned if you’ve used the Nisbet bonanza to paper over your financial cracks, if I was a pars fan I sure as hell would be though.

26 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Of course I’m not concerned if you’ve used the Nisbet bonanza to paper over your financial cracks, if I was a pars fan I sure as hell would be though.

Thanks for pointing out what we already knew.

The "bonanza" we got from the Nisbet transfer was undoubtedly used to help fill the relegation hole from the season before last. Not sure why that should come as a shock to anyone. It costs a fucking fortune to be full time in league 1. Glad we got out after just one season. 

Edited by da_no_1

This has really spiralled now, based on what? One guy saying he's unhappy about something but won't share what? 'Rumours', even though on this thread we've got an example of someone being 'in the know' apparently talking pish after someone else 'in the know' was told as much by someone at the club?

Got to admit to having concerns regarding the finances at Starks and how sustainable our operation is. Hopefully, when accounts time comes, the club are as transparent as they seem to have been regarding everything else. It's certainly easy to ignore when the team are winning but as history has taught both clubs, that is probably when you should be most concerned.

There is no doubt we have laid out some decent deals to decent championship level players however it is not immediately clear how much more cash is being invested in the playing budget compared to recent seasons. It's pretty inconceivable that our playing budget isn't more than last season however we had fairly sizeable squads the couple of seasons before that. Add in the money spent on Keatings and "he who shall not be named" and there was considerable wastage that is hard to find in our current squad.

Our incomings simply have to have increased this season. Crowds have practically doubled, and the hospitality is sold out every week. There are loads more advertisments around the ground, a number of other commercial relationships of various guises and every bit of merch we put in the club shop flies out the door.

Be interesting to see how it all balances out in the accounts.

I'd be surprised if there were financial concerns at East End. Crowds have remained high and I wouldn't suggest there is excessive playing budget there so there certainly wouldn't appear to be any immediate concern on that front.

4 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Add in the money spent on Keatings and "he who shall not be named" and there was considerable wastage that is hard to find in our current squad

Add in the finances involved you would imagine 6 figures to pay “he who shall not be named” off because of the rumoured contract we gave him at the time 

16 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Our incomings simply have to have increased this season. Crowds have practically doubled, and the hospitality is sold out every week. There are loads more advertisments around the ground, a number of other commercial relationships of various guises and every bit of merch we put in the club shop flies out the door.

Be interesting to see how it all balances out in the accounts.

I'm very much going off the Fife free press here, but were you not already posting a loss under Sim? 

With the the works being done around Starks Park it's hard to see how it's not been achieved with external, owner funding. 

There's absolutely a bit of jealousy from me, if the club is losing money I'd much rather at least be enjoying the product on the pitch a bit more eh? 

4 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I'm very much going off the Fife free press here, but were you not already posting a loss under Sim? 

With the the works being done around Starks Park it's hard to see how it's not been achieved with external, owner funding. 

There's absolutely a bit of jealousy from me, if the club is losing money I'd much rather at least be enjoying the product on the pitch a bit more eh? 

The figures we were given is we were losing an average of £150k a year over Sim's tenure. I'm fairly sure that the higher losses were our League 1 years and seasons where we had decent championship attendances/ cup runs we were ok or even in surplus. I'm not sure they are cumulative losses to the club or if Sim simply covered the tab.

I'd agree that the stadium improvements must've came from funding and there was talk of buy in from several of the group to a combine tune of around £500k. I'm fairly sure that hasn't been "given" to the Rovers and is investment which should see them get a return if we do move up a level and become a Premiership / championship club as opposed to a Championship/ League 1 club. Fair enough.

Similar to the Pars, it's all about the transparency from the owners. Being able to see the iceberg before it's too late is critical. However, winning does mask that visibility somewhat and I think fans of both clubs would agree that the financial risk of going all in for premiership glory simply isnt worth the risk of elongated periods in League 1/ bottom of championship.

What isn't in doubt is that both clubs being in good health financially and sportingly can provide significant benefit to each other. Even setting aside the obvious financial benefits, both clubs battling out at the top end of the Championship provide the best fife derbies. It's a pity that over the last couple of decades, these have been few and far between.

Courier reporting Raith are going to win the race for Rudden.

They've put out an interview with McPake where he expects the market to accelerate for the Championship now. We're talking with one who's still with a parent club in England. As it's outwith Scotland we'll need it done before next Thursday. With "more to come".

7 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

They've put out an interview with McPake where he expects the market to accelerate for the Championship now. We're talking with one who's still with a parent club in England. As it's outwith Scotland we'll need it done before next Thursday. With "more to come".

Raith are a more attractive club for players at the moment, so no surprise if he goes there over us.

7 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I think there will be total meltdowns amongst the fans if we don’t bring at least one more defender in soon. 

15 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

With the more to come is probably talking about the premiership loans I’m sure teams from our league can still get players on loan until the end of February, unless that’s changed… we could have Rudden in by Saturday and there’s talk of a defender coming in before the end of the window then that would be our business done unless something too good to turn down appears 

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Raith are a more attractive club for players at the moment, so no surprise if he goes there over us.

Absolutely, I said this on the RR thread yesterday. Chance to scrap it out for the league and at least have a decent crack at the playoffs or be involved around the middle of the table with an outside chance of fighting it out in the playoffs at the wrong end. Like it or lump it they'll be offering more coin to Rudden or Dundee, however it works. I think the only chance we had of getting Rudden was his previous with McPake and the fact he's gonna start, I don't think he's getting that guarantee at Raith with Hamilton and Vaughan up there.

FWIW, I think realistically we could still finish 4th, but we will not lay a glove in the playoffs unless everyone's back playing, fighting fit and we've gone on some sort of run and build momentum which I just can't see happening. 

Edited by The Toun Clock