Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Can someone copy and paste the courier article please? 
thanks. 

You've pretty much read it in this thread. 

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

The Courier reporting we're "running the rule" over Josh McPake. Would be a good signing, done well with QP last season.

Sounds like a bit of homework done on Holmes, mentions us seeing him when watching Moffat initially and McPake has spoken to Steven Dobbie about him.

Mmmm. McPake seemed to fall out of favour at QP. There were press reports at the time of disciplinary issues apparently resulting in Rangers releasing him from his contract at the start of the season. May be coincidence but it does make you wonder why he remains without a club 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

It doesn’t seem to be any more of a ‘meh’ signing than Fisher, Otoo, KRH and Moffat were at the time. All turned out to be decent enough. Hopefully the boy does well and earns himself a longer stay at EEP.

Pretty much what I said. "80% have been decent", so whilst the boys record isn't good, let's see how he does. 

And are fans not allowed to be underwhelmed? We needed a striker as we need a goal scorer. Hopefully this lad turns out to be what we need and not more of what we have or let go. Time will tell

It's obviously not the big impact signing (if that's possible in the Championship) some folk were hoping for, but I think it's ok. Have to be realistic. There's some risk but has significant potential upside if it goes well. 

That said, he's young, will be raw and to be honest, cannot be expected to turn this season around. We're going to need more support in attack and to create more chances, and that still requires turn around through midfield. 

With Hamilton freed up and Matty Todd hopefully back soon, I'm hoping we're going to get a fair look at him but might require some patience. 

38 minutes ago, Heaton said:

And are fans not allowed to be underwhelmed? We needed a striker as we need a goal scorer. Hopefully this lad turns out to be what we need and not more of what we have or let go. Time will tell

Exactly. When the likes of Brophy and Rudden (moreso the former) were being mentioned they sound like decent signings (even though some folk weren't convinced by the latter). A young guy who hasn't played a lot of football at a decent level and who has only scored 8 goals in 50 odd games isn't getting my socks rolling up and down. He may well be decent and I hope he does well for us and then either stays on or gets back on track at Blackpool but I think it's fine to be a little underwhelmed too.

I’m not exactly excited about this, 

I do wonder, with our transfer policy have we seen the end of wow signings as a whole? Seems to go against our policy too chase a known entity and try be the highest bidder, when you do that there sell on potential is low which would put our board off

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I’m not exactly excited about this, 

I do wonder, with our transfer policy have we seen the end of wow signings as a whole? Seems to go against our policy too chase a known entity and try be the highest bidder, when you do that there sell on potential is low which would put our board off

It was reported recently that they club tried to sign Eamonn Brophy. They also tried to sign David Wotherspoon in the summer.

What 'wow' signings have the club made in the last few years anyway? Some might say Dorrans but it was clear from his time at Dundee that it was a poor signing.

Edited by DA Baracus

I’d say KRH coming on board permanently for 3 years was a wow move at the time.   Shame he’s been injured for all but 3 games of the season.  Otoo was another who we didn’t think we’d get permanent but did, again on a good long contract.

So! Can we hopefully assume that with the lack of call to arms of the Pars faithful to march on EEP, the board have managed to quell the rebellion? 
Here’s hoping that all was sorted out, and the only thing we hear from the boardroom is about one more defender being signed today at the very least 

10 hours ago, Heaton said:

Pretty much what I said. "80% have been decent", so whilst the boys record isn't good, let's see how he does. 

You never know, coming here could bring out the best in the lad and be the springboard he needs. I still get very slightly pissed off when I think about shankland while with us, but look at him now. 
Hopefully his move to us is mutually beneficial. If the laddie bangs in the goals, the NW will come up with a wee ditty hailing him a hero. 

22 minutes ago, Wacky said:

You never know, coming here could bring out the best in the lad and be the springboard he needs. I still get very slightly pissed off when I think about shankland while with us, but look at him now. 
Hopefully his move to us is mutually beneficial. If the laddie bangs in the goals, the NW will come up with a wee ditty hailing him a hero. 

What pisses you off about his spell with us?

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

So! Can we hopefully assume that with the lack of call to arms of the Pars faithful to march on EEP, the board have managed to quell the rebellion? 

It's all gone rather quiet on that front.

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

Why? 7 goals in like 13 games, then got a horrific injury. Boy looked like he'd go on to much bigger things, just took a while to get there.