Walking Down The Halbeath Road

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

But what is the actual figure?

It's due publishing soon, wouldn't be correct business practice for me to mention specifics.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

It's due publishing soon, wouldn't be correct business practice for me to mention specifics.

I can’t wait for this to be published so we can find out what’s going on and hopefully stop all this speculation. 
I suppose when it is all out in the open the conspiracy theorists will start putting their own spin on things, and it’ll roll on and on until the team starts winning again.
Let’s face it, no one would be bothered if the team were winning more games. 
Football fans are a right fickle bunch who only want their team to win, and when their not we gat all this sack the board, the manager, the kit person, the jannie etc. 

Naturally some will come back at me saying it’s not the case, even if we were top of the league they’ll claim they still want the board sacked because of expenditure. Personally I don’t believe that. 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

I meant to say that this is the kind of post that gets on my tits, someone hinting they know everything but won’t say. Sorry Rob, but this post makes you look like a smug know it all. 

2 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I meant to say that this is the kind of post that gets on my tits, someone hinting they know everything but won’t say. Sorry Rob, but this post makes you look like a smug know it all. 

He is to be fair.

I know we can't look too much into this but I hardly think we're skint if we're knocking back 6 figures for a player.

Bad year after paying Championship wages in League one, quite possibly but I don't think it's collection buckets outside East End. Suppose we'll wait and see. I wonder if they purely knocked back the Edwards move because 1) he's an important player 2) we might be able to get a bit more in the summer if he does well between now and then.

Edited by The Toun Clock

4 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

He is to be fair.

He said that he “heard a million” but won’t give the details. Why even mention that figure as speculative hearsay amount then hint that you know the details? 

4 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I know we can't look too much into this but I hardly think we're skint if we're knocking back 6 figures for a player.

I agree. If we’re really in the financial pool of shit many are hinting at, why would we turn down cash like this. We are still losing games with Edwards in the lineup, and bringing youngsters in. Why now help balance the books with that money and replace Edwards with a youngster too? 
we may well be in red, and some may not like it, but IMO it can’t that bad or these patrons would have publicly called the Germans out after the meeting, if not then they are part of the problem too. 

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

I can’t wait for this to be published so we can find out what’s going on and hopefully stop all this speculation. 
I suppose when it is all out in the open the conspiracy theorists will start putting their own spin on things, and it’ll roll on and on until the team starts winning again.
Football fans are a right fickle bunch who only want their team to win, and when their not we gat all this sack the board, the manager, the kit person, the jannie etc. 

Naturally some will come back at me saying it’s not the case, even if we were top of the league they’ll claim they still want the board sacked because of expenditure. Personally I don’t believe that. 

Well aye, it's allot more palatable spunking money if you're not shite. 

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

He said that he “heard a million” but won’t give the details. Why even mention that figure as speculative hearsay amount then hint that you know the details? 

I agree. If we’re really in the financial pool of shit many are hinting at, why would we turn down cash like this. We are still losing games with Edwards in the lineup, and bringing youngsters in. Why now help balance the books with that money and replace Edwards with a youngster too? 
we may well be in red, and some may not like it, but IMO it can’t that bad or these patrons would have publicly called the Germans out after the meeting, if not then they are part of the problem too. 

The Patreons didn't exactly go public prior to the meeting, I don't see why they'd go public after. 

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

Course I'd not, least I'd be getting something out it if we were near top of the league rather than getting horsed near enough everytime I see them play.

I'd be gobsmacked if we didn't have big losses. As long as they can be and are explained and the plan is there then I'm fine.

A large amount has been spent no doubt on some unexpected once in a lifetime situations such as the injuries and recuperation costs, managers being sacked, increased wage bill to cover injuries. Added to that, a small matter of everything costing a shit load more.

Football clubs are not exempt from the same inflation that's dominantated the news for that last 18 months. Quite the opposite I expect.

Edited by Heaton

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Who are these 'sources' who are leaking supposed information about the club's accounts? If it's true they should be fired.

Sources for me are fellow fans putting this about. I removed my post as I don't feel it's helpful, but I'm genuinely wanting the figures published so we can all see for ourselves.

My concern is financial prudence returning a small profit each season pre Gmbh Fussball. Now it's potentially a club with a lot more debt, albeit covered by the Board. That's my issue/concern.

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

^Gutted he's not itk^

What if I'm the source and I started it all as an exercise to prove how football fans will believe any old shite?

I'm not mind.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

What if I'm the source and I started it all as an exercise to prove how football fans will believe any old shite?

I'm not mind.

No you definitely aren't the 'source', unless your names Jabba....oh f**k did I gone and done it now!

Just now, North West said:

No you definitely aren't the 'source', unless your names Jabba....oh f**k did I gone and done it now!

Fucking hell, I forgot about that guy.