Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Strange one seeing Dapo fully kitted warming up for a game when he's not even signed yet. Incredibly frustrating that a potential difference maker has been on trial for about 3 weeks now, would imagine they would know if he's good enough by now

The Dapo situation is becoming frustrating, especially with performances being so poor along with the past couple of results. The club should have been a little bit more discreet if it was going to drag out as much as this. I hope the lad does sign and is the answer, we need something to get excited about.

3 minutes ago, Dislocated Boy said:

The Dapo situation is becoming frustrating, especially with performances being so poor along with the past couple of results. The club should have been a little bit more discreet if it was going to drag out as much as this. 

Has it dragged out?  Mcpake stated he wanted to watch him play first. Its not even been a week since he'd has done that. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

There seems to be a real change amongst the fanbase regarding McPake now.

Previously he'd have plenty of folk defending him but it seems that most have finally lost patience with him now and the majority want him gone.

I'm now of the mindset he's run his course and I wasn't too keen at the end of last season to see him go. I thought giving him a chance to restructure over the summer break was fair. 

One thing I will add is that he's not had it easy with all the shit happening in the background, that's a circus tbh. However, results are not happening and he'll be gone soon enough.

Edited by North West

35 minutes ago, Dislocated Boy said:

I hope the lad does sign and is the answer, we need something to get excited about.

Your “something to get excited about” is signing a player ourselves and Livi have had a look at and both passed over?

Edited by Enigma

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Your “something to get excited about” is signing a player ourselves and Livi have had a look at and both taken a pass on?

The boy you got from St Mirren to replace him has been fair banging them in I see. 

51 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Your “something to get excited about” is signing a player ourselves and Livi have had a look at and both passed over?

Quite, there's never been a case of a player being passed up by clubs then doing better elsewhere. 

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

Who's replacing McPake?

Ian Murray, Craig Levein, Lee Bullen have been the names I've heard suggested most often by fans.

Can't think of anyone realistic who would excite me tbh.

I'd be fine with the first two, not with Bullen. 

Give it to a player (Chalmers) on a temporary basis, he might surprise us. 

Naismith I guess might be an option now? Barry Robson, perhaps? Neil McCann was at Dunfermline before, wasn’t he?

Hope Ian Murray doesn’t end up at the KDM tbh.

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Yeah, why not?? Just because he was passed over it doesn’t mean he’s not of this level, could have been for a number of other reasons. 

52 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Who's replacing McPake?

Ian Murray, Craig Levein, Lee Bullen have been the names I've heard suggested most often by fans.

Can't think of anyone realistic who would excite me tbh.

None of those names excite me either, but if that was the shortlist then Murray is the one I’d want. However, just because the alternatives don’t excite, doesn’t mean McPake shouldn’t be sacked, it’s up to the club to interview and find a better alternative. The answer is out there, it just might not be right under our noses. 

41 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm sure it'll just be a matter of waiting for international clearance for Dapo - we had Fogarty stripped and warming up with the team before the Hamilton game and he signed not long after. 

Yip, fair point that I hadn’t considered.