Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Share issue seems a reasonable target. On the downside the strategy from der bunker appears to be SPL or bust :(

That's what would annoy me the most if I was a Pars fan. I'd be hoping my club cut costs immediately rather than trying to service unsustainable wages/levels of debt by putting everything on promotion back to the SPL.

Are the figures HibeeJibee posted above true? So the Pars have spunked £1,030,000 and have been struggling to pay their players for the last 2 months? Staggering.

Was reading the thread on .net just out of curiousity to see what this share thing was and how it was going to work but seems it isnt too clear but really had to laugh when i read this

So £500k will pay HMRC and creditors AND support JJ ? That must mean buying players in the January transfer window so they had better get their finger out and get the half mill in before the new year . Hilarious when you think there was a thread yesterday about the January transfer window when most people thought it was a joke that we would sign anybody . Half a mill ££££££££ later and we will be in the money .i for one can't wait to see who we will purchase

This kind of thinking is what got you in this situation to start with, honestly

Really? Could you point out where this happened so I can ridicule said fans.

It was on DAFC.net, on one of the numerous ticket threads. Only a few, but people saying "hit them where it hurts" etc.

Just a minority, but enough to make me bitter :D

Was reading the thread on .net just out of curiousity to see what this share thing was and how it was going to work but seems it isnt too clear but really had to laugh when i read this

So £500k will pay HMRC and creditors AND support JJ ? That must mean buying players in the January transfer window so they had better get their finger out and get the half mill in before the new year . Hilarious when you think there was a thread yesterday about the January transfer window when most people thought it was a joke that we would sign anybody . Half a mill ££££££££ later and we will be in the money .i for one can't wait to see who we will purchase

This kind of thinking is what got you in this situation to start with, honestly

You'd be excellent as a supersleuth & all round crimefighter.

Surely not even the thickest Townie fan would pay the resident monkeys money for a share of a multi-million pound debt.

I would love to see the Pars saved but donating money to the current regime is crazy - they have shown the rest of the football world how not to run a club.

Surely not even the thickest Townie fan would pay the resident monkeys money for a share of a multi-million pound debt.

I would love to see the Pars saved but donating money to the current regime is crazy - they have shown the rest of the football world how not to run a club.

Bit harsh, this is football & emotions always rule over what is normally common sense.....

Like it or not our club is in severe danger and need cash, if they don't get cash they'll die, surely even the thickest of Cowdenbeath fans can realise that?

Donating money to a club that needs money isn't that crazy, standing by and doing nothing about it and letting 125 years worth of history go down the shitter? that sounds more crazy to me, chances are if this shares thing comes to fruition I'll buy shares, I don't expect to make money from it and I'm certainly not doing it because I like Masterton and what he's done to the club, but I want a club to support, and holding money back isn't going to achieve that aim is it?

Like it or not our club is in severe danger and need cash, if they don't get cash they'll die, surely even the thickest of Cowdenbeath fans can realise that?

Donating money to a club that needs money isn't that crazy, standing by and doing nothing about it and letting 125 years worth of history go down the shitter? that sounds more crazy to me, chances are if this shares thing comes to fruition I'll buy shares, I don't expect to make money from it and I'm certainly not doing it because I like Masterton and what he's done to the club, but I want a club to support, and holding money back isn't going to achieve that aim is it?

Just think that you might as well invest in a chocolate teapot as the financial running of the club is so bad even after ten years of madness.

500K is needed but why is it needed?

Because they've fecked it up yet again. Why will it be different next season when they budget for crowds of 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000?

On a more serious note, what are the whispers around East End Park in relation to the playing budget for next season? Massive cost reductions or one more "big gamble" at the SPL?

At first glance you'd say it absolutely has to be the first one, but I'm not so sure. For one thing, Jim Jefferies is an excellent manager, far too good for the First Division (what possessed him to sign an 18 month contract, I'll never know) so you'd have to assume the Pars won't have a better chance, managerially, to win the league. They've also got the parachute payment to play with, which could go towards some one-year contracts for a few decent players. It's a massive gamble, but Yorkston's rolled before, more than once, and won.

If Yorkston doesn't stop gambling soon, he'll kill Dunfermline, I don't think there's much doubt about that. The question is, are the conditions right for one last "make it or break it" dash to the SPL?

I posted that back in May, in the "Welcome Back" thread for the Pars. For a start, it shows how fucking good I am at predicting the future. You could probably substitute "Masterton" in for "Yorkston" now right enough. The thing is, it's still a relevant question. Once again, in January, Dunfermline have to choose between cutting their cloth pretty drastically or risking it all to reach the promised land. The big difference now is that the situation is clearly much more dire (or at least, we all know it is) and if they're going to spend any more cash, it's not going to come from anywhere as palatable as parachute payments.

I fear we all know what they'll opt for, and I fear it'll kill the club. Even if they do beat Thistle to the championship, there's no evidence that they'll be able to draw up a proper budget that uses the increased revenue of the SPL to reduce their losses, nevermind cut their debts.

I'll say it again, anyone who buys shares is an utter lunatic.

It's a last gasp attempt by Masterton to line his pockets before the whole deck of cards comes tumbling down IMO.

Agreed,

Have a greenie for commonsense prevailing.

I'd hang back and see what your financial "wizards" will put in the pot, if anything.

You know the saying, "if it sounds too good to be true.....it usually is....... untrue!!"

Helluva situation for you guys. Hope it turns round for the Pars,somehow.

Edited by Wee Sandy

Your sentiment may be commendable but not enough people will feel the same as you and it sounds like you need an awful lot of people thinking like yourself.