Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He looked quite quick, tricky and direct when he came on vs Hearts last Saturday. Hopefully see more of what he can do this week vs Falkirk.

On another thread, discussing most likely starting XI's for next season, I've chosen this (from players officially signed atm, not including current trialists)

Hvrinak

Millen

Young

Morris

Whittle

Byrne

Husband

Geggan

Falkingham

Ferguson

Wallace

Subs;

Goodfellow

Potter

Kane

Smith

Thomson

Still got good back up options too - Dargo, Fayssal, Martin. Still a very promising and competitive squad we've got. Hopefully, if/when Pars United get official confirmation of the CVA being passed and them as our new owners, most of the squad will be offered long term contracts of 2/3 years minimum. Boys like Byrne, Morris, Wallace, Smith, Falkingham and Whittle are gonna go far in their careers and if we could just tie them down for a few more years yet then we're either gonna get an extremely healthy transfer fee or have a cracking squad of young, hungry, quality players.

The futures bright at EEP - it'll be bright off it too if we can continue to stick together as one unified fan base. Together, we CAN do this.

COYP!! :):D

For the record, that takes the "Ryan" count in our squad to six.

OK, this is annoying me I can only count 5

Scully

Ferguson

Thomson

Goodfellow

Wallace

Who's the other one ?

Ah, Williamson, under 20s lad, son of Andy.

Not a signing to fill me with confidence especially with id being a loan id expect him to be 1st choice. he isn't rated by either partick or Albion rovers fans but the only time I've seen him was his 20 spell against us where he did nothing. Can't remember the score that day, apparently it wasn't very good.

That said I will back him all the way. Hopefully he takes his opertunity.

Not a signing to fill me with confidence especially with id being a loan id expect him to be 1st choice. he isn't rated by either partick or Albion rovers fans but the only time I've seen him was his 20 spell against us where he did nothing. Can't remember the score that day, apparently it wasn't very good.

That said I will back him all the way. Hopefully he takes his opertunity.

Get used to it. We're a 2nd division club. What sort of signings are you expecting?

Get used to it. We're a 2nd division club. What sort of signings are you expecting?

Well, i reckon Buffon will want to see out his career at somewhere quieter , oh wait he's over 21.

In all honesty I don't expect much, but he played at this level only a couple of months ago and wasn't rated. But its a position that experience is very much the key so finding a good u21 keeper would have been a massive struggle. It's more the fact he's on loan that worries me, there is nothing to suggest he is better than Hrivnak at the moment and loan players tend to be automatic starters.

Well, i reckon Buffon will want to see out his career at somewhere quieter , oh wait he's over 21.

In all honesty I don't expect much, but he played at this level only a couple of months ago and wasn't rated. But its a position that experience is very much the key so finding a good u21 keeper would have been a massive struggle. It's more the fact he's on loan that worries me, there is nothing to suggest he is better than Hrivnak at the moment and loan players tend to be automatic starters.

I'd imagine he'll just be cover, hence the fact he's on loan. Nothing to say loan players must start. It's a sensible approach to take. If Hrivnak gets injured, we've got someone, and if the guy is gash, he can be punted in January or whenever the loan is until.

Also it's not really a position where experience is key really. If a guy is good enough then lack of experience won't matter (see Alan McGregor when he was on loan with us).

I reckon we're missing a trick here. We should be looking at some of those under 21 Saudi Arabian players.

Edited by DA Baracus

FFC 1876 wrote:

What was rory loy like for yous ? Hes playing as a trialist for us tomorrow and also played against forfar on tuesday and scored twice.

I don't remember too much about him tbh, but I seem to remember him as quite quick and he was forced out wide quite often when he played( I believe he prefers playing as a striker). Nothing to make me desperate to keep him, but nothing to make me glad to get rid either.

ETA: there were a few kenny era signings that I was keen to get rid of so , not bad not great at that time probably made him a decent enough player for us at that time.

Edited by parsforlife

I liked him, we wasted him on the wing allot which was pointless. Good player with good skill and when played upfront he looked dangerous. People forget that his performances for us earned him a new deal at Ibrox.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app