Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I've just done the survey. Some lengthy comments were left. It's good to see that they are actually asking the fans what they want to see and taking the views of the fans on board unlike the previous regime.

Don't mean to disagree, but the old regime done loads of surveys at the start of last season, it's whether they implement the suggestions taken on board that will define whether this board will be a success.

I see where you are coming from, I just personally feel it should be kept up for the foreseeable future as people may submit it then want to add more suggestions they could just fill out another one. Re-reading my previous comment I suppose I never made that too clear. Apologies for the confusion.

The creative ideas forum looks is a good idea also. If you're anything like me you have a shitload of ideas bouncing about randomly in your head until you're asked for something and then it's eh.... gone blank.

Also, if the ideas submitted are deemed unsuitable for any reason then Pars United will get in touch with the person and tell them why their idea isn't being used which is a step in the right direction imo.

The creative ideas forum looks is a good idea also. If you're anything like me you have a shitload of ideas bouncing about randomly in your head until you're asked for something and then it's eh.... gone blank.

Yup, thats me! I've had to fill out the survey 3 different times as more and more ideas have came into my head after I've already sent the previous one!!! :lol:

I must admit, I'm a little worried by the complacent and unpatient nature of some of the support who seem to be against Pars United already due to them setting £150k target for May etc...I know it's worrying and I know we're getting a bit fatigued in giving over money, but it's either that or no Club. Hmmmm, I just feel a little worried, tbh! :(

Edited by dafcburty

My thinking is how many times are they going to set deadlines for donations? How long are they expecting fans to stick their hand in their collective pockets?

I was worried by the statement about the priority being "improving the first team squad" Why? I mean, I'd love for us a to have a quality squad with loads of options but not at the cost of everything else.

We've budgeted for 2500 and our average after 2 games is 2900 - factor in at least 1 home game in the play offs plus maintaining, if not bettering the average we've already got for "regular" home League matches, then we are well on our way to generating extra income than expected in that route. Then say we get a good run in the Scottish Cup - maybe a game live on TV, again...more income which wouldn't be budgeted for. The £150k could easily be made up of footballing means without really needing, or counting in the fundraising. The biggest factor is us - the fans. We need to vocally back the players on the pitch; we need to turn up in good numbers and if possible, encourage people to come along to the games to help not just financially, but also vocally by giving the team the support they deserve.

We've saved the Club, we're buying the Club - now, let's keep the Club!

COYP! :)

Pars United announce Ideas Forum:

Today we are pleased to announce that the Ideas Forum will be held at East End Park's Kingdom Suite on Monday, 14th October, at 7pm. Everyone is invited to attend.

Monday, 14th October, is Columbus Day, the day when many countries in the New World and elsewhere celebrate the anniversary of Christopher Columbus' arrival in the Americas in October 1492. Perhaps appropriately this year it is the day we hope to discover more about how Pars fans would like to shape the future of Dunfermline Athletic Football Club (DAFC). In the Bahamas the day is actually known as Discovery Day.

Since April 2013, Pars United has been an inclusive, umbrella fans’ group working together to build a sustainable community club, whilst promoting unity and fan participation. Pars fans or not, any individual, group, organisation, company, or club, working for the wellbeing of DAFC can be part of Pars United if they want to be.

As an organic organisation, it is hoped that Pars United will evolve, grow and gain widespread support from people who believe in community-owned football clubs. Initiatives by fans for fans have been taking place to fund three logical objectives:

1. Save The Pars
2. Buy The Pars
3. Keep The Pars

Working together, we have almost achieved objectives 1 and 2, saving and buying the Pars respectively. Today, the administrators BDO are still in charge of the club. However, thanks to a huge number of people organising and participating in fundraising activities too numerous to mention, an official handover to Pars United will take place shortly. We will have bought the Pars.

That's the good news. Thankfully, there is no bad news. There is just one more challenge to overcome; we now need to achieve objective 3, to Keep The Pars. This is our long-term objective, in fact our ongoing objective for the foreseeable future, and arguably our biggest challenge of all.

Administration, the associated points penalty, and relegation to League One, now the third-tier of Scottish football, is proving extremely costly, therefore ongoing fundraising, attracting additional fans to East End Park, and winning an early promotion are crucial. They are crucial to everyone employed at the club, to the fans – both Pars fans and rival fans – and perhaps most of all to Dunfermline and the surrounding area. It's fair to say the Pars' importance to community spirit cannot be underestimated. DAFC is emblematic; representing Fife throughout both Scotland and the world. Without getting too dewy-eyed at the thought of the Pars lifting Scottish Cups, European glory nights at East End Park, or for younger fans, the likes of Leish, Bert and currently Jim Jefferies managing great players, the club has both a history and a future worth keeping.

With that in mind, under the umbrella of Pars United and in partnership with DAFC, we are inviting fans to participate in a survey (linked below) and to attend a Discovery Day gathering at East End Park's Kingdom Suite on Monday, 14th October, at 7pm.

This survey is an open invitation to work together for the wellbeing of DAFC, to participate in any way you choose, and to help build a sustainable community club. Pars fans, rival fans, and even non-football fans interested in enhancing community spirit are all invited to join in. Pars United is inclusive. It is more than just a vehicle to buy the club, it is an ongoing movement to create pride in a football club and a community. We also hope to help and work together with other clubs on the path to community ownership.

To help Keep The Pars simply complete the survey below and, if possible, attend the Ideas Forum. Paper survey forms are available from the Club Shop at East End Park and can be returned there for our attention.

Thank you in advance, please proceed with the Pars United – Keep The Pars Survey.

http://bit.ly/195L8mj

therefore ongoing fundraising, attracting additional fans to East End Park, and winning an early promotion are crucial. They are crucial to everyone employed at the club, to the fans – both Pars fans and rival fans

I really dont see how ongoing fundraising, new fans at EEP and you winning an early promotion is crucial to rival fans.

I'd imagine that most clubs in this league would prefer Dunfemline to be in it than say, Alloa, as you'll bring maybe 1-200 more fans twice a season. But thats not the fans - most rival fans couldn't give a rats arse about crowds at EEP, your fundraising or how early you get promoted.