Walking Down The Halbeath Road

f**k all that chat. The Paton's Premier Pars night in November looks incredible. I'm already excited. 

ANDY TOD! SON OF GOD!

HAMISH FRENCH! MY LORD!

STEWART PETRIE! PETRIE!

ANDY SMITH! ANDY FUCKING SMITH!

BERT PATON! WALKS ON WATER!

IAN WESTWATER! WESTIE!

DICK CAMPBELL! BIGOT BUNNET b*****d!

SCOTT THOMSON! NIPPER T!

OWEN COYLE! 

JACKIE MCNAMARA! SOLD FOR TOO LITTLE!

I'm absolutely buzzing for this event. The era under Bert Paton was easily the best ever for me in terms of supporting the Pars. Nothing comes close. It was so exciting to see the Pars play and the passion that ran through the club and the fans will never be matched. Some of our biggest playing legends were around at that time. It really seemed to mean something then. Today is not even a shadow of that time. Bert Paton is an absolute fucking king. He's is, in my view, the second most legendary man to ever grace East End Park and the second most important man. I've been saying for years that one of the stands should be named after him. Add to that that he was a cracking guy and you just couldn't hope for a better person to lead your club. It was very poor how it ended, but those responsible are no longer around, and it's coincidence in my view that this event is now taking place despite being talked about for a few years.

Are you ever calm?

Bi-polar imo.

Although when I found out about it I had a similar reaction.

The 1995/96 Pars team is the one I enjoyed watching the most and not only was it a great team it was a great First Division then as well.

Filled out that survey pretty extensively. As a wee bit of fun, I put at the end we should play 2 Times by Ann Lee just after half time, used to always play it at EEP years ago. But seriously, they better bring it back ;)

Why do you waste the limited money you have on match tickets?

line up at the gate to get in and hand over cash to the turnstile operator just like you would everywhere else, but then handed over a match ticket ?this seems like a highly pointless excersize IMO

line up at the gate to get in and hand over cash to the turnstile operator just like you would everywhere else, but then handed over a match ticket ?this seems like a highly pointless excersize IMO

I don't know why we bother with tickets for away fans but home fans buy a ticket before going to the turnstiles so maybe just for consistently.

Mostly because G4S were putting adults through as concessions and pocketing the difference.

How is Ryan Scully doing?

Looked a really promising keeper when he first broke through for us but completely lost all his confidence, and looked a nervous wreck whenever he played.

We might have progressed too much for him to get a game when he comes back, but hope he at least starts to push on from his initial promise.

How is Ryan Scully doing?

Looked a really promising keeper when he first broke through for us but completely lost all his confidence, and looked a nervous wreck whenever he played.

We might have progressed too much for him to get a game when he comes back, but hope he at least starts to push on from his initial promise.

If you check the highlights and the DAFC v Ayr thread you'll see Scully played a blinder. In his post-match interview JJ talks about how much confidence the players have in Scully and although 5-1 looks like an easy game, Ayr could easily have scored a good few had it not been for some top saves.

The good outweighs the bad anyway (a bit slow to release the ball at times/not spot the potential for a quick throw out and counter attack) and some iffy kicking. Our defence is not exactly water-tight so he's being kept busy.

Looks like a good move all round and a headache for us when his loan period expires.

When Scully first signed, I was worried as the reports weren't great. I think he's a really good keeper and Saturday shows he has improved even in his short stint at EEP. If we can keep him till the end of the season, then I'll be happy. As we saw with Chris Smith, confidence was a key factor and it looks like Scully has re-found his here. Whether we can get him tied down on a permanent basis or not, I'm not sure. How long has he got left on his contract at Firhill?

When Scully first signed, I was worried as the reports weren't great. I think he's a really good keeper and Saturday shows he has improved even in his short stint at EEP. If we can keep him till the end of the season, then I'll be happy. As we saw with Chris Smith, confidence was a key factor and it looks like Scully has re-found his here. Whether we can get him tied down on a permanent basis or not, I'm not sure. How long has he got left on his contract at Firhill?

His contract runs out at the end of the season. He won't get in ahead of Scott Fox though, and I think he'd even struggle to get in ahead of Paul Gallagher as back up, although Dunfermline fans might be better at comparative judging. We've also just signed a New Zealand youth internationalist called Scott Basalaj, who is possibly ahead of him in the reckoning as well, if he impresses.

If you're allowed to take him back on loan for the second half of the season, I don't think we'd be hard to deal with. In saying that we offered him a one year deal at the start of the season, so you'd imagine we were sending him out on loan, with the intention of bringing him back at some stage.

Amazing what a loan spell can do for a keeper though. Allan McGregor was going nowhere in his early 20's, but transformed himself with loan spells at St Johnstone and Dunfermline (I think). Someone could bid for Fox in the summer, so Scully could be a possible challenger for next season maybe.

Great story about Stephen Kenny's jumper above btw.

Scott Fox is a great goalkeeper and Gallacher is a good back up too, but at 34, he'll be looking to the future I'd guess. He is your goalkeeping coach, I believe? He recommended Scully to Dunfermline, I believe, also. It wouldn't surprise me if RS then replaces Gallacher next season at Firhill with PG taking more of a coaching rather than playing role. That is how I see it anyway, because, as you say, after offering him a new deal - they wouldn't just throw him out on loan for the sake of it. They'll be looking towards the future and next season, imo. However, if he's guaranteed regular games at DAFC though, he may be keen to stay with us beyond January and this season.