Walking Down The Halbeath Road

"4 should be enough"

f**k sake, we're in the 3rd tier and have just signed another striker. Think some may be getting a spoiled. It was only a year ago we came out of administration wasn't it?

Some teams struggle to put a squad together so having 4 CBs is an absolute luxury.

"4 should be enough"

f**k sake, we're in the 3rd tier and have just signed another striker. Think some may be getting a spoiled. It was only a year ago we came out of administration wasn't it?

Some teams struggle to put a squad together so having 4 CBs is an absolute luxury.

Got a point there for sure

"4 should be enough"

Jumping in with both feet again?

There's something really funny about the whole "Jim Jefferies really sold the club to me" part in the new boy's statement. I'd like to know what JJ says to folk when he's trying to sign them, I'd imagine it's a bit like your over-confident pal trying to get in about a stunning bird on a night out.

I'm probably being a bit stupid here but regarding the new striker,.is this 'Full Contact' group just an agency or is a type of firm that holds a player's contract similar to whole situagion with Tevez? I imagine it's the former

I'm probably being a bit stupid here but regarding the new striker,.is this 'Full Contact' group just an agency or is a type of firm that holds a player's contract similar to whole situagion with Tevez? I imagine it's the former

Can't see it being anything other than an agency.

Hello, so I have been writing brief season previews for each league team in Scotland and I have just published the Dunfermline one (Link). It would be great if people gave it a read and if you have any feedback or if I have made any errors then please do let me know!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Hello, so I have been writing brief season previews for each league team in Scotland and I have just published the Dunfermline one (Link). It would be great if people gave it a read and if you have any feedback or if I have made any errors then please do let me know!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

On players out you have omitted Danny Grainger (Carlisle). Other than that, pretty much bang on.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

You could add Craig Dargo to the 'out' list of players too.

All very fair - should win the league - no excuses not to given the squad we've assembled.

Cheers I've added Dargo. What was the story in the playoffs last year? Did you guys just bottle it? I know your form at the end of the season was pretty rotten so you weren't going into it with much confidence.

I think it was just a perfect storm of lots of things. We were secure in the playoffs for months and maybe that competitive edge just dropped off. We brought in experienced guys in the transfer window and they never really added the finishing touch to our young team. Defender Page didn't become a regular, Cal Morris seemed to get the cold shoulder for not signing a new deal, Ross Forbes didn't seem that fit. All our strikers were out injured too by the time we played Cowden.

We filled the home end of East End for the second leg and were a goal down in the first minute and that just killed the atmosphere. Cowden were excellent too - strong, fit and a lethal strikeforce. Just a grim match but we moved quickly in the close season to add quality players in key areas and threw down a marker to our fans and other teams that we would be going all out to win the league this year.

Hope big Morris is a success for you guys - I know signing a League One player doesn't set the pulses racing but he's a character and will leave a few Premier defenders a battered and bruised mess after facing him. He has this knack of catching players just a tiny fraction late - it's like seeing someone getting hit by a fridge freezer chucked off a tower block - splat!