Walking Down The Halbeath Road

There is genuinely an absolute plethora of team selections you could play involving 2 wingers, we're not being forced to play this ridiculous 4 centre mids formation, it's just Jefferies being weird.

There is, but a stirling clone isn't one of them.

My consideration would be

Millen/williamson buchanan urquhart/martin whittle

Geggan falkingham

Forbes

Chemin moffat faiss

The midfield 3 can be thrown around into various combinations depending on form/opponents.

Geggan is no longer a defensive mid, he is a box to box midfielder.

it's just Jefferies being weird.

I know Jim McIntyre was never a favourite with everyone but he seemed to spot the same shortcomings as the fans. If we lacked height, he'd sign a tall guy. If we lacked width, he'd find a winger. When we looked like we were facing a nailbiting end to the First Division title race his team played with confidence and belief and rattled off win after win.

There are such obvious solutions to our problems. Potter and his u20s have scored 8 goals in two trips to SPL clubs in recent weeks. I don't think they've done this by playing four random midfielders, no wingers and expecting the front two to simultaneously supply and convert the crosses.

When you play with 4 central midfielders (which is a debacle in the first instance), everything is exclusively played through the middle. Ok, we can pass the ball well at times, but when we play as slow as we do and just constantly through the centre, it's so easy for teams to sit back, block us from getting space and can hit as on the counter successfully.

Playing with wingers should naturally widen teams out and exploit space to get into to create chances. Agree with what was said about Moffat previously: he isn't scoring as much because he's doing all the trekking back you expect someone sitting off him or a central midfielder to do and by the time the balls in the final third he's trying to play catch up with the rest of the team, that's not ALL the time, however.

It's hardly rocket surgery. We lack width and are still too soft in defence. A lot of the goals we've given away this season have been easily avoidable. Lumping balls forward to Moffat isn't going to work. Forfar and Morton's defence totally walked us at EEP playing like that. JJ needs fixing to do, I genuinely think he's not willing to accept the problems and will continue with his failing tactics, continuing to play Millen out of position into the bargain just so he gets a game.

McIntyres' signings & style of play made me enjoy going to East End Park after the Hay/Kenny dross..........

Ditto. Signings like Cardle, Gibson and Bell were a departure from the loans, foreign duds and has-beens route.

To be fair to JJ it's hard to knock the type of player he has brought to the club. What he's doing with them is another matter!

Under McIntyre, certainly in the First Division, we were brilliant to watch. Gibson, Cardle, Graham and Bell in the middle were outstanding. You can only go so far with a team, but it was all backed by Masterton and the cracks that lead up to our demise was the SPL season with McIntyre. Paul Burns :lol:

Did .net take on all the running of the official site?

There seems to have been a drop in professionalism in the articles since the change most of which is just about ok but to negatively refer to fans in Saturdays preview isn't acceptable. I don't particularly get fans leaving early myself but its their choice and its not for the club to say that doesn't make them true fans.

Did .net take on all the running of the official site?

There seems to have been a drop in professionalism in the articles since the change most of which is just about ok but to negatively refer to fans in Saturdays preview isn't acceptable. I don't particularly get fans leaving early myself but its their choice and its not for the club to say that doesn't make them true fans.

Yup, that was unnecessary. Doesn't seem to have been done as a joke either, more of a smug "Real fans knew we'd win 5-4" kind of way.

Just read that. Very, very poor stuff indeed and unacceptable. Probably that c**t Brian himself who wrote that.

Hardly befitting of a club that dares to call itself a 'community' club

Edited by DA Baracus