Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Today is a serious, serious wake up call for the club as a whole. Getting utterly shafted 5-1 off Stranraer is an absolute embarrassment and will go down as one of the worst days in our history.

A new manager with new ideas and a new squad is needed to stabilise the club, at least, because right now we are in absolute free fall and would almost certainly be looking at the possibility of relegation

if it wasn't for Stirling, Stenny and Ayr being, somehow, worse than us.

Potter being sacked before the season is out though? Don't know about that realistically happening but someone needs to come in and put a marker down. What a shambles we are.

Pressley?

At the game on Saturday we discussed what could have been for Dunfermline had they enticed Ian McCall back to football. The difference he has brought to Ayr have been night and day so far, performances are improving and results are starting to materialise. There is no doubt that Dunfermline have a competent squad, could an experienced/respected manager like McCall have brought them back up the table?

At the game on Saturday we discussed what could have been for Dunfermline had they enticed Ian McCall back to football. The difference he has brought to Ayr have been night and day so far, performances are improving and results are starting to materialise. There is no doubt that Dunfermline have a competent squad, could an experienced/respected manager like McCall have brought them back up the table?

Not needed. They have the young messiah promising under 20's coach as their manager, and what a fine job he is doing!

Not needed. They have the young messiah promising under 20's coach as their manager, and what a fine job he is doing!

Who has actually said this kind of pish? Seriously. Most of us just wanted Jefferies gone.

Who has actually said this kind of pish? Seriously. Most of us just wanted Jefferies gone.

HTH.

Potter knocked back a coaching role at Hearts recently. He has won our last five u-20 league games

Aggregate score of Pars 18 - 3 Dundee, Dundee Utd, Falkirk, Ross County, Partick

The performances and results of his team, plus the clear affection the players have him was a pretty stark contrast to how JJ was getting on with the first team. Also, Potter's u20s played Rangers near the end of last season and drew 1-1, whereas the 'proper' first team got cuffed by three or four goals each time.

I'm chuffed anyway as I've wanted Potter as manager for a while now. I know the name will mean nothing to most folk but I was a bit worried we'd lose him to another club if JJ struggled on.

You say that yet we can only get better and I wouldn't be surprised if we romp you now.

Potter should be ready to start. It was always the plan. A popular figure at EEP, doing well with U20s in a league full of Premiership clubs and is a Dunfermline fan. It sounds good enough to me. Said before I'd take Potter or Aitken.

Things can get a bit heated but I'd like to say all the best to JJ and fair play to him for realising he is past it and doing what was best for the club by stepping aside.

Reading Potter's comments on the site does give me confidence they will have new ideas for the team. Always think it's telling when the new guy barely mentions the man he's replacing. Think Potter may have been rather miffed to not get the job before the season started.

Might try and head along on Saturday now.

Folk on .net and Facebook are still seriously suggesting that fans on a website hounded out JJ and that this was a big mistake.

Potter is one game into his postion. We were massively unfortunate. We played better than we have all season. Puddle drinkers.

Potter looked like the natural choice, we desperately needed a change and he was the only change we could afford. We were on the slide under Jefferies and the only change we could make was to give someone a chance who was already employed.

He seems to be the embodiment of the old adage that good coaches don't necessarily make good managers.

Administration?

Also no because unlike Ayr we get a decent number of fans through the gate, enough to support proper ft football and not the pretend version you guys have. The squad will likely be smaller and I doubt we'll make the marquee signings we did last summer, but the budget will sufficiently support ft football.

Potter looked like the natural choice, we desperately needed a change and he was the only change we could afford. We were on the slide under Jefferies and the only change we could make was to give someone a chance who was already employed.

He seems to be the embodiment of the old adage that good coaches don't necessarily make good managers.

How have you and so many other Pars fans managed to 'forget' that the plan was always for Potter to take over? Pretty sure it was openly stated by the club. The information is out there.

Also no because unlike Ayr we get a decent number of fans through the gate, enough to support proper ft football and not the pretend version you guys have. The squad will likely be smaller and I doubt we'll make the marquee signings we did last summer, but the budget will sufficiently support ft football.

You comr across as a bitter arrogant wee arsehole who thinks we're some sort of big club with such Sevco esque comments.

How have you and so many other Pars fans managed to 'forget' that the plan was always for Potter to take over? Pretty sure it was openly stated by the club. The information is out there.

Not sure I get your point? I know Potter was lined up and would happily have seen him take over after the Cowden humping. The way things were panning out under JJ meant it was worth gambling on making the change sooner and the only candidate was Potter. Regardless of the planned succession, he was the only person we could afford.

The more accurate conclusion being that the amusingly large set of "highly rated" youth coaches in Scottish football are almost never credible managers: they're kept in the running for managerial posts due to their performance having never been held to any credible scrutiny at youth levels, and having the usual clutch of ex-pro mates willing to feed puffer pieces for them in the tabloids on a daily basis.

An entirely predictable outcome for anyone who has witnessed one of these clowns trying to implement their 'footballing philosophy' at a serious level of competition.