Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Who did you guys have last season that scored goals? And has Ryan Wallace pretty much been out for the entire season? I remember him looking very decent in the championship never mind league 1.

We had quite a few on loan that scored a few then left like Jordan Moore, Robert Thomson and Lawrence Shankland. Wallace scored some before the injury but we didn't have an out and out goalscorer. The goals more or less came from all over the pitch.

Robert Thomson?! Can't remember him scoring many. In fact can barely remember him.

Alan Smith scored a few. Geggan got a decent amount, as did Falkingham. And of course Stephen Husband scored 100 free kicks.

Wallace is the big miss but Geggan's form for most of this season has had a huge effect too. Genuinely think that if Geggan & Moffat had been scoring anything like last season we'd be top. Saying that though, Husband (despite the free-kick myths) chipped in with important goals too. Has Ryan Thomson scored this season???

v Morton: R Scully; R Millen, G Buchanan, K McAusland, S Urquhart, A Whittle; A Geggan, J Falkingham, D Hopkirk; A Barrowman, F El Bakhatoui

Subs v Morton: Lewis Spence, Declan O'Kane, Shaun Byrne, Ryan Thomson, Lewis Allan, Michael Moffat, Ryan Goodfellow (GK)

v Morton: R Scully; R Millen, G Buchanan, K McAusland, S Urquhart, A Whittle; A Geggan, J Falkingham, D Hopkirk; A Barrowman, F El Bakhatoui

Subs v Morton: Lewis Spence, Declan O'Kane, Shaun Byrne, Ryan Thomson, Lewis Allan, Michael Moffat, Ryan Goodfellow (GK)

I'd release almost every one of them

Not really interested in the Jefferies stuff, more interested in the rumours regarding both Potter and McCann being under contract for another season. If that's true then the board haven't been open with the fans as that information was never disclosed.

I think Allan McGregor was the last keeper to make such a massive contribution. One season we had Burchill banging in goals, him keeping them out, and lots of dross around them.

I'd still say the defence problems are highlighted because we've been so bad at scoring though. So bad that it inspires our opponents as they notice how poor we are and start to throw guys forward knowing we're too toothless to capitalise should their attack break down.

I think yesterday proved your point about opposition forwards getting forward. Both Morton's fullbacks scored and in fact our left back (Mark Russell) and left mid (Stefan McCluskey) absolutely tore the right side of Dunfermline's defence a new one.

What really struck me though about yesterday is that everything about the Dunfermline infrastructure including attracting 2700 to a game after a crap season crys out Premier League. On the park though is a team that struggles to justify League one status. I have been following Morton for over 50 years and that is the worst Dunfermline side I have ever seen! I feel for their fans.

Not really interested in the Jefferies stuff, more interested in the rumours regarding both Potter and McCann being under contract for another season. If that's true then the board haven't been open with the fans as that information was never disclosed.

While Potter stays, my season ticket will not be renewed. I'm voting with my hard earned.

Can't believe some throbbers of our support still think we can make the play-offs. When you're getting absolutely outclassed and pumped 5-1 and 4-0 to the rivals for these spots, you are not going to stand a chance. It was a very, very slim chance before Saturday, it's completely gone now.

The board has to come out to the fans and clarify if these rumours are true about Potter being kept on. If so, God help us.

While Potter stays, my season ticket will not be renewed. I'm voting with my hard earned.

Yup, same.

If the board thinks that the fans are going to renew their season tickets to watch another year of dross under Potter/McCann then they need to get their heads out of the sand.

If we appoint someone like Derek Adams (my preference), Stephen Aitken or Allan Johnston, it gives the fans something to look forward to next season.

We're not likely to appoint a new gaffer before the end of the season to take a look at the players, which isn't much of an issue for me now as i could count on one hand the players who i would consider keeping. One of those managers listed above in charge and a brand new squad would bring some optimism for the fans.

Also Potter going back to coaching the U20s is questionable for me as how can the youth players look up to someone who couldn't handle the first team players? Plus will a new manager coming in feel comfortable working with the old manager as part of the set up?

IMO its right that no decision should be made until we're mathematically out of it, after that if i agree if we do let potter go then he has to leave the club, he could possibly work with the academy but 20s is too close to the first team and you will have problems with him that working that close to a new manager.

Edited by parsforlife

I genuinely think John Mcglynn could do a decent job for Dunfermline.....

Has proven track record of success in this league. Took a team languishing in 9th to two consecutive playoffs then a league title.

If we appoint someone like Derek Adams (my preference)

I wonder if DA thinks another League 1 gig is beneath him. He's forever in the media explaining that his track record speaks for itself.

His reputation - stemming from his on-the-job personality - is tainted, to the extent that it's unlikely he would get a top flight job, he'll have to go to a lower league club or England (where he was linking himself to the Notts County job IIRC).

As a tactician and organiser, there are few better than him in the country. I think Dunfermline would be a good opportunity for both parties.

McGlynn would be an awful appointment, are we going to forget his awful tenure at Hearts and Livingston? McGlynn, and his brand of football should be consigned to the juniors.

Livi are and were screwed anyway. He would get results, with awful football. Rather than losing, with awful football.