Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Heard from a good source that JJ was getting undermined by Leishman and that he's a bit poisonous for the club. Young players think they are better than they are and don't listen. I love the man so was a bit surprised by this.

There's history between them - JJ made the tackle that ended Leishman's playing career.

Would be disappointing to lose Gus after such a relatively short time. Hope the rumours are shite.

Hopefully the deals done before Wednesday :-)

What is your thoughts on Gus?

We finished bottom last season. Gus came in in January 2015 and had to work with the disaster that Gardner Speirs left him. He brought in a lot of players in the summmer from the juniors and we finished second this season. Seems to have a bit of an eye for a player. There's not a Queen's Park fan who wouldn't have ripped your arm off for a playoff place this season after last year. Most would have accepted a solid mid-table finish away from danger. I have nothing but good things to say about the guy and hope you appoint someone else.

Do people get told these stories "off the record" and that's why they don't reveal their sources? Or are they just talking shite to get attention?

As for the new appointment, after reading what they've done with the budget, I have very little faith they'll make a good appointment. Although why people think a new boss is imminent when they said they'd make a decision in 3-4 weeks and were awaiting applications, I have no idea.

The board have made some glaring errors but I think people are being overly harsh on them. They budgeted for making a loss of around £250k and shock, horror! We made a loss of around £250k!

They can't be held accountable for the on pitch failures imo. They backed Jefferies and Potter in good faith and both of them grossly underachieved.

Ok I'll entertain this trolling, why? What makes you think these guys would do a good job?

All 3 have experience of managing clubs of our stature and have done well. Aitken and Bollan haven't..

Aitken is gonna cost £70k a year and I'd like somebody to tell me what Gary Bollan has done in football management to be so heavily linked with this job

Do people get told these stories "off the record" and that's why they don't reveal their sources? Or are they just talking shite to get attention?

I have highlighted the correct answer. Funny how so many people have 'sources' or how so many people seem to know people at the club or 'close to' the club.

Bollan took Livingston from the 3rd to the 1st in successive seasons turning them into an established First Division/Championship side when he was harshly discarded. He then took an Airdrie side who were in complete disarray when he was appointed from the bottom of the league to a whisker away from the promotion playoffs.

The board have made some glaring errors but I think people are being overly harsh on them. They budgeted for making a loss of around £250k and shock, horror! We made a loss of around £250k!

They can't be held accountable for the on pitch failures imo. They backed Jefferies and Potter in good faith and both of them grossly underachieved.

I think people have been pretty restrained tbh. I would have understood if they'd be overly cautious and gun-shy after everything that's happened but to take such stupid decisions as budgeting for a cup run really does beggar belief.

I have been happy with most of their work though and I think a majority of fans would agree with that and it's that good will that's stopping people going overboard. They couldn't have predicted the team would be so shite but they have to make sure they get the next appointment correct or we could be looking at a grim few years in this league.

I don't think it was unreasonable to expect one more round in the Scottish Cup tbh considering we were 2-0 up at 80 minutes. The accounts are up and there is enough banked at the minute but we can't spend what we did this season.

I don't think it was unreasonable to expect one more round in the Scottish Cup tbh considering we were 2-0 up at 80 minutes. The accounts are up and there is enough banked at the minute but we can't spend what we did this season.

Yeah, I think the banked funds can't be deliberately budgeted for use anymore, about £100k(is the actual sum out there? I know it's six figures) is probably the amount we need to keep as a contingency fund for unexpected costs.