Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Bert and Dick are proper football, down to earth guys. Bert was a legend as a player and as I grew up watching his brilliant attacking side, I feel so much connection to the likes of Tod, Petrie and French whenever I hear their names.

What they did on a budget uncomparably small to most other clubs in the Premiership Division was a miracle. He was wrongfully hounded out in the end, as was Campbell by Yorkston.

Not so long ago we were in a race with Morton and Queens for the playoffs. We’ve picked up only two fewer points than their combined total in the last 10 games and picked up seven more points than United in the same period. Also, Lee Ashcroft has scored twice as many goals as Gavin Reilly in 2018.

23 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Bert and Dick finished fifth in the SPL and got to two cup semi finals. They sold on players for huge fees and all this was done on a low budget. I would equate that to jack Ross doing the same with st Mirren nowadays.

I was too young to see the Pars under Leishman first time, and started going when Bert and Dick were in charge. They, and the players of the time, had a real connection with the supporters and it is, without doubt, my favourite time supporting the club.

We were always written off as an underdog and our playing style criticised, yet watching us was a joy. We were entertaining and scored a ton of goals by getting the ball wide for our wingers to fire crosses in for the likes of Andy Smith, Gerry Britton et al.

After the two previous narrow misses, then what went on during the season, the First Division title win can't be understated in terms of achievement, especially with the other clubs we were up against. To then finish top half in the Premier, get to the Coca Cola Cup semis, and survive and get another semi-final the next season, was a terrific achievement. All done on small budget.

They were a great double act, and Bert was a legendary player and is an absolute gentleman to boot.

He is right up for me in terms of club legends.

One of the three is essentially  a done deal. At this moment in time we're favourite for the other two. 

I’ve seen Vigurs’ name mentioned a few times by Caley Thistle fans. First I’ve heard of the other two.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
58 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:
Deals for Vigurs, Sibbald and strangely, Vaughan, near completion apparently. 

How much is the fee for Sibbald? Hopefully Hartley can put it to good use

No idea tbh. At a complete guess probably similar to the fee we paid for Andy Ryan. 

3 hours ago, smpar said:

Big fan of Callum Morris describing the Pars fans as a “raucous travelling contingent,” the intellectual b*****d.

Few weeks back I was checking into my hotel just as all the Pars players were having breakfast etc. 

Callum Morris was sitting away from everyone though with a spread of newspapers in front of him, not a red top in sight. 

If that isn't the sign of a genius then what is? 

I’d imagine signing Vaughan would mean Clark or McManus leaving, unless Smith was going out on loan again.

Jimmy is 100% at it.

On McManus tho it was curious that when talking about giving ryan a start AJ mentioned his contract situation, suggests that others may have had some form of arms-length contract talks