Walking Down The Halbeath Road

34 minutes ago, forzapars said:

I think we’ll reach play-offs and AJ will get a 1 year extension.

I'd be happy with that on both counts. 

33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Meant to post that the other day. Bert totally nails it when he talks about lifting the gloom when he took over. It was such a relief to get a manager again who just seemed to understand the club and what made the fans tick. 

Wonder what the situation will be with AJ? Don't cock up tomorrow and he gets a new contract? That middle section of the season was grim but it's more points and more goals than last season. If we end up in 5th again though it's not terrible but another season of failing to hit the target. 

If we make an arse of it now and fail to make the playoffs then that would be utterly miserable and AJ would naturally be the first person you’d point to in questioning where it all went wrong.

If we do end up in a playoff place right enough, regardless of how the playoff games go, I’d expect a one year extension as well.

I really fear for us if we were promoted, however unlikely it is that that would happen.

No it isn't. They said there are plans in place should we make the playoffs, then have noted said plans. They fully acknowledge that we aren't there and work needs to be done. Given the short turn around time they need to get the info out as soon as they can.

It's a sensible move.

59 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I know they've put a wee disclaimer at the top but releasing ticketing/hospitality info for the play-off games is just asking for it.

Totally agree. Announce the plans at 4:45 tomorrow if needed.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

No it isn't. They said there are plans in place should we make the playoffs, then have noted said plans. They fully acknowledge that we aren't there and work needs to be done. Given the short turn around time they need to get the info out as soon as they can.

It's a sensible move.

Maybe you're right. I think we'll look fucking stupid if we lose now though.

I'm sure we'd all be taking the piss out of any other club that did something similar.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Think he'll almost certainly be offered a new contract now. All the negativity seems to have gone.

If we get in the playoffs I can't see there being any negativity and even getting knocked out by United at the first stage will be enough for an extension, hopefully AJ has learned about what players he needs, I think he has. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye it's an absolute belter. 

I think AJ is still a fairly young manager learning his trade I think his is better now than he was at the end of last season and I would be happy with a rolling extension, especially after all the work that he has put in down south hopefully that will uncover some kind of gem. I wonder if Sandy Clark has many seasons left in him and a good assistant could work wonders for AJ

Still not sure about AJ. We were a few seconds away from missing out on the playoffs as apposed to fifth. Will probably lose to united.

Not really progress. His lack of signings and team management at the start of the season cost us ten or so points. Look at what Livvy achieved and saints. I wouldn't be upset if he got another year though.