Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Tell that to juventus and united

If you’re expecting to make £98m for Ryan Williamson then you might be disappointed.

Hope to see AJ get a year extension but automatic promotion has to be the aim. I think the core of the squad is fine and if we could keep them then we will be okay. For me, the main targets to sign up are Ashcroft Morris Martin Beadling Clark Higgy Aird and McManus. I think the time has come for Talbot, Paton, and Shields to go, I doubt they are on much at all but don't think they will cut it in a team wanting to go straight up. The rest I think it will depend on what is out there Wederburn, Mvoto, Cardle, Lochead and Splain are probably all squad players with the latter two being on absolute peanuts.

Our goals for/against and number of defeats were almost identical to St Mirren. Just too many draws. A bit more quality in the middle of the park - maybe target guys like Sibbald or Vigurs. At least to troll the a bit anyway. 

Beadling would be a great addition and his team mate from Falkirk sounds like he was a decent player except against us (good lad - like him already). 

Players who can do it at this level and would weaken rivals. Rather than lots of squad players. 

And get Faiss back. 

It would be harsh to bin the manager after an 11 game unbeaten spell. 

Our goals for/against and number of defeats were almost identical to St Mirren. Just too many draws. A bit more quality in the middle of the park - maybe target guys like Sibbald or Vigurs. At least to troll the a bit anyway. 
Beadling would be a great addition and his team mate from Falkirk sounds like he was a decent player except against us (good lad - like him already). 
Players who can do it at this level and would weaken rivals. Rather than lots of squad players. 
And get Faiss back. 

I too feel like not winning enough games is where we came unstuck.

20 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

And get Faiss back. 

Actual having a meltdown mate? Sibbald would take that approach, crumple it up and shove it up your mutant arse. Followed by a shhhhhhhhhh - you mind that aye? 

9 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Actual having a meltdown mate? Sibbald would take that approach, crumple it up and shove it up your mutant arse. Followed by a shhhhhhhhhh - you mind that aye? 

We’ve never really replaced Josh Falkingham. Sibbald looks like he could fill that roll.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
35 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
And get Faiss back. 

I too feel like not winning enough games is where we came unstuck.

If they gave us four points for a win we’d be getting somewhere. 

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

We’ve never really replaced Josh Falkingham. Sibbald looks like he could fill that roll.

Theres the set up....

39 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sibbald couldn't fill a hot dog roll.

And BOOOOOOOM

On 5/5/2018 at 13:55, D.A.F.C said:

Robinson, good keeper but can lose the head. Keep.

Murdoch, replace. Injury prone. Under contract.

Talbot, 50/50 on this one. Squad player.

Martin, keep. Versatile and looking good ATM.

M'Voto. 50/50 he's not much of a footballer but unstoppable in the air.

Morris, keep.

Ashcroft, essential. Keep.

Williamson, sell on.

Splaine, let go.

Wedderburn, let go.

Paton, let go.

Shiels, let go.

Cardle, let go.

Craigen, we can get better.

Vincent, offer deal.

Beadling, year loan?

Armstrong, meh. Don't know.

Higgy, keep.

Aird, keep.

Clark, keep.

Ryan, under contract.

McManus, keep.

Smith, under contract.

Major changes we also need to add quality to the bench. Lochhead and Duthie are nowhere near the quality we need.

Sell on the best right-back in the league, aye okay, you gibbering fud :lol:

Ashcroft, Morris, Williamson, Higgy, Aird, McManus and Clark should be who we're looking to make up the core of our squad.

Desperately need some punch in the middle of the park, Vigurs would be massive. 

Let Robinson and Murdoch fight it out for no.1 spot, whoever loses gets punted at the end of next season.

Talbot and Martin is decent enough for left-back, if Martin is fucking it we know Talbot will be 7/10 every week.

Being able to keep Beadling would be great but highly doubtful, realistically we can do better than Vincent and Craigen.

Next season's dream team would look something like this:

Murdoch

Williamson - Ashcroft - Morris - Martin/Talbot

Higgy - Vigurs - Beadling - Aird

Clark - McManus

Robinson - Talbot/Martin - M'voto, A.N. central midfielder, Wedderburn, Cardle, Smith

We're not far off tbh, just need to get a bit more security and confidence about the team.

Hard to say that Smith isn't good enough when we haven't seen him (properly) for months where he's gained a bit more first team experience and is a bit older. IMO, it would be foolish to let him go instead of giving him another year or two in/around the first team.

21 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Wedderburn cardle and Smith aren't good enough. Ryan can't really defend so cash in now while he's wanted.

You really hate him. You still haven't told us what he's done to make you despise him so much.

Oh and on the others I'd say Cardle is good enough. His goals show that for a start. Agree with smpar about Smith. Unsure about Big Nat. Could be decent for the bench  

I thought Smith was actually quite decent before he dropped out and went on loan. Letting go of Ryan is pure madness, unless it's an offer we couldn't refuse. 

I don't hate Ryan at all. He just can't defend. He's good at running forward and getting better at crosses but I think there's better right backs out there defensively in this league. If we could sell him on it's worth it. Overrated.