Walking Down The Halbeath Road

When it says rolling contract is it Month to Month, Quarter to Quarter or Year to Year? Also Jackie Mac agency doing our scouting I assume. Fairly happy with that especailly with Greg coming in he should be able to sort our defense out and I think not having a defending in the coaching squad hasnt helped these last few months

It's certainly different. Crawford and Shields are both club legends so will certainly be given plenty of support and time from the fans.

I remain open to it working. Rolling contracts are sensible at this time.

Not all too impressed with the McNamara stuff but at least he isn't on the coaching staff and isn't picking players, and if he can get us some decent players then that would be lovely.

Hopefully the right time for Stevie to step up after years working under different managers. I like Greg Shields appointment; should be able to drill some hardness into the defence which is needed. Time now to focus on recruitment and hopefully offload some of the diddies.

What’s Crawford done to deserve the job? A short unremarkable spell as East Fife manager then assistant at Falkirk, Hearts and MK Dons. Total unknown quantity for the Pars. I’d be sick the club didn’t go after Petrie or Goodwin if I was a fan. Having a bombscare like McNamara involved is the icing on the cake, don’t think he’s been liked anywhere he’s been. You can expect plenty of jobs for they boys types I suppose.

Not all too impressed with the McNamara stuff but at least he isn't on the coaching staff and isn't picking players, and if he can get us some decent players then that would be lovely.

Not sure why you’d expect him to bring in anybody decent: Didn’t have a great record in terms of recruitment at Dundee United did he?

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

What’s Crawford done to deserve the job? A short unremarkable spell as East Fife manager then assistant at Falkirk, Hearts and MK Dons. Total unknown quantity for the Pars. I’d be sick the club didn’t go after Petrie or Goodwin if I was a fan. Having a bombscare like McNamara involved is the icing on the cake, don’t think he’s been liked anywhere he’s been. You can expect plenty of jobs for they boys types I suppose.

Not sure why he's been appointed. Perhaps it's a short term thing?

How do you know who the club did or didn't approach?

McNamara won't be involved in the coaching side, as the statement says.

Just now, Enigma said:

Not sure why you’d expect him to bring in anybody decent: Didn’t have a great record in terms of recruitment at Dundee United did he?

If you can let me know where I said I expect him to do that, or indeed anything, that would be great.

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Is McNamara's role to bring players in and Stevie manages them. Bit like what Chelsea do.

Hope not! Hopefully it's just to scout and recommend and that signings are decided by Crawford and Shields.

If you can let me know where I said I expect him to do that, or indeed anything, that would be great.

“If he can get us some decent players that would be lovely.”

Ok, you’ve not explicitly implicated you’re expecting him to, but you were at least hopeful.