Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

“If he can get us some decent players that would be lovely.”

Ok, you’ve not explicitly implicated you’re expecting him to, but you were at least hopeful.

Exactly, hopeful but not expectant.

Hmm. I love Crawford and Shields so fingers crossed it all goes well but I'm not convinced. The McNamara stuff gives me the absolute fear.

Also doesn't help that Crawford coming in now looks like a total stitch-up, considering how quickly they've put together this new set-up. Hopefully I'm just being a cynical c**t and it'll be a huge success.

COYP and all that jazz.

Hmm. I love Crawford and Shields so fingers crossed it all goes well but I'm not convinced. The McNamara stuff gives me the absolute fear.
Also doesn't help that Crawford coming in now looks like a total stitch-up, considering how quickly they've put together this new set-up. Hopefully I'm just being a cynical c**t and it'll be a huge success.
COYP and all that jazz.

Crawford the snake?

I think Crawford will do a decent job, was warming to the idea of him getting the Rovers job when he was linked. However, still think Petrie would have been the better option, he has worked wonders at Montrose and is a Pars legend.

Is it possible there was no money after sacking AJ to pay compensation to another club? If so, Crawford seems the sensible choice in those circumstances. Hopefully his new manager bounce is all used up after Saturday!

Did Shields get strapped to a ballistic missile to get over here for the photo shoot?

I heard after the Falkirk home game that AJ's contract terms changed in January, which means it was a much reduced pay-off and that Crawford would take over if results didn't improve due to a lack of finance to get somebody external and pay compo.. Thought it was just ITK shite but looks like it was true.

I'm glad we have experts like Enigma to keep us informed about our budgets etc.

Good luck to them both. I'm not 100% convinced but at the very least it's a bit different from the norm. I'm glad it's not one of the usual out-of-work jobbers quoted & while I wanted Goodwin or maybe even Petrie neither were guaranteed to succeed.

Edited by da_no_1

45 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Also doesn't help that Crawford coming in now looks like a total stitch-up, considering how quickly they've put together this new set-up. 

Surely if it was a stich up we would've got rid of AJ at the first opportunity rather than giving him far too long though? 

38 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Is it possible there was no money after sacking AJ to pay compensation to another club

Could be, as mentioned Petrie has a four year contract and a good job with the Bank, would we have been able to offer him enough money, as well as the compo? Same goes for Goodwin. There's no guarantee either would have been interested. 

The only one I think would've been interested would've been Young but I wasn't keen on him. 

If Crawford was the coach then I have to say everything has went downhill since potter left.
I'm hopefull this will work though and our scouting network seemed limited to ex clubs and pals before. If I'm being critical there's no real experience there apart from McNamara who isn't involved coaching wise.
Third coach Lee Bullen or Brewster please.

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Surely if it was a stich up we would've got rid of AJ at the first opportunity rather than giving him far too long though?

Unless you think they've pulled this together in one day then it's clear this has been the plan for a while. Whether it's a couple of weeks or since Crawford first came in, it's impossible to know.

I'm all for it if the ends justify the means and we improve our results and Saturdays become a bit more exciting again.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Unless you think they've pulled this together in one day then it's clear this has been the plan for a while. Whether it's a couple of weeks or since Crawford first came in, it's impossible to know.

I'm all for it if the ends justify the means and we improve our results and Saturdays become a bit more exciting again.

I reckon the board have been putting a plan together in there head for a few weeks, they won't have been blind to have shite it was getting. 

However my ITK says that Shields genuinely only got a call yesterday, really though I've no idea how much planning has went into it. 

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Letting Jackie McNamara near your club in any capacity :lol:

A failed East Fife manager AND Jackie McNamara, let that sink in!!!!

Dunfermline putting a marker down early for the position of 10th in the Championship next season.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Is McNamara's role to bring players in and Stevie manages them. Bit like what Chelsea do.

McNamara is hired by an agency now, you'll be getting any dross he can persuade to head your way, and he'll be expecting a cut if they're ever sold.

It's likely a really shite version of Wolves link up with Jorge Mendes.